Costco Convertible Pants

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Stkx66, Apr 7, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Stkx66

Stkx66 iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower 27+/ 29r
    I saw these convertible pants today at Costco. I would’ve bought them if I didn’t already own a similar pair.

9CDB56AE-401F-4E2A-B5A4-A8C006316A25.jpeg

scan, Old&InTheWay, Danmtchl and 5 others like this.
  2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    So many connotations...:Roflmao

3. Stkx66

Stkx66 iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    I rode the last day of Kokopelli 2 years ago from the top of the mountain down to Moab in convertible pants. My clothing choice worked out quite well to cover the temperature range. :thumbsup:

Luis, Faust29, Danmtchl and 2 others like this.
  4. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
  5. Stkx66

Stkx66 iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Hey.. The Rwanda ride we did 2 years ago I was running late plus I was excited about riding 50 miles for the first time ever on a mountain bike. I had my helmet, gloves, protein bars and water bottles in my hands dashing out through our kitchen to the garage to open the garage door up only to realize I was in my Baleaf underware. No pants. " Close one!" I said to myself. " Steve! Don't forget to put on your riding pants before going out in public-" Haha.

6. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    I own a few pairs of different brands. Can probably count on one hand the number of times I've worn them. They seemed like a great idea at the time but if its cold enough to put pants on, I have warmer pairs that I tend to put on.

7. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    In product marketing research, the deathknell you never wanted to hear in focus groups was "this would be great to take camping!" What that meant was (1) people didn't think it was appropriate for everyday and (2) they would buy it once, and never use it.

8. siata94

siata94 Well-Known Member

Name:
    siata
    Current Bike:
    lazy goat
    I've bought 3 pairs from a few years ago. They are decent as pants, but not that great as shorts. The fabric is not soft
    nor breathable and without the legs, the zippers are annoyingly bulky. The inseam is 2" shorter than my normal shorts (Zoic Black Markets),
    they give off that aussie outback vibe. I should've started w/ just 1 pair...

9. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    LOL, yup. Seems like all the new covid hikers were sporting a pair. Hopefully they'll be back in the gyms and malls once vaccinated.

10. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Buy just 1 of anything at Costco?!? Is that possible? I found that I really liked the shorts they had last summer.. So I bought 8 pair. #CreatureofHabit.

I think I'm going to give these a try... I have the Specialized pants that I wear as San Gabes armor. They're even decent on hot days, but alternatives are nice to have. In a couple weeks, the Gabrielino is going to be covered in poison oak. Shorts are not advised...

:thumbsup:

Danmtchl, Cyclotourist, scan and 5 others like this.
  11. siata94

siata94 Well-Known Member

Name:
    siata
    Current Bike:
    lazy goat
    The need to hoard is especially strong since I wear size 30 and rarely find anything anywhere in 30.

I have 4 pairs of the hybrid shorts.

Danmtchl, Cyclotourist, scan and 2 others like this.
  12. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    upload_2021-4-8_8-18-15.jpeg

Really?Who's your pants guy? j/k.
    It's been a while since I've bought pants in person but I've never had issues finding size 30/31.

Danmtchl, Cyclotourist and Faust29 like this.
  13. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    I just can’t do the convertible pants...I understand the appeal, but they just don’t look right on me-I think it’s my high school yearbook basketball team photo, with me in those awesome booty shorts from 1986-it seared my eyeballs.

I bring my roadie leg warmers on backpack trips instead. And I hike in mtb shorts. I realize that the shorts-and-tights look isn’t exactly less dorky than the convertible pants look. But it works, while making use of what’s already in my closet.

14. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    Sounds about right. I bought some to use on an 8 day paddle trip on The Grand Canyon. They never came out of my gear bag and were on my closet floor from July 2017 until we moved last December. I forgot I ever bought them.

Danmtchl, herzalot, BonsaiNut and 2 others like this.
  15. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    convertible mens pants? do they convert to women's pants?

16. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Transpants!

And we're back to Tim Armstrong's influence on music and now fashion!

Danmtchl, BonsaiNut and Stkx66 like this.
  17. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    The only remaining question: who is doing the changing? The pants, or the wearer? :)

Danmtchl, Danimal and herzalot like this.
  18. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Member

Name:
    Yokel Legend
    Current Bike:
    '98 Specialized FSR Comp
    Consider yourself better off having not spent the $20. I have a pair that's been washed and worn maybe five times. They're hot and uncomfortable even for casual wear and durability is quite lacking.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?