Who's Riding Where???

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by UPSed, Sep 15, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. senderos_949

senderos_949 Member

Name:
    Randy Morris
    Current Bike:
    Marin Mt Vision Pro
    Not aware of those jumps up north of Waterworks. If you can be more specific about location, will check them next time I ride there.

Tom the Bomb, Obsidian and Mikie like this.
  2. RIGID

RIGID Member

Name:
    bandman
    Thanks for the updates to jumps.
    Decided not to go due to those crazy high winds.
    It would have been a "Huck n' Pray" day instead of Huck n' Play".

Tom the Bomb, Obsidian, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  3. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    Monrovia Canyon park has been closed since the Bobcat fire, so I had just assumed that the hillside wilderness preserve (lower clamshell) had also been closed. I called to confirm and found out that it is actually open.
    Easy way to get a 1 hour, 7.5 mile loop from the door while the kiddos nap.

4. senderos_949

senderos_949 Member

Name:
    Randy Morris
    Current Bike:
    Marin Mt Vision Pro
    I follow UOSOCAL on Youtube and he just posted a new video riding the Greer Ranch trails. Looking at Trailforks, the trails don't show up at all and there's a warning; "This region is closed or decommissioned".
    I read Pulte purchased the land for a massive home development so it's private property (and they'll eventually take out some of the lower trails). Anyone know if there are access issues?

Cyclotourist, herzalot, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  5. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Paging @mtbMike and @pperrelle ...

I seem to remember one or both of the guys above posting on this subject...

Cyclotourist, Mikie, mtbMike and 2 others like this.
  6. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    I'm meeting a guy by the name of Jason Martin tomorrow afternoon at the Lazy W Ranch to shuttle the San Juan Trail. I know of another dude with something in common who would find this blasphemy, and I generally agree that shuttling San Juan is manganese, except that my time is limited, and Jmart is coming from Lake Elsinore while I am arriving from Mission Viejo, so there you go.

7. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    You’re brave for posting that. :Roflmao

8. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Wow, fire starter! :eek:

9. senderos_949

senderos_949 Member

Name:
    Randy Morris
    Current Bike:
    Marin Mt Vision Pro
    Whenever the subject of Shuttling comes up...

tenor.gif

10. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    There are NO access issues at all...for now. Greer has BLOWN UP since Covid and there's even been at least one or two new trails built out there in the last year. Weekends are an absolute zoo out there nowadays. What will eventually happen down the road is anybodys guess. I was told be a Rep for the Inland Valley IMBA that the County of Riverside purchased most of the land the best trails in the back are located. When news of the residential development came about, all these new Covid riders nearly lost their sh*t as they had/have zero clue that Greer wasn't built legally to begin with. There were at least 3 petitions started to try to get the City to stop the development. I don't know who they think is going to pay the developer NOT to build already approved homes on their own land.

If you're looking to go ride there, just flow the herd as 90% of them going up the fire road are headed to one of two places...the peak with the towers you see from the freeway which has the Enduro 215 and Monk Dawg trails that lead down to Double D or they are headed for the back area which leads to Distortion, Overdrive, Rabbit Hole with a spur that heads over to the gnarlier trails of TMB (double black jumpline) and Insidous (double black chunk). It's a very easy area to figure out and everybody is generally stoked to be riding and helpful.

11. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

This guy?

https://www.strava.com/athletes/21497164

He used to follow me. But it looks like he changed his strava name.

And this JMartin will never again shuttle SJT.

This JMartin will once again be putting in some big'ish numbers again.

12. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    That's the guy! He's a Froind! It's his brakes I'm trying to sling on iMTBtrails! https://www.imtbtrails.com/forum/threads/sram-guide-r-brakes-for-sale.10055/
    I think his name explains why he's a member of the iMTBtrails Strava Club. I'm trying to get him to join this forum, at least since I'm trying to sling his brakes here. Actually he started riding MTB within the past year or so and already has more KOMs than @herzalot.

13. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Anybody with a KOM has more KOMs than me. And I really don't care how wide my tires measure either. Maybe the two are related?

Tom the Bomb, Mikie, Faust29 and 4 others like this.
  14. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    I assume you temper your expectations since KOMs at your turf are quite harder to achieve than most other soCal locales. I don’t know what you care about, but I do know when you get a Strava PR, so there’s that.

15. Lost Kiwi

Lost Kiwi Well-Known Member

Name:
    Simon
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I was super keen to play big spoon little spoon (I was even going to let you be big spoon this time) but I need brownie points for next weekend to do Harding and all of the Joplins :speechless::sneaky: We definitely need to ride again though!

Tom the Bomb, Mikie, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  16. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    I do like beating myself... :oops:

17. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    Me too! I also like beating my friends and strangers and circling around their cars as they gear up or down at the trailhead and ring my bell for a pretty girl and try to stay downwind of her when I’m a stormtrooper.

It’s fun to observe trends. We tend to slow down as we age, right? ...which is offset by gear (i.e., bicycles, kits, etc.) continually improving. I’m glad you continue to progress. Do you think you are faster than when you had your blue Knolly?

18. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Yes. In most situations, I feel I am faster now than at any time in my riding history - downhill at least. But I have no data to back up that claim and I really don't want any. If I'm delusional, so be it.

That said, I think recent injuries have accumulated in my head and have slowed me on some trails compared to my Intense days. I don't hit 5-Oaks nearly as fast now as when I was on the Tracer - not because of the bike, but because I don't want to fall. Also, LCF or whomever royally screwed up one of the turns, so I have to come to a near stop to make it.

But to your point - I enjoy the feeling of riding my bike over rough terrain. That's about it. I really don't need to set goals or compare to others to enjoy riding. I don't need new adventures, or group rides or total vertical feet. I just need the smiles of a fun section of trail, and the fitness that comes from getting there. The resulting data is kinda fun to see, and the little cups that show up on STRAVA are rewarding, but I still don't want to chase those numbers.

Tom the Bomb, Mikie, mtnbikej and 5 others like this.
  19. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    And I'm going to ride somewhere this morning. Who's with me?

Tom the Bomb, Mikie, mtnbikej and 2 others like this.
  20. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    10,000 other OC residents... :)

Tom the Bomb, Mikie, mtnbikej and 7 others like this.
  21. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    You got that right. Descendus Interrupto!

Tom the Bomb, scan, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  22. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Sick of hearing about the AZ Peace Trail yet??? :gotnothing:

Sunday service: Cibola Wildlife Refuge to Limekiln Wash loop. The wash is one of the two parts of the “trail” I bypassed previously. It should be a 35 mile loop, paltry ascending, and fine sand near Ehrenberg that requires some HAB. My 110-lb partner on 29 x 2.6 will be floating on the loose stuff as well as me on 3.0. The gas station halfway through will keep us light and happy. I’ll be shocked to see another cyclist en route. I’m doing this part in the opposite direction I rode before so I don’t see any bridge-out-road-closed signs...:sneaky:

23. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    LCWP with @Bill rolling from the UHaul in the canyon at 10 am. As in now. See you there!

24. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Neighborhood trails tomorrow morning after the coffee kicks in…

25. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Tomorrow morning: Somewhere. On a bike. In the mountains. Specifics are vague at the moment.

Tom the Bomb, herzalot, Grego and 3 others like this.
  26. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Weather looks dreamy along the coast. Low 80s in SWAZ with breeze, no sleeping in. Safe riding, y'all.

27. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    For me tomorrow, it will be play first then work later OR work first then play later. Doesn’t matter as long as the “play”part occurs.

28. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Riding skis with daughter tomorrow at Southern California's closest winter resort!

29. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Northern CNF craziness. Diapers needed.

30. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    I’ll be in OC again tomorrow and am looking to ride around 1pm. Woohoo! Another day ride!

Whatcha got!?

bvader, Cyclotourist, mike and 4 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?