Guitars....

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by Geetarguy, Feb 3, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Geetarguy

Geetarguy Member

Name:
    Geetarguy
    Current Bike:
    Trek Fuel EX 7
    Some of you have already found out that I love guitars as much as bikes lol. Currently, I have a few guitars: Gibson 57 reissue goldtop, Gibson V, an old American made BC Rich Bich, and an Epiphone Explorer. Currently playing through an Orange Rockerverb 50, Modded Marshall cab, and tons of misc effects pedals. I have been in and out of bands since my teens. Do any of you play? Post up some pics lets see your stuff...and if you play in a band let's see some live shots! I'll go first:

108b6a4.jpg

986712_661391573886414_867020570_n.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

CBone, ~JB~, senderos_949 and 10 others like this.
  2. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    My cousin's son plays. He's got a quite a collection of axes including acoustic, electric, and bass.

Mikie, Danmtchl and Geetarguy like this.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Question: What do you call the guy hanging out with the band...

Answer: The Dummer :oops:

Yeah... I play the drums.

CBone, ~JB~, kingaucho and 5 others like this.
  4. Geetarguy

Geetarguy Member

Name:
    Geetarguy
    Current Bike:
    Trek Fuel EX 7
    We might need to JAM :)

Mikie and DangerDirtyD like this.
  5. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    This is my little brother. The solid body guitar and bass began life as pieces of lumber in his garage. They play really nice, and look great on the wall.

For these socially distant times, he puts out a weekly composition, as an example for his students. His claim to fame is that he plays bass in a jazz combo with the star of “Finding Bigfoot.”

scan, Grego, herzalot and 5 others like this.
  6. Geetarguy

Geetarguy Member

Name:
    Geetarguy
    Current Bike:
    Trek Fuel EX 7
    Damn...that's cool! Dig that jazz! Thanks for sharing! :)

Mikie and tick like this.
  7. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    I learned how to play guitar for my Senior project on a borrowed Washburn acoustic. Took lessons from this dude named Adam Speth here in Orange. That was only for a few months and then my project was done, I graduated, and broke up with my girlfriend and gave the guitar back. :D

I got a cheap Costco Yamaha acoustic a couple years later that I still play today. This was 20 years ago and I’m still just as bad as I was back then. I mostly finger pick Malagueña type songs and strum chords so my kids think I know what I am doing.

My main music passion is the didgeridoo. Actually I stuck at that too but it’s fun to mess with. Still can’t do circular breathing though.

Mikie, Grego, SnakeCharmer and 3 others like this.
  8. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    upload_2021-2-3_17-47-54.jpeg

Bass guy. Started playing again a few months ago after a 20 year hiatus. Played in a few bands in the 90’s.

~JB~, kingaucho, DangerDirtyD and 6 others like this.
  9. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    I've been known to strum a chord or two. :eek:

~JB~, Old&InTheWay, Cornholio and 5 others like this.
  10. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I took guitar lessons for 5 years, along with 8 years of piano, in my teen years. I now own neither instrument. :rolleyes:

11. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I have three guitars and I can play a g, c and d chord with the best of them! And that's about it. Unless you count barre chords. I don't.

But they are great sounding guitars, when played by someone else. An American Strat, a Paul Reed Smith and a Martin Acoustic.

~JB~, Cornholio, Geetarguy and 3 others like this.
  12. kingaucho

kingaucho Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lubo
    Current Bike:
    Giant Anthem 29er
    Played the bass in bands in HS and college. Still have my Spector bass, a 12 string acoustic, mandolin and a ukulele. Rarely ever play anymore though.

Here’s a couple of pics with my band in college.

CA751822-C175-4ECB-A49B-514E0C8E2B81.jpeg

20CA54FC-3F06-4E8D-933A-F7D8EFEE0264.jpeg

herzalot, ~JB~, Old&InTheWay and 6 others like this.
  13. TherealJohnG

TherealJohnG Member

Name:
    John Groenhof
    Current Bike:
    Stanton Sherpa
    I have this Japanese P-Bass, bought in the late 80's. I put a lot of miles on it, refretted twice. Most of the time it just sits.

IMAG0434.jpg

herzalot, ~JB~, Cornholio and 3 others like this.
  14. Geetarguy

Geetarguy Member

Name:
    Geetarguy
    Current Bike:
    Trek Fuel EX 7
    Looks like there are enough members to start a band lol :)

15. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio, Ebony with Gold Hardware. I actually got it in a trade for a Ibanez JS 1200. I borderline regret the trade....the Ibanez was a beautiful looking and sounding guitar.
    Also a Fender Acoustic DG... something.. basically starter pack version that been knocking around for the last 25 years... When we move to somewhere with a little more space I will probably pick up a Seagull (made in Canada).

I was playing a lot, up until the school year started, then life became somewhat hectic in the fall so I haven't really touched it. Pictures are 10 year old.. but most of my life is packed in a storage container for the past 2 months....
    IMGP0459.jpg
    IMGP0429.jpg

herzalot, ~JB~, Old&InTheWay and 3 others like this.
  16. Geetarguy

Geetarguy Member

Name:
    Geetarguy
    Current Bike:
    Trek Fuel EX 7
    Nice! I understand the regret of letting a guitar get away! I had a Gibson Es-135 that I sold...she now lives somewhere in Europe...For me, that's the girl that got away! I don't know what I was thinking but I was soooo sad as she walked out the door...I can still remember the day :(

herzalot and Old&InTheWay like this.
  17. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    Adam taught my brother as well back in the day. I had a wild idea to pick up banjo from Adam a while back, but he moved his studio out to Prescott. Plus side:all the IMTBT peeps looking for a local instructor in their AZ retirement have a great resource.

But if you’re in Portland (or online), my brother usually has a slot or two open for guitar and bass. :whistling:

I breathe how I pedal, no circles here.

herzalot, Cornholio and Geetarguy like this.
  18. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Cool! Adam was a super interesting and nice guy. He was an avid track cyclist awhile back, I almost want to say he was pro or even possibly on an Olympic team at some point. He showed me how he could bend his thumb all crazy due to an injury from a crash.

He also played banjo/guitar for TV commercials. Pretty sure he told me that he did some ihop commercials, the ones where the guy would open up saying “Cliff here at ihop.”

Found one..

herzalot, DangerDirtyD and tick like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?