Yay! But...

Discussion in 'Forum Related' started by mike, Jul 27, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Congratulations, @Mikie, for making progress with your retirement plan!

The obvious question... What, if any, changes might we expect here at IMTBT?

None of my business, actually, so feel free to disregard or delete the inquiry. But it does strike as noteworthy a geography-based SoCal forum operated from SD, no?

Forums have been around long enough for users to have experienced their life cycle. Meaning I’ve been a member of a few enthusiast forums which have passed on. One of them after 17 years. I’m grateful for the conversations regardless of the longevity. That forums can be short-lived doesn’t diminish their worth.

No real insights here, just trying to appreciate the temporary highlights of a temporary existence.

Cheers, Mikie and all.

OTHRider, Luis, Cisco Roots and 19 others like this.
  2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    You know we were all thinking it... Wondering who was going to ask first. :p

3. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    ...The world wants to know...

4. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Were all family here, we are all in this together, will get through this.

5. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    But under whose leadership?

6. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Well... There is already an established precedent. Let’s call it the “George Plan.” :whistling:

7. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    I vote for Dino Brown!

:p

OTHRider, solislbc, herzalot and 9 others like this.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    To keep no secrets...
    @Cisco Roots contacted me about a year and a half ago asking if it made sense to build a imtb-Washington State charter. He stated they had little for mountain bike communication other than mtbr (Cisco, I think that is what you said) and what is that other than a corporate sales model. :rolleyes: The result was I was 1) too lazy, and 2) concerned with the local habitat thinking the site would get diluted. I was also concerned as I had experienced some pretty hostile reply's to inquiries about northern trails from some northern mtbr folks. Which surprised me as I didn't think mountain biking was that territorial. Maybe it was just a small sample of jackwads.

I would still like to incorporate Cisco and his clan. Anyone that hangs out with Cisco absolutely "HAS" to be good Dudes and Dudette's.

As well, my SD intentions were to recruit, recruit, recrruit imtbtrails into the Black Hills Mountain Biking Community.

It comes down to IT forum infrastructure.
    Do I build a Washington and South Dakota Trail Invite and Ride Report forums?

So in short... imtbtrails aint going nowhere. A long time ago, some newbie to imtbtrails named @mtnbikej said something like this, "Let's see how you do after owning a forum for 10 years?" That was in response to STR coming unglued and imploding. See J? I didn't forget.

So let's talk about how we want to expand the site to Washington State and South Dakota and what that looks like, and no... we aint becoming no mtbr... :sneaky:
    Mountain Bikes be spoken here... Argghhhhhh!

Mikie

OTHRider, solislbc, Luis and 18 others like this.
  9. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I heard rumor that Dino was a roadie. Does that even count? It's like putting up with @UPSed and his gravel goop. :p You heard him, if he started a Gravel Forum he would ban Mountain Bikes and accept eBikes. o_O What happen to Ed?

10. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I think Dougie is the only one who knew me on this one. He said in another thread that i was going to hit the trails and recruit South Dakotan MTB'ers. He was right.

11. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    @Mikie Vegas area has zero mtb forums.... just sayin':whistling:

12. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Thanks for the downlow, @Mikie. I appreciate the candor!

Forums are a lot of work with marginal return, I get that. Power to you and all of us for keeping this train rolling – in whatever mode(s) that it rolls.

Yo, @hill^billy, that's proud sentiment, my friend. It makes me think, believe it or not. Bikes are awfully cool, but sharing the experiences (whether here or in the field) is not to be discounted. Cheers :thumbsup:

13. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

This site is going to look like my camera car (bike), lostsa differnt angles.

14. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    MTBR Nevada not doing it for you? :facepalm::rolleyes::p

15. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

Man.....freaking elephant, I tell ya.

you’ve done a great job keeping the cats from crapping in the sandBox. :thumbsup:

16. Dirtrider....

Dirtrider.... Well-Known Member

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Wouldn't adding regional sections to this site "add to" and not "dilute" the site?

17. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:

Depends....have you heard how Californian’s talk about California....just think what other states think about California. :eek:

18. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I still have the firm belief that, like Rock and Roll... Mountain Bikes accept everyone. There is no race, gender, age, or politics when it comes to mountain biking. At least not in it's purity! :thumbsup:

Luis, Sasquatch9billion, scan and 8 others like this.
  19. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    May as well not have it. There are several FB groups that get a lot of traffic. But you gotta go on FB to get to it.:bang:

20. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Silly wabbit! If you really believe that then you don't know me too well do you? :whistling:

21. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I think FB is too linear as well. Scrolling to find that one post is too labor intense.... and how do you post a ride report?

Edit: And further more! When your one and only thread gets derailed...:whistling:

22. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Awllllllllllllllll for the entertainment of the family! :thumbsup::p

23. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    We revive SCTR of course. Im sure the kids over there have grown up by now

24. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    there is a resurgence there....80+ posts in the last week. :rolleyes:

25. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I just went for a visit a few minutes ago... It's eating it's own dead corps! :eek:
    Okay if you like Hot Gog's! o_O
    upload_2020-7-27_11-49-31.png

26. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    The Nevadans don't like to share their goods online. But they do have the goods. Vegas Valley has all you'll ever need. You just gotta make sure to have heavy tire casings for those damned sharp volcanic rocks they have and you gotta be good on the tech. Best way to go about it is go into the local shops and ask if they have groups rides. Get friendly with the locals on the trails and in the shops.

27. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    South Dakota? When did this happen? Shss.. North Carolina.. and now this? Isn't south Dakota in South America? R there any people there? Isnt it too fargo?
    I say group ride to be planned in the black hills!!!

28. jimbowho

jimbowho Well-Known Member

Name:
    james jim jimmy
    Current Bike:
    GT sensor
    IMTB will have one Kansas imtb'er. I got a patch of dirt on the "very" outskirts of Bennington. Envision Little house on the prairie. I'll finally change my avatar wearing my overalls, yes I have a pair, I lost a bet and had to wear them in a race.:thumbsup:

Maybe my sister will sign up. She is the proud owner of a plastic Stumpy formally owned by two imtb'ers. Thanks Mikie. Our ride report will have Minus elevation. There is a couple local short trails and a 20-miler around Wilson lake. It's that or I pack the GT on the KTM-950 for quality time. I have a pic of a herd of Turkeys in my front yard. (There is no avatar for yummy).

29. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    @SnakeCharmer this isn't my first BBQ. The shops around here SUCK. With the exception to All Mountain Cyclery in Boulder City. The three FB groups in this area post group rides weekly. It's not difficult to find group rides, you just have to go on FB and to those groups to find them. AND, the locals around here are BY FAR the friendliest I have came across. Definitely don't have the SoCal "who are you" attitude around here. Thank God!

Stkx66, jimbowho, scan and 9 others like this.
  30. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    :Roflmao lol!
    South Dakota is not in South America. There is way more than 20 people in SD. Fargo-it that I would live in Fargo!:eek: We could easily plan a imtbtrails group ride, pshhh :rolleyes: . You would just have to start with the ride date and count backwards 2 days to leave and be there on time. What's the big dealio? :p

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?