I DIDN'T Ride My Bike Today, Cuzz....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Voodoo Tom, Sep 6, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Maderas84

Maderas84 Member

Name:
    Andres
    Current Bike:
    Ibis, Pivot & Santa Cruz
    I got to know Jack and shortly after he introduced me to his closest cousin, Jack Sh1t, and for a while found myself hanging out with him. Fortunately, I soon realized Jack Sh1t was a bad influence. :stop::thumbsdown:

2. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Didn't go to work, either. Sneezing my head off and choosing not to infect others with whatever version of cold I have. :eek:

3. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Jack, and his buddy Coke, were instrumental in my formative years. Instrumental in weaning me off hard liquor. :eek:

And we won't even discuss Sudden Discomfort and Dr. Pepper....

4. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Still not feeling great but I think I am turning the corner for the better. My bike is glistening clean and ready to roll. Hopefully I will be this weekend as well.

Mrs. Snakess is taking her turn now. :(

5. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Didn’t ride my bike today because my legs are sore from last night’s ride :p

we now return your to your regularly scheduled program...

6. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Has been a loooong week without riding. Where to begin? Firstborn got sick first, and has been down and out. Middle Child and The Baby were next. Then lo and behold, I picked it up. Started feeling craptastic yesterday morning. But had a HUGE day at work, where a school-wide intervention we thought someone else was doing ended up on my department's plate. So we rallied the troops and implemented it on Wed. Had to put my dog and pony director's hat on, which takes a lot of energy. Today was supposed to be a conference at UC Riverside, but I instead just had to call off and stay home and sleep. Couple this with having two finals due tomorrow. Finished one last night, working through the second tonight (see me working!). Tomorrow is ramping up for school-wide registration which begins on Monday, so I need to make sure it's all lined up and ready to go. Volleyball tournament, and HS bike team practice over the weekend, then the aforementioned month-long project of registration on Monday. All this with our little fluff-dog being in doggie ICU since Monday with pancreatitis and kidneys shut down. Was touch and go, but hopefully released tomorrow. The bill will be equivalent to one of those fancy new bikes I hear about!

Hopefully I can get some easy miles on this weekend to help ground me a bit... I can use it!

7. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Because she did and the infant cruised in the stroller and they skipped naps and stayed up late tinkering with Daddo in the garage and the baby just woke up and the toddler is still sleeping and it was(is) glorious!81C9C845-A12B-490A-A42E-DC5234C97B51.jpeg

8. deesalsa25

deesalsa25 Member

Name:
    Dee
    Because it's raining. :(

My days...off it's pouring. Days I am working it is supposed to be scattered showers. AND out of town this weekend. Oh well.

9. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    You get a haul pass and sonofagun, you get snuffed by the weather.

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at   7.45 AM.png

I have to smile and think about what it would be like riding in that. Not a lot of riding on 6-plus inches of snow with 2.5" tires. So I'm pushing my bike through a foot of new snow with the wind blowing near whiteout looking for an excellent place to set up my tent without too much snow getting on/in everything. Then repeat. Fun...?

No, not bummed out, I'm fckng smiling, you got that???????!!!!!!!!! :gotnothing:

10. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    I've felt sorta crappy for about three weeks now, ever since I had a cold. Sorta' like mono or similar low-grade illness.
    That combined with the precipitation kept me from getting motivated to go out.

mike, mountaingirl sara and UPSed like this.
  11. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Hikey outing instead. Pretty causal, everyone's happy.

49702679606_047d7ec284_b.jpg

49702997327_47cb8b1388_b.jpg

12. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
  13. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Cuzz my buddy Rusty ate a really really expensive steak, a $1200 steak so far. For Xmas my wife bought me an Omaha steaks package. Last two things left were bacon wrapped fillet mignons so the wifey and I decided to grill em up Thursday night. Problem is these steaks have big metal prongs holding the bacon on to the steak and Rusty is a counter surfer and his dad is an idiot and set them down within reach so he jumped up and grabbed one and inhaled it whole, metal spike and all. Dogs can eat damn near anything but this metal fork was spooky looking. Rusty is currently in the doggy hospital all doped up and is staying the night and dad is a wreck pacing around and getting intoxicated worrying his buddy. Vet is confident he will be fine.

Pic of the spike from the steak Rusty didn't eat to show why I'm worried...
    IMG_0918.jpg

14. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Dayummm dude - that sucks in every way something can suck. Hoping and praying for a happy resolution.

15. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Sh!t!

I have faith in the doggy doc, though...

16. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    OUCH!!!!!

mountaingirl sara and Voodoo Tom like this.
  17. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Yikes... hope that goes well and they can do endoscopy rather than sharp knife surgery!!!

mountaingirl sara and Voodoo Tom like this.
  18. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Aww man, fingers crossed and good vibes sent to Rusty (and his owner). I'm betting on a positive outcome, but I'm sure it's stressful.

19. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    We've been feeling that way too but if I get off my butt, I can do anything that I didn't think I could while I was laying on my butt. It's a total mental game.

20. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Sorry to hear it, Tom. Being in care is where he needs to be. It will work out – good on you for being proactive.

Recently my mom's dog had to have a rock surgically removed from his stomach. He's made a full recovery, but would have died without the surgery.

Best wishes for the best outcome.

21. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
  22. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Can't help but wonder if the dogs stomach acid will dissolve the metal.

Hope all goes well.

23. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    Because my folks are riding this out at their desert compound, and I went out to see them. We kept our distance, but did go for a hike up a new-to-me canyon.

83DE6830-3DFB-48AB-A57B-B8005C659536.jpeg

24. Stkx66

Stkx66 iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower 27+/ 29r
    Voodoo Tom. How's Rusty doing? We hope he's doing well.

25. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Hey fellas thanks for all the positive vibes and concern for Rusty and sorry for not following up sooner. I'll spare you the sh!tty details and just say that it did not pass naturally and an emergency procedure had to be performed that involved some really long needle nose pliers type tool but it was successful and did not require him getting cut open and gutted. It was a long and couple days but he is home and recovering well even though he will probably be walking a little funny for the next few days. He's gonna be just fine and is already acting like his sh!thead self...Bottom line is it was a $2000+ dollar steak but we all love the f@cker and are really happy and blessed to have him with us. I talked to him earlier and told him how on our next ride I'm gonna rip his legs off and he seemed pretty excited to hear that...

26. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Glad to hear that he is going to be OK but a bummer that it cost so much. The beer is on me next ride!

27. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    That's great news that he's alright. When we got our Rusty I referred to him as Bill, because he just seemed to be a never ending series of bills. In the first couple months I really questioned the "value" of pet ownership. Now I can't imagine life without him, and the $$ are pretty meaningless, even when they sting.

28. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    Yikes, glad Rusty is ok. I hope he enjoyed that expensive steak!

29. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    You know what I couldn’t have said it any better dude and I only put a price tag on it for humors sake. I would have sawed off my own leg and lived in a cardboard box to save him. I’m a major pet lover and would probably have a zoo if I knew how to care for em and had more time

30. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    REALLY GLAD to read it was a successful extraction! Now for some higher counter tops!

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?