Where did you come from?

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by CBone, Jul 31, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Eligible now. I'll keep going until I max out my pension. Only a few more years.

2. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    I was in Oaxaca past week.. everyone asked..Chino? No.
    Japeneso? No.
    Ahh. Koreano!
    No.. Americano ...
    Born in Korea...
    But they said Mexicans r also Americans...
    argentinian said he was American too...
    I forget America is bigger than US..

3. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    My background..
    I once held the world record for being youngest baby in the entire world...

I passed that title to my daughter....

4. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Cool. Then what, more riding than ever? :D

mountaingirl sara and Danmtchl like this.
  5. BigTex

BigTex Member

Name:
    Richard
    Current Bike:
    Pivot Les
    San Angelo, Texas. If you're not from West Texas and know where that is, you either have Air Force, oil industry or wool connections...

Mountain biking? Never heard of it until I moved to California 25 years ago. Somewhat ironically, San Angelo State Park now has some pretty good mtb trails.

6. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    I lived in the valley until my parents moved out of state, I bought a house in the Conejo when the streets did not go through and the sidewalks rolled up at six.
    Now i am cursed, I hate what the nimrods have done to my state. but I am climatized so I can only live where avocados and citrus live in a happy co-existence. I rarely get frost and the grass is always green. I ride a bike where ever work takes me so I have gone and tried many other places. This place is better and Mtn bikes are king in the Conejo, so many trails, so uncrowded.
    Happy Trails in the valley of the rabbit. There are still everywhere around here

7. deesalsa25

deesalsa25 Member

Name:
    Dee
    Born in Anaheim (1988) and lived in the OC until I was 10.
    Moved to Glendale and lived there until I was 23.
    Have been living in Pasadena since and I LOVE it here.

I had a bike as a child and it was awesome - I rode a lot and I feel a lot of the muscle memory stuck around as I ride now in terms of skill and balance. When I was 9 my dad bought me a HUFFY mountain bike and rode it to death. Then I had a Diamonbike BMX bike and rode it to death. I got a new Rhino BMX bike in the 7th grade. At the end of the school year, I was gonna commit to becoming very very good at BMX and my bike got stolen. I didn't get a new bike because times were harsh lol. The Timberjack I have now is my first bike since 2002!

8. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    So you were in 7th grade in 2002? :facepalm:

Me too! :whistling:

9. deesalsa25

deesalsa25 Member

Name:
    Dee
    Nice! Haha. 7th or 8th. Damn now I’m not sure but one of those two lol.

mountaingirl sara and Danmtchl like this.
  10. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Yer such an old fart. :p

11. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I have a bike older than you. :eek:

12. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    Awesome

mtnbikej, herzalot and Danmtchl like this.
  13. Lost Kiwi

Lost Kiwi Well-Known Member

Name:
    Simon
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    If the user name didn't give it away I associate as a Kiwi. Born in Auckland, New Zealand I'm a jaffa (Just Another F#@kin Aucklander).
    *Side note: Jaffas are also awesome NZ candy expressly designed for lobbing at unsuspecting people in movie theaters.*
    As a youngster we moved round a bit as my old man got transferred a bit for work. We lived in places like Hawkes Bay were both my Mum and Dads traditional homes are before eventually ending up in Wellington the countries capital. Thats were I discovered mountain biking. I had a mentor that was into it, and we were in Wellington which is made for riding, hills and epic trails everywhere! I got bit pretty bad, raced XC in the national series and got up to shenanigan's with the local bike shop.
    In 1999 I went to Melbourne to watch the Australian F1GP. Whilst there I met a girl.... we hung out, things got serious and in December that year (much to my parents anguish) I moved to Melbourne, Australia. We lived there for 10 years before getting a bit fed up and tired of it all and I managed to engineer a transfer to the UK thru work (honest boss I'll come back). During those 10 years in Aus the missus became a Mrs, she probably still regrets that but hey, "for better or worse".
    The two year sabbatical in London soon ran out and neither of us was ready to return so I threw the towel in with my work at the time and we stayed on. We ended up living in the UK for just shy of 10 years in the end. We moved out of London and found ourselves in the midlands. My jobs have always meant a lot of travelling and this one suddenly ended up with me flying to LAX a lot. In 2019 I spent a week flying between LHR and LAX and I'd had enough of travel, especially with a young family. So I told them to move me permanently or I was done.

W@nkers called me on it so in 2020 I found myself living here in the OC :Roflmao

14. Dirtrider....

Dirtrider.... Well-Known Member

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Please leave you mom’s maiden name and your PIN numbers in a separate post… it will be easier for the bots to glean your entire profile :alien:

15. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    herzalot, Faust29 and Danmtchl like this.
  16. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
  17. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    well the guvenator has made watering illegal so the grass is no longer green. But the trails are always empty so somethings stayed the same

18. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    :facepalm:

:Roflmao:Roflmao

Runs with Scissors and Danmtchl like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?