El dia de los Enduros

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Ricekrispyota, Sep 18, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg
    This will be an enduro-style fun ride with 4-5 stages. This year's ride will cover approximately 12 miles with approximately 2200 vertical feet of climbing and descending on some of the steepest and best trails along the coast of Southern Orange County!

When the riding is finished, we'll supply the tacos and drinks, with the help of our friends at California Creationz, while you work to convince everyone how hard you ripped and how much faster you were than your riding buddies!

https://www.ridefastracing.com/products/el-dia-de-los-enduros-donation

I know a lot of you guys live in the OC area and this is for a good cause. My friends daughter lives with RETT syndrome (though he is not involved in this event) it requires full time care. For those that don't know:

Rett syndrome is a rare genetic neurological disorder that occurs almost exclusively in girls and leads to severe impairments, affecting nearly every aspect of the child’s life: their ability to speak, walk, eat, and even breathe easily. The hallmark of Rett syndrome is near constant repetitive hand movements. Rett syndrome is usually recognized in children between 6 to 18 months as they begin to miss developmental milestones or lose abilities they had gained. Rett syndrome is caused by mutations on the X chromosome on a gene called MECP2. There are more than 900 different mutations found on the MECP2 gene. Most of these mutations are found in eight different “hot spots.” Rett syndrome is not a degenerative disorder with individuals living to middle age or beyond. It is not inherited. Rett syndrome occurs worldwide in 1 of every 10,000 female births, and is even rarer in boys. Rett syndrome can present with a wide range of disability ranging from mild to severe. The course and severity of Rett syndrome is determined by the location, type and severity of the mutation and X-inactivation.

Symptoms May Include
    • Loss of speech
    • Loss of purposeful use of hands
    • Involuntary hand movements such as handwashing
    • Loss of mobility or gait disturbances
    • Loss of muscle tone
    • Seizures or Rett “episodes”
    • Scoliosis
    • Breathing issues
    • Sleep disturbances
    • Slowed rate of growth for head, feet and hands
    So if ya have some free time on your hands that day, ride and tacos for a good cause.

Thanks

2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Enduro...
    Southern Orange County...
    Rett Syndrome...
    Tacos and Beer...

Sounds like a very positive and important event. I have a buddy whose daughter has Rett. Thanks for posting this. I won't compete, but I may find a way to join in.

3. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Positivity bump. :)

DangerDirtyD, Luis and Ricekrispyota like this.
  4. Stubborn Approach

Stubborn Approach Member

Name:
    Tony
    Current Bike:
    2022 Pivot Firebird
    I am signed up for this, looks like a good time and cause. Recovery from crash @ FUSO should put me back on the bike just in time for this. :whistling:

5. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg
    Gonna put this back to the top. This year is gonna be a virtual race due to COVID. They will be doing an informal get together ride on November 14. The website explains how it will work. Price dropped to $35 and the money goes to RETT research.

https://www.ridefastracing.com/products/heather-t-shirt

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?