:-(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Faust29, Jul 22, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I’ve come out of the Arroyo where the white truck is parked probably 100 times... :cry:

https://patch.com/california/rancho...email&utm_term=police-fire&utm_campaign=alert

LADERA RANCH, CA — A work truck collided with a bicyclist, Monday, bringing traffic to a halt Monday afternoon. Oso Parkway westbound was shut down at Antonio Parkway, during the subsequent investigation, according to officials.

"A male bicyclist, approximately 30-years-old, was killed in the crash," Orange County Fire Authority Capt. John Muir told Patch.

Emergency responders were called shortly before 2 p.m., with Orange County Sheriff's Department first to arrive. They found the bicyclist was dead upon their arrival, Muir said.

Subscribe
    The bicyclist was not wearing a helmet at the time of the collision, according to Muir.

"It is imperative always to remember, adult or child, male or female, all bicycle riders should wear a helmet at all times," he said.

California Highway Patrol is investigating the incident.

The road closures are as follows:

• SB Antonio to Westbound Oso Parkway
    • NB Antonio to Westbound Oso Parkway

This is a developing report. Please refresh for the latest information.

2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    RIP rider, peace to his family and friends.

3. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    I'm glad they could get in the helmet comment.

4. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    An awesome lack of context in the "story", as usual. The helmet comment was gratuitous, but expected.

5. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
  6. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Horrible. So sad for friends, family and loved ones, and probably torturous for the driver as well. May they all find peace somehow.

7. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    Terrible news that keeps me off the road. Be an interesting, but gruesome project for someone to examine fatal bike-vehicle crashes and determine how many individuals ,not wearing helmets, would have survived with one. I think most of us have an idea of the results.

8. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Several paint circles in the bike lane where the investigators marked the truck’s tire tracks. :(

I rode the sidewalk back towards Antonio. Not 100 yards from this spot, I watched a large truck drift into the bike lane, and stay there... when it passed me, the driver never saw my gestures, because his head was buried in his phone. F@ck.

And a short while later, I rode past the ghost bike near the catholic high school... This is getting way too common. Good luck to those of you who put in the road miles.

A04FF184-4B69-418C-8844-8BFA9EB70282.jpeg

fos'l, Danimal, herzalot and 6 others like this.
  9. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    I almost didn’t click on this (head in the sand)
    Sadly with texting etc, I think these reports are only going to get worse :(

fos'l, Danimal and Cyclotourist like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?