Yet another collar bone

Discussion in 'Crash Confessions' started by Poofighter, Jul 22, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Poofighter

Poofighter Member

Name:
    Noel
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Shortboy
    Yes like the title says another broken collar bone. I haven't been online lately due being busy at work, and also being jealous of rides that I can't do for a couple of months. It happened about a month ago on the Luge, not due to difficulty, but trying to chase down a friend that's faster than me. I was carrying too much speed into a turn, got a foot or two off the trail and the handlebars got caught up in some mustard and turned the handlebars 90* to the right and that's all she wrote. I don't remember too much after that, so luckily I was riding with friends that day and they helped walk my bike back to Live Oak Canyon Rd. A big thank you to them and also to an unknown rider that gave up an ace bandage that was converted to a sling.

First pic is from the ER the day of, and the second pic is 3 weeks later with broken piece considerable closer to being reattached to the other end. The human body is an amazing thing, being able to heal itself like it does.

Keep the rubber side down.

collar bone ER.JPG

collar bone 3 weeks later.JPG

stevers, Cornholio, Stkx66 and 15 others like this.
  2. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    Bummer on the collar bone break. Heal up soon.

3. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
  4. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    :eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo........

I have always wracked my brain on how we can come up with something simple to protects those fragile bad boys. Seems to be the most common break.

Well you are already healing up, so continued healing vibes Noel. :thumbsup: Be back at it in no time.

5. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    not Like...

Sorry to hear about this. Sounds like you were pushing yourself, and that's a good thing. Mistakes and injuries happen when you do that, as we all know. As far as The Luge is concerned, much better to go into the weeds than over the edge!

Healing vibes to you, and get back to the chase when you can!

PS - much better than obtaining an injury falling over in the parking lot or on a flat piece of trail, right?

6. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Ouch... I’m glad you’re on the mend already. :thumbsup:

7. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    Ouch. Looks like an unusual break. Glad it is healing up.

8. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Looks nasty. Hope you heal up well!

9. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Well, there goes your modeling career... :(:p Those are quick healers; you'll be back to 300-lb bench presses before you know it. If you're gonna break a bone over peer pressure, the clavicle is the one to choose, so good work there! :cool: Speedy and full recovery to ya. :)

10. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    @Mikie , as I have said before they should rename it the "Mountain Biking Bone".
    Let's start a petition and send it to the American Medical Association to get that name change going. :p

11. Chicane32

Chicane32 Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4
    Damn that sucks! I hope your bike is okay. Good to hear you had a riding buddy, because driving yourself to the ER with pain at 13 really sucks.

12. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Gnarly x-ray! Sorry to read about the break, Heal up fast!

I see what you did there Hrz....yeah, I fell over yesterday while stopped on a fire road chatting with Chris :facepalm:, nice bruise on the arm. I'm blaming the clip-in pedals, yeah that's it....

13. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Good news: It will be even stronger after it's fully healed!!! Continue to heal up!

14. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Oh bummer! Hope your finding other ways to get out into the mtns! Heal up fast!

Poofighter, mtnbikej and MolarM like this.
  15. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Sux, hope you heal up quick.

Broke mine when I was 13 years old or so playing ice hockey. I was a late bloomer and got crushed into the boards behind the goal by one of those kids who grows beards in the 6th grade.

16. MolarM

MolarM Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010
    Sorry to hear about the break, get better soon. Amazing how the body heals itself after a break like that.

But a funny story about crashing in a parking lot- a couple of buddies and I flew up to San Francisco with our bikes years ago to ride back down on the “1”. Bike boxes went to a freight dock at the airport for pickup. After we picked them up and reattached wheels, handlebars, etc., I was riding around in parking lot looking down at my wheels, making sure they were true. Looked up just in time to see one of those cement parking blocks right in front of me. Nothing I could do, went over the bars, and body slammed the asphalt. Luckily no injury, but what a way to start a 500 mile ride. Funnier now than it was then

17. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Airbag

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?