I DIDN'T Ride My Bike Today, Cuzz....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Voodoo Tom, Sep 6, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    You know.... You're less than a 2 hour drive from kingdom trails in Vermont as well....

mike, herzalot, Cyclotourist and 4 others like this.
  2. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    My 2 year-old nugget engaged in her first dodge ball game yesterday with 5-yr Finn, 6-yr Hudson, 8-yr Aubrey, and 37-yr Daddo. Aubrey got hit in the face and pouted but only for a little bit before getting back into the game and smashing the boys. Hudson is an all-around competitor, but poor Finn was a bit of a winey sissy lala much of the game; credit to him, though, for keeping his emotions somewhat in check long enough to play through, albeit with a couple of foot stomps and “hhmmmppphhhhh”s, and hang around until everyone went home. A local grandma got pegged in the head because she walked through the pitch and didn’t keep her eye on the ball, but that’s the price you pay to play with the big kids. Today I’m a little sore from the competition (funny how most games with 5-6yr old boys turn into wrestling matches), but i’ll take my workouts where/when I can get them. Eleni and I rushed home to tell wifey of our epic fun, and she was none too pleased for subjecting our toddler to dodge ball. Poor mommas, a product of a sheltered housewife. To that I say “no Finns in this house!” I can’t wait until the frisbees come out and eventually some epic street hockey!

3. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Eleni is gonna be one tough cookie if she keep’s hanging out with her daddy!:thumbsup: #takeitlikeagirl

Faust29, mike, mtnbikej and 1 other person like this.
  4. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Seven hrs in the truck yesterday, so we cut loose once we got to the property! I love Nor Cal:inlove:

C18D145F-B56C-445E-935A-9117EDF55191.png

A778A588-5379-4619-B7A7-639D8A41846C.jpeg

5. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    Thanks Sara! Indeed #prouddaddo! She got caught in a rose bush trying to play hide-and-seek with me yesterday and started crying saying “owie owie I’m stuck!” The cutest thing EVAH! The next time it was her turn to hide, she was back at that area but managed to get past the rose bush to her intended hiding spot.

I didn’t ride my bike, but I did order a pretty red springy thing for The Smash so that I can play with it properly. It’s on back-order from RockShox until Aug. 9. My Slash has a broken spoke and my wife’s Rumblefish is getting a new hub (apparently the RaceFace Vault hubs circa 2017 are Sh!t). That leaves the MIGHTY GIANT still rolling and still not for sale.

6. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    From the depths of the Cuzz thread...a new coil shock, yar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, ahem, and very cute story. :oops::geek:

7. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Cuzz I'm vacationing with my wife's family. They do vacations weird. Everyone is very spread out geographically, and all have very different interests. Instead of letting each segment of the family take turns picking a place they really want to go, they just always pick a place that no one really wants to go but theoretically serves the purposes of a family vacation well (things like cruises, or other very peopley type places that are like a cruise, but without the boat). They are also busy bodies, so they stuff the vacations to the gills with canned activities that, again, no one necessarily really wants to do. This week we are in Williamsburg, VA, visiting Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens, and Water Country USA. The silver linings, such as they are, were no lines at Busch Gardens due to extreme heat, so I got to ride some gnarly roller coasters for the first time in a couple of decades. I also developed an instant, and seemingly insatiable addiction to Dippin' Dots. The banana split dots are goddam amazing. Tomorrow we go to the mountains of NC for some much more chill time with my family.

IMG_5496.jpg

8. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Way to make the best of it. Jennifer and I will be doing one of those in Idaho in October. Best case we will be able to break away for a hike.

9. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I didn't ride my bike today or yesterday or... due to my east coast trip.

Last Saturday we experienced the Manhattan blackout, but had wisely chosen to walk instead of taking the subway - about ten minutes before the blackout. When we returned to base camp, we discovered that our hotel was one block outside of the failed power grids. Double-plus luck.

Yesterday we saw heat indexes approaching 110° as we walked about ten miles and climbed about 1000' (via elevator). UN, Empire State, Grand Central, Public Library, Ground Zero and the Met. Our final subway ride from the World Trade Center to the Met was the first time we experienced a packed train with failed AC. All of our other train rides (and there were many) were surprisingly comfortable - even enjoyable.

Top it off with getting caught out in a fierce thunderstorm without rain gear at about 8pm last night. Welp, that took care of the heat - flash flood warning and all! Don't worry - we saved the Magnolia St. Bakery banana pudding from the ravages of the rain!

Home now - so time to start pedaling bikes and/or paddling surfboards. Thanks for keeping me up to date on the latest can-opener debates while I was traveling! :thumbsup:

PS: I expected NYC to be rude and dangerous. We experienced neither - and we traveled all over by subway well into the night, including Brooklyn. I stepped over more homeless people sleeping/peeing in the streets in downtown San Diego than we did in all of Manhattan.

rossage, MolarM, mike and 8 others like this.
  10. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Welcome home! We had similar positive experiences in Boston... everyone was incredibly helpful and kind to obvious tourists. Not a single negative human interaction from those hardened and embittered city dwellers!

Faust29, mike, mtnbikej and 3 others like this.
  11. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    Yesterday sounds loaded! What were you able to see at the MET? I spent an entire day there and still missed out on some of the exhibits. I recall being sore from all the urban hiking.

Faust29, mike, mtnbikej and 4 others like this.
  12. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    The Met was an afterthought. We left Ground Zero around 3:30 on aforementioned uptown crowded hot train. Met closes at 5:30. Got off at 87th and went the wrong direction - first navigation error of the trip. :( "Wait, why are we approaching 1st Ave instead of 5th? :facepalm:" So four blocks the wrong direction and back in sweltering heat - then the proper four blocks from Lexington to 5th. Arrived at the Met at 4:30 PM. My daughter wanted to see the Egyptian and Greek exhibits due to the latest books she was reading, We did the Egyptian just fine, but on the way to the Greeks, we got sidetracked by a Rock and Roll exhibit. We are truly horrible parents.... Caught some glimpses of Greek/Roman stuff as we were being shooed out of the place. Daughter loved it.

Yes, we needed about 4 hours there to see the highlights. Oh well, better some than none.

So cool:
    EVH Frankenstein.JPG
    Frankenstein EVH at Met.JPG

rossage, Faust29, Grego and 7 others like this.
  13. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    You're gonna be in Idaho sans bike???? That's a crime of some sort, I think. o_O

14. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Had to work this morning then have grandparents coming by to see the kids then I’m on kid duty while my wife goes to a girl gathering this afternoon.

Maybe tomorrow before the kids birthday party we have to go to. :gotnothing:

15. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Annual checkup for the flying circus twins. They breezed it, though suffered the indignity of a thermometer in the ass. :D:sneaky::inlove:

1F46D483-7D64-4929-AD32-FA0C17F80FCE.jpeg

rossage, Fueledbyex8, Faust29 and 7 others like this.
  16. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    But not a bad place to relax nonetheless

IMG_20190720_193100-01.jpeg

CBone, rossage, Fueledbyex8 and 11 others like this.
  17. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Worked on clearing more of my hillside this AM. Have a bumper harvest of Better Boy tomatoes, jalapenos and serranos in the upper garden so I fire roasted up a mega-batch of salsa and am making tostadas and drinking a fine Cadillac as I sit and relax. I like Saturdays because it is usually my day off the bike. Weird. Just threw on some Mavericks on the sound system, getting up for seeing them in Louisville in 2 months.

Fueledbyex8, Faust29, Mikie and 10 others like this.
  18. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Looks amazing.

We have a washing machine drum fire pit, they are awesome. My father in law welds collapsible legs on them so they take up less space during transport. My friend’s dad also uses them up at his place in the sierras, Vermillion Valley Resort.

1A523F28-0FD0-4481-9F8B-D4D728ABBA03.jpeg

Fueledbyex8, Faust29, Mikie and 10 others like this.
  19. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    And now vacation has begun. I do miss the Dippin’ Dots though.

AD834723-8E83-4C1C-93A1-B37DAD207A33.jpeg

5A690998-1FD5-4D01-9B73-90CF5594AA0C.jpeg

20. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Nice bass! :thumbsup:

Faust29, Mikie, mike and 4 others like this.
  21. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Perv

Faust29, Mikie, mike and 4 others like this.
  22. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Moving back home... we've been gone four weeks, which is a record for us!

One last bit of Orange County:
    20190721_121632-1.jpg

And then unpacking (using the thing as intended!):

20190721_143316-1.jpg

23. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    I hope you enjoyed your stay in SC/OC. Y'all come back now, y'hear!

rossage, Fueledbyex8, Faust29 and 6 others like this.
  24. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    See ya' next July!

Faust29, Mikie, mtnbikej and 4 others like this.
  25. Old&InTheWay

Old&InTheWay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2017 Intense Primer Pro
    Is that You all
    Ya all
    or Ye all ?

Come all ye rolling minstrels
    And together we will try
    To rouse the spirit of the earth
    And move the rolling sky.....

rossage, Fueledbyex8, Faust29 and 5 others like this.
  26. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    tenor.gif

27. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Nice fishy!

Is that Looking Glass/Whitesides? Stone Mountain? Not many slabby big walls back east, so I thought I might sound well traveled or something... :gotnothing: Gorgeous area, wherever!

28. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    I actually thought of you when I posted that. It is nothing if not gorgeous, for sure. It’s a place called Lonesome Valley in NC. That face is Cow Rock. As I understand it, it’s the largest box canyon east of the Mississippi. It gets climbed, but infrequently as it’s part of 800 acres of private property.

29. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    ...because we went to the Aquarium of the Pacific...

IMG_0204.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0221.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

IMG_0257.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

30. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Cause I did this, and I could do it all day everyday. First fish where she made the cast, set the hook, and landed the fish.

6489DF5C-D56D-49DF-B2C1-1A61BDE4E041.jpeg

CBone, Faust29, Cornholio and 8 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?