I DIDN'T Ride My Bike Today, Cuzz....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Voodoo Tom, Sep 6, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Lol, that’s the best! I used to ALWAYS take my three kids to the beach and the drive home (they were all zonked out)was sublime!

mtnbikej, mike, herzalot and 3 others like this.
  2. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Fast purposeful carves on perfect wide open groomers at June yesterday, and some surprise early bird powder turns at Mammoth today. Got in 3 good clean runs before retreating to the groomers to let the late comers with powder panic have what was left. More fast carves and fun boosting off bountiful side hits. Solo riding with tunes cranked. Good for the soul.

806D62B8-397E-461F-B94B-BF740729B28E.jpeg

Voodoo Tom, mtnbikej, mike and 9 others like this.
  3. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    ...because it's pouring here right now, even hailing! :eek:

4. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Just beautiful! #mountainscalling #soulfood :thumbsup:

5. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    JEALOUS!!!!

mtnbikej and mike like this.
  6. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Funny, I saw your pic and felt the same. It was awesome, and I needed it, but I would have loved some runs with my kid too. We’re going up for family fun in two weeks though.

7. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    Busy hanging out with my buds...

dophins.jpg

8. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Mud – was not into biking in it today.

567F83F8-9A17-441C-879A-858DF959E101.jpeg

Green Mountain out there. Shows how the windy storm left super uneven snow coverage.

9. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Ummm, that's not green. :D We got yer green right here in SoCal! :thumbsup:

10. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    I haven't been for a proper ride since January. Few weeks my window was impacted by the weather (I don't have the right gear for the wet), or Dad duty while my wife worked on grad school stuff, one weekend was a perfect day but we had family visiting, but mostly because I have had a miserable sinus condition since my last post in this thread on Jan 29. Thought maybe allergies, short cold, but still kept getting progressively worse. Would get 5 day break then it would come back with a vengeance. Last week it hit the peak, and put me almost completely out of commission, the things flushed out of my head with my neti rinse were unspeakable... ended up missing a few days of work.....

Sunday finally caved, went to the clinic. I think it was clearing up a little, but got a few meds to make sure it stays that way this time. Hopefully by the weekend I'm good to go.

Actually , maybe I'll try to sneak in a post work clamshell ride now that dst is here......

11. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Cuzz, took the fight straight to gravity...

IMG_1949.jpg

Still found mud among the bliss...

IMG_1951.jpg

Eventually lost the fight, but that's the fun of it. :)

@Derkderkall, hoping you're out of the weeds!

12. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    ... because I was out wrangling bass with one of my life long friends who lives out here in AZ.

7203E689-51B2-42DC-B86D-56798C20A395.jpeg

MolarM, pperrelle, Grego and 7 others like this.
  13. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Cuzz...

My bikes are in parts. I could cobble one together, but fuggit, I'm waiting for everything to show up now.

Honestly, I've enjoyed being somewhat off my bikes. I had one of my best cycling years ever in '18, and this year is setting up to rival it. My soft tissues are milking the rest and fearing what's coming with the snowmelt...

Off for a walk out the ridge with the weasel. :)

14. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    I feel so welcome...

IMG_1971.jpg

But! A fruitful recon for more bouts with gravity...

IMG_1976.jpg

Somebody left their belay device, a pristine Singing Rock Buddy:

K6132EE copy.jpg

I grabbed it but will bring it back there and leave it. We don't use found gear for anything life support-ish. Many climbers would think nothing of it.

15. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Yard sale day! 15 years of accumulation... $300 profit, and our SUV packed full to Goodwill cleared us out!

16. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I haven't ridden all week. I plan to remedy that tomorrow.'

17. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at   2.48 PM copy.jpg

The weez crushing some vertical stone over on Wrigley's.

The day was all hers – she got no falls on the pictured route, but also pieced together the blank wall to the left on some hellish sidepulls and smears. I could not duplicate what she did, we agreed that the holds were configured for a small person. But there is no denying that my babe is a badass puller, and I got chicked like a man. :inlove: Check out the weaz branding on the shoes :D (So we can tell hers and mine apart.)

I did finish that crack I scrambled halfway up yesterday. I was glad to have gear for it, and happy that the wheze didn't easily second it. After two hours of trading burns we were done, just as showers threatened. We left the belay device there. :geek:

18. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    More snow play with the family this weekend. June on Saturday, and little bit of Mammoth this morning. The rugrat had a bit of a breakthrough on the snowboard, but then a good spill at the end of the day yesterday that shook her up a bit. Got her back out today, but she was noticeably more timid. I let it be a short day, and will get her back out in a couple weeks with hopefully a clean slate.

19. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    I might just be making up excuses at this point... gotta get back in the saddle soon though.

Anyway... Late Saturday afternoon I had a kitchen mishap... MIL thought it would be a good idea to store a wooden cutting board in the broiler drawer of the oven (because we do store some METAL trays in there, which we shouldn't.... but anyway. I was getting a snack and preheating the oven while finishing up a workout in the other room... smelled something funny, came in to find flames coming out of the bottom of the oven. Cut the gas, still burning. Grabbed the extinguisher and gave it a blast. I think I took in a bit too much of the sodium bicarbonate. Later found the half burnt board in the bottom and let out a lengthy string of expletives.....

So Sunday, still a little short of breath and light headed, not sure if it was the dose from the smoke and extinguisher or the side effects of the antibiotics I've been on... oh well, went to brunch for my wife's cousins birthday and drank mimosas instead of riding...

20. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Glad it didn't turn out worse than this... could have gone sideways quickly!

21. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    It was time to get started on a chore I've been putting off for awhile (since the weather got cool anyway), replacing the leaking heater core in my old Bronco. Had to pull the entire heater box out to get access to the core, and then cleaned out 20+ years worth of mouse feces, urine and nest material. As expected, it wasn't a pleasant job. Mostly cleaned up and ready for a light coat of primer/paint tomorrow, then reinstall. I'm sure by the time I get done the weather will be warm enough that I won't need the heater. Will soon be time to pull the top off.
    20190325_171355.jpg

The large part of the heater box is made of a plastic/composite material, one of the few things on this vehicle that's not metal. If it was metal it would have rusted away a long time ago (fresh air intake is susceptible to rain ingress, as well as mice.

22. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Kid to dentist for consult on getting wisdom teeth pulled. Then another kid having really bad allergies and needing to come home from school. Then wisdom-kid back to school. Caught a flick at the local on $5 Tuesday, so that was ok! Big dinner, and here I am!

23. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Actually, I haven't ridden since Sunday.

After being out all day in the sun on Saturday's Death March...I may have become a bit dehydrated. I thought I was doing a good job of rehydrating. So I rode with Suz on Sunday afternoon. I wasn't feeling so great before the ride, but went anyway thinking I'd feel better once moving.

Turns out I had a stomach bug that clamped down and bit me Sunday night. Puking my guts out all night.....couldn't keep anything down. Well, that led to even more dehydration on Monday. Felt ok Tuesday morning....then about 5:30 that afternoon, things went from 0 to 100 in minutes. The unmistakable pain of a kidney stone. Within mins I was dropped to my knees. A trip to the ER 2 hours later as it was only getting worse....worse than the last time this happened. They confirmed what I thought. A very rough night once we got home. Think it might have passed early this afternoon. Spent a majority of the day sleeping.

What a week so far.

24. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    No like! WTF, Jason, sorry to you had to deal with that. Sounds like you been there and recovery is afoot. It’s okay to take a rest day, hard man... Here’s to no more repeats of that!

25. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Not like like. Glad it passed. Here's to a speedy and full recovery.

Any idea what leads to development of the stones? Don't tell me Tailwinds....

26. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Get healthy!!! Take your time and do it right.

27. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Hope everything gets better from here. And here's to no repeats. :thumbsup:

28. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Dehydration

Faust29, -ROCKY-, Voodoo Tom and 5 others like this.
  29. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Yowza that’s not fun, sorry you had to go thru that:thumbsdown:. Many years back I rushed a buddy of mine to the ER for the same thing. Watched him bend the metal rails on the hospital bed he was in so much pain. Hope you’re feeling better and able to saddle up soon. Don’t rush it.

30. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Hope this is the last of it for you!! Drink more water plz!:thumbsup:

Faust29, herzalot, -ROCKY- and 4 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?