Want to see new single track in La Verne?

Discussion in 'Trail Advocacy' started by Derkderkall, Jan 8, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
  2. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    I’ll be there. Foothill residents do not want the traffic (either vehicle or bicycle or pedestrian) and I don’t blame them. A singletrack trail to/from Sunset Ridge is quite a long shot, but I hope it happens; afterall, I don’t live up against that open space, so it would not affect me adversely.

3. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Forest service claims access into and out of the experimental forest via the Sunset Ridge Truck Trail is illegal. Therefore the likelihood of a new singletrack from the foothills north to the Sunset Ridge Truck Trail is unlikely. That was never in the plans and would require another Environmental Impact Report and quarter million dollars to determine if it would be detrimental to the environment, including traffic. Adjacent residents don’t want more people in their neighborhood. Regional residents want more access to open space, and the Planning Commission has a split vote 2:2 for recommendation to the City Council, which is the governing body to decide only if the original plan (which involves a 1-mile pedestrian loop at the base of the open space) will be implemented. A Singletrack trail connecting Sunset Ridge Truck Trail to the foothills is not even on the radar.

BTW, some local pro MTBers along with local High school MTBteams donnig full kits up to the velo caps were present. Crazy Bear shuttle driver and Ebike connoisseur Paul spoke publicly in support of MTB, and the local MTB pros wouldn’t give me the time of day or night when I tried to engage them about riding the gnar gnar ridgelines south from Sunset Ridge. Damien MTBcoach Dominic was cool.

Carry on...

mtnbikej, MrGreedom, Danimal and 4 others like this.
  4. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    There are singletrack trails in the area. The "experimental forest" has been experimental since the 1930s....shouldn't they get around to sh**ting or getting off the pot?

5. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Don't be hasty...