New member, weird timing.

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by buggravy, Oct 24, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. RusPix

RusPix Member

Name:
    Russ
    Current Bike:
    Specialized Stumpjumper
    Welcome. I am in the same boat as you for the mountain biking. I used to go a little here and there on my old bike but since I got my bike 3 weeks ago I’m hooked! I rode motorcross a lot before so being on the mountain bike feels pretty comfortable...I really need to build my my endurance though. I see you ride snowboards, I still try to skate everyday so we share the love of riding boards!

Mikie, Redman, konakc and 6 others like this.
  2. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Not to get all sappy, but felt compelled to mention what a rad little corner of the internet this is. I've never met a single one of you, and being on IR I haven't had a single bit of bike stoke to post since joining, yet this place has been a very welcoming and friendly place to spend some time. Kudos.

3. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Chicken Nugget buggravy in the house! I think you just tickled @Mikie ’s tinkies a little!

4. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Roger that! Hey, @Mikie...ya feel it? :eek::cool:

Thanks, bugman, for allowing us to perpetuate the notion that we are totally bitchin. :geek::thumbsup:

5. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    Alot of motocross guys ..turn into mtbkers

6. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    You don't have to to ride a bike to join in. Just ask @doublewide. :laugh:

7. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Or me! I may or may not know how to actually ride a bike without training wheels. :Barefoot:

8. Maderas84

Maderas84 Member

Name:
    Andres
    Current Bike:
    Ibis, Pivot & Santa Cruz
  9. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Seriously though...bugs, I’ve ridden with a bunch of these guys. And I keep doing rides with them and other members where and when I can. I’m a soloist by nature and a discerning partner selector. These guys are skilled, knowledgeable, and most importantly, are good people on and off the trail. That’s what keeps me here.

That’s what you get from a small regional enthusiast pool. I selfishly hope the site doesn’t get too big, I’ve seen that hurt forum sites. I’m not driving, tho...

10. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    We'll see about THAT!

(Just kidding) Where in the southland do you live? Let us know what kind of biking you like to do and when you get back in the saddle I'm sure there will be someone who will help catch you up... If you're really, REALLY slow and out of shape - particularly if you are in rehab from a bad injury - I might be looking for a bike partner!

11. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Yup!
    Tinkies tickled! Mission accomplished!

@mike I think every forum owner wants his forum to grow, what forum owner would not? However, I wouldn’t want to grow at the cost or the expense of losing the core vision or values that I’ve been working so hard to sew within it. I think that means a lot of people are going to come and go but that’s OK!

The dynamics of this site is pretty amazing, it’s not because its an extension of me, it’s an extension of all of you that want the same thing and that’s really what matters!

This site is about family and oh by the way... We are Mountain Bikers!

12. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    I'm your Huckleberry. I'm in pretty solid shape, but I don't let that stop me from being slow. Got the rehab part on lock too.

13. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Shut the hell up! What do you know?!! :mad:

J/K - glad you feel welcome here and I hope it's helping your rehab. :thumbsup: :)

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?