Winter shoes

Discussion in 'Shoes' started by rossage, Nov 5, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Riding and talking to @Cisco Roots and of course the subject turned to... Shoes!
    He says his Shimano MW-7s are indispensable up in the drenched PNW. I have to agree, and have been using the older version, the MW-81, for years during our brief wet periods
    If you ride year round, and don't like cold, wet feet, check the MW-7s out. Or something similar. They go a long way towards making a tough day a little more bearable.

Just washed mine...
    IMG_20181105_085912.jpg

Now how do you dry out a Gore-Tex bootie...?

IMG_20181105_085918.jpg

Think she'll notice?

2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    I agree.....finally broke down and bought a pair of the MW81’s a few years back.

Warm feet are happy feet.

However, I have had a few issues with mine.

1. They are HEAVY. I won’t use them on death marches.

2. They are waterproof. But if you do get water in them, the water stays in them. The water ran down my leg, soaked my socks then migrated into the shoes. Sloshing around in them wasn’t fun...but my feet stayed warm.

3. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    That's why you need the pads! Ha!

During active rain rides I pair them with water resistant pants, but then you get wet from the inside... Warmth is the key for most of my rides.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?