Added New Forum Features to the Trailhead Forum

Discussion in 'Forum Related' started by Mikie, Sep 22, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Okay...
    A while ago I ran a survey on what people thought of imtbtrails, and what can be improved. In regards to functionality, my goal is to always make this place easy to navigate, as well as make "subjects" available and easy to find. That's why I set up so many sub forums for bike gear and accessories as the goal was to make it easy to find that tire you heard good things about without trying to search to whole archive of imtbtrails...

So...
    One of the things that a lot of people brought up both online and in PM's was a more searchable Trailhead forum for rides they were seeking. I had an extensive conversation with a very prominent imtb'er who stated when he logs on to imtbtrails, he goes straight to the Trailhead Forum to see what rides are posted. He also stated (like many) that he is not always looking for a 30 mile ride. Sometimes, a 10 miler is all he is looking for.

In effort to get more riders to post up their rides regardless of mileage, I have added 4 categories in Trailhead:
    • Rides Under 10 Miles
    • Rides Under 20 Miles
    • Rides Under 30 Miles
    • Rides That Are 30 Plus Miles
    The goal is to get folks to post up their rides. Sometimes an imtb'er only has time for a quick ride or those are the types of rides they are looking for. So work with me on this people, and see it this works out. Better to try something then to do the same thing over and over and expect different results.

So folks that watch imtbtrails that do not normally post or are not signed up as a member? Please know I'm trying to build a site you can use! :thumbsup:

So this is real easy.
    On the Home page, there is a drop down next to Trailhead with all the options I just shared. Click on the one you want and post away, or, view away.
    upload_2018-9-22_16-23-47.png

Inside Trailhead at the top of the page are the 4 options. Pick and Post, or view for the ride you are looking for.
    upload_2018-9-22_16-37-9.png

I REALLY hope this helps folks find good rides and makes it easy to post a ride you are doing regardless of the size of the ride, all rides are great mountain bike rides! Post away!

Note: Some have mentioned as well that Ride Regions would be nice. I'm not sure how I would break that down, by County? Just a thought and looking for input.

Thanks all!
    Mikie

As always... do not hesitate to contact me

2. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    What about an “under 10 miles but feels like much more”....and how do post rides like Gooseberry Mesa? Actual mileage or perceived by your body mileage since they are nowhere close to each other? :rolleyes:

3. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    :sneaky: Don’t get technical with me mister, just stick to the program! :sneaky::thumbsup:

4. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Maybe there ought to be a "by the foot" distance sub-forum page for the super-tech rides? :rolleyes:

5. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    Oh I really hope they each have individualized forms :laugh:

6. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I’m sure @rossage requested a form for each day of the week, subdivided by region, tire size and fork travel. :whistling:

In all seriousness... Let’s see what happens! :thumbsup:

7. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Nope! No forms...:thumbsdown:

8. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Thanks for thinking of the little people. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness....I hope it works.

However, like it was said in the survey and through our conversations.......the users need to stop waiting for someone else to do the work/post a ride. If someone comes in only looking for rides.....why are they not posting their own rides? Community takes effort....from all the members.

9. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    True and I am guilty of this. It is laziness and the unwillingness to be "the leader" for anything else in my life that I am not already leading, even something as simple as this. I just wanna ride my bike...

10. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Hmmmm... I can't believe our Grammar Accuracy Police haven't jumped on one little niggle. Technically, the way it's worded, I can post a 5 mile ride in the "Rides Under 30 Miles" section. 5 is under 30 after all...

11. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    But yet... you KNOW the correct answer. Some things in this world are implied...
    I thought it silly to create a forum called:
    “Rides under 30 miles but over 20 due to Faust will work the loophole Otherwise.” Forum.:rolleyes:

12. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    That's not grammar, it's math!

13. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Then we need the grammath police!

mtnbikej, Faust29, Mikie and 4 others like this.
  14. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    10ish, 20ish, 30ish, and “Only the Insane Need Apply”

Word Problems. :D

15. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    This is how my brain interpreted the typical word problem:

Train A leaves the station at 9:14 a.m. heading east at 12 mph.

Car B leaves IHOP at 10:42 p.m. heading north at 43 kph.

What color is Sally's hair?

16. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    What color is the bear?

Mikie likes this.
  17. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Good Mikie! Cmon people keep it simple, don't over think it sheesh:bang::bang::laugh:

Mikie likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?