Looking for 29 wheels..

Discussion in 'Pay It Forward' started by Derkderkall, Aug 15, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    If anyone has an old set around and looking to clear up space. Quick release with disc.

Short story. I'm looking for an extra set to throw some low profile/street tires on for riding bike path, with wife and kid.... Maybe to use on a trainer now that I have space / garage.

Mikie and Danmtchl like this.
  2. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Mikie, Danmtchl and Derkderkall like this.
  3. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    @Derkderkall - what timing...

This is an older set of 29ers (2015 Giant PXC2), came stock on my XTC back in 2015. Front is 15x100 thru axle, rear is 5x135 QR. They're yours free if you want them. Both are in good shape, but well used.

EDIT: And if you don't want them, the same offer goes to anyone else on the forum. I don't plan to hang onto them for very long...
    20180824_122506.jpg

4. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Nice deal, Mr. Scissors... You get some good karma points for that one. :thumbsup:

I have a 29er rear wheel that could go to a good home, but it's SS only. Flow Ex with a Surly SS hub... Fun bolts, which work with QR 135 dropouts. It's indestructible. Cannell Plunge? No problem...

Mikie, Cyclotourist, Danmtchl and 2 others like this.
  5. Derkderkall

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    My bike is a 2012, low spec entry level build, so I don't think they would work. The product description just says qr front and back, I'm guessing it's 9mm 10 mm

Not sure if I can use them?

6. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Danmtchl, Derkderkall, mike and 2 others like this.
  7. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I dont know, depends on your fork being 15x100. There are end cap adapters galore, though. Let me know if you want them...you'll have to meet me for an MTT romp though. :whistling:

Danmtchl, Derkderkall and mike like this.
  8. Derkderkall

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    Those might be my best bet. Not looking to set up tubeless, just tubes and something like the kenda kwik nines,
    Just for hitting up the paved bike paths like san gabriel river bikeway with the wife, and baby carrier.

Runs with Scissors and Danmtchl like this.
  9. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    These wheels have some experience on both the San Gab. and Upper Rio Hondo bike trails. They are just used to turning south to head back to the barn. :thumbsup: They are in pretty good condition and have the q.r. skewers you want along w/6 bolt rotor mounts.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?