The Search for The Perfect Knee Pad

Discussion in 'Armor' started by Ebruner, Jun 29, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. SoCal_Rider

SoCal_Rider Member

Name:
    Ryan
    I hope I didn't post these already. I highly recommend the Race Face Ambush knee pads.

(Copy - paste cause I'm too lazy right now)
    Description
    The Race Face Ambush Knee Guard has a open-back construction which means no awkward shoe removal on the trail. Features D30 high performance shock absorbing foam.

https://www.raceface.com/products/details/ambush-knee-guards

I've been wearing these knee pads now 2-3 times a week for the last 3-4 years. I really like not having to take off my shoes to put them on and they're protective and comfortable. My typical ride is 2-3 hrs. On longer rides with a lot of pedaling they'll give me a little rug burn. Not enough of a problem to cause me to remove them for uphills.

I'll wear them all summer on rides even in the 90s. I wouldn't say they're cool or vented, but they don't bother me.

IMG_7349.JPG

2. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    These are by far the most comfortable pads I have worn. I initially purchased them for the Palm Canyon Epic. I wanted something I could wear for the duration of the ride, climbs included. They fit a little snug but once adjusted I completely forgot they were there. Even climbing the dreaded wash they were never a bother.

herzalot, Mikie, bvader and 2 others like this.
  3. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Thanks Ed, good to know because these are what I have now! I’ll test them on Pinos or GE manana!

Mikie and UPSed like this.
  4. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    I fully endorse this message.

I’ve been wearing these for awhile now. I forget there even on. Tested them yesterday, stayed in place!:thumbsup::cool:

5. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Awesomeness, thank you!

Mikie likes this.
  6. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    Ive been using my skin.. it hasnt worked very well..

I bought some 661..they sucked.. hot heavy..slid down...

Thx for thread.. i will try recomendations 7idp

Mikie and mountaingirl sara like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?