Acton Trail Ride/Work Day 3/8

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by Maddog, Mar 4, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    Me, hill^billy and a couple others are heading up the AT for some great ridin' and some more dirt diggin' to make even more trail on Sunday! It's a serious ride no matter where you start from since we've extended the trail to a little over 4 miles south of the mine road! I'm starting (parking) at the mine road just a little west of where the trail crosses at about 8:30. I'm bringing my McCleod so we'll have 3 and my loppers too. That's a little over 8 miles round trip from the mine road.

H^B is parking at Aliso Cyn rd. and rolling out around 9:30. It's about a 13 mile ride from there. After riding up, working the trail for a couple hours and riding back, that's a pretty full day! Rumor has it that pizza and beer may be acquired at a local establishment after the work so bring some clean clothes!

So if you want to help push this splendid trail closer to the top, come on up on Sunday! Bring loppers or whatever diggin' tools you can strap on your pack or bike and we'll rotate the work. Come on up even without any tools just to have some fresh bodies to grab a McCleod!

Mikie likes this.
  2. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Maddog somehow beating me to the coveted first tracks.

image.jpg

Mikie likes this.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Maddog is one Baddazz Dawg!
    I hope it went well on the continuing saga of building the AT to the top.
    I tried to ride my road bike on Saturday and got in about 26 miles to see if the heel could handle it. It was sore when done but it is feeling MUCH better today (why, I can not understand why).
    None the less, riding to do trailwork was out for me. I hope to catch the next one.

Is there pics? We need Pics! Pretty excited about this moving further up the hill.
    Looking forward to where it ends up!
    Thank you Guys!!!
    Mikie

4. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Name:
    Craig
    Current Bike:
    '14 Turner Burner
    Total non-sequitur, but every time I see "Acton Trail" my mind tricks me into thinking it is "Action Trail" and that sounds much more epic.

Today I took a ride on ACTION TRAIL! Ta-Da! hehe

Mikie likes this.
  5. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

"Why, I can't understand why?" Because the human body is made to MOVE! You rested it enough and now it's time to keep it from freezing up. Wife has been sick for five days and went to work today still feeling sick, she rested and is now moving around at work, around noon she informed me she was feeling better, same kind of thing. Just listen to what you achilles is telling you and come back easy or there will be no Koko for you. :cool:

Mikie likes this.
  6. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

The opposite, not much action! Only get's it once in awhile :cool: When she does give it to you, you don't forget her!

Mikie likes this.
  7. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Way to lead by example, Maddog and you other trail hands. Racking up them karma points, y'are. Big props! :cool:

Mikie likes this.
  8. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    "Somehow?" I just got tired of waiting for you to get your ridin' shoes on! :roll: Besides, Paul, Mike and John got first tracks on most of that anyway! Great workin' on the trail with you again!

Mikie likes this.
  9. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

I see no tracks! Because there weren't any! Because we just worked on it and it was fresh! Sheesh, and to think we work together! Great working with you too! :D

Mikie likes this.
  10. BIKEMONSTER

BIKEMONSTER Member

Name:
    BIKEMONSTER
    Current Bike:
    Vintage Stumpjumper

Here ya go Mikie...

It's that time of year again. :D
    16774334782_6a0091954d_b.jpg

You can see where the original trailbuilders lined these rocks up back in the late 50's /early 60's when the PTC Assoc built it.
    16775408715_ffcd18862d_b.jpg

Once the brush was cleared the old trail just appeared out of the landscape. The rocks lay right where we found them.
    16588015000_c3fd5f12f3_b.jpg
    16589258549_2299f2c029_b.jpg

As almost always, we had Oz all to ourselves for the day. Nice :!: :D
    16588010500_5084312350_b.jpg

Happy Trails!

Mikie likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?