Henry W Coe State Park - Gilroy California

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by Mikie, Oct 18, 2013.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

?

Who wants to go to Henry W Coe State Park and Ride some sweet, sweet Singletrack?

Poll closed Oct 28, 2013.
  1. Yes! Naturally! I am a real Mountain Biker

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Maybe. I have to see if I can get a Kitchen Pass...

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. No. I have no manhood, and could not possibly remove all the sand from my Vajayjay...

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Guys,
    Has anyone ridden at the Henry W Coe State Park located near Morgan Hill California?
    http://coepark.net/pineridgeassociation ... ain-biking

Within the over 81,000 acres of Henry W. Coe State Park are about 100 miles of roads and trails that are open to mountain bikes. The rugged terrain offers a variety of riding options ranging from moderately difficult to extremely difficult. There are practically no easy trails for bikes. One intermediate to advanced mountain biker, after a ride in Coe Park, commented, “The riding was the most physically demanding I have ever done!”

"This trails system came as a complete surprise to, a lovely surprise. I had never heard about Henry Coe State Park, and stumbled on it by chance. The trails are superb, they are some of the sweetest singletracks you could imagine. No matter how you link these trails, you are going to start in the valley and are going to climb quite a few miles to reach the tops. Luckily even the climbs are fantastic, but nothing compared to the Mayhem fast singletracks that take you back down. There are 100′s of miles of trails to choose from, and as far as I know they are all fantastic. I spent 3 wonderful days on these trails, and I just touched the surface of what Henry Coe has to offer. Fantastic trails and a fantastic Mountain Biking Destination for day long singletrack epics."

Morgan Hill is 4 hours from my house in Lebec.What are we doing? Let's go!

Coe_State_Park_1.jpg

Coe_State_Park_2.jpg

2. Been there, rode there. Last year. My neighbor is from there.

3. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    ....And? How was it? Worth 8 hours of drive time?

4. Willi-D

Willi-D Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Super Red!
    I wanna go!!!
    just need to go on a week when I don't have my daughter. I have lots of vacation time saved up.

5. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Your in! I won't leave without you . . . I promise! :D

6. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Sounds very interesting, you say you have been there Mikie? Just wondering what it's like after some rain. When do you plan to leave?

7. We went in March of '12. It was chilly at the start and the trails were sweet. No major climbs or tough, rough DH. It was just alot of flowy stuff kinda like Tapia. In all fairness, we only rode 2-3 hours and got in 15 miles because we didn't have good knowledge of area and I'd stop occassionally to get my barrings.

We rode there on our way down from Santa Cruz.

8. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I have NOT been there. I want to go. I have really enjoyed getting out and experiencing other rides like we have. Life is too short.

So much singletrack . . . so little time...

9. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    I'm sorta interested but not sure if it's sick day worthy by itself. I checked some reviews on mtbr and it sounds like tough climbing with flowy but not very technical ST. Now throw in a couple days in Santa Cruz with trails through the redwoods and I'd be in! Coe by itself sounds good but similar to areas here like the Santa Monicas so I'd like something with totally different terrain and scenery.

10. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Such a wise man!