2022 Tracer

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews' started by Obsidian, Apr 5, 2022.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    Not too thrilled that Gwin is shot and Isabeau quit, yet both are prominently featured in the development.

I do like the part where my bike is performer but sort of sucks. :laugh:

I am not ruling it out.

RIGID, Danmtchl, Bluesrider and 3 others like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    The 2016 Tracer ruined mt bikes for me. How so, you ask? When I went to replace it, I had to try a half dozen modern long travel 29ers and sadly - purchase three bikes before I found something that could outperform it on the trails I like. I didn't realize how good the bike was until I tried to replace it.

The new one featured here looks spectacular, even if it does closely resemble the Megatower / Bronson / Nomad. The 2016 Tracer looked like a Bronson/Nomad of the era too, but it was not the same. I trust this Tracer will be phenomenal for seriously chunky, fast mt biking.

I'm still a little surprised that manufacturers are all in on mullets. Who knew that my stupid opinion of my experiment with a 29er front end on a 27.5 would become the dominant trend in serious dh-oriented trail riding? I do recall being intrigued by @StrandLeper's Foes Mixer when he bought it It only took about 5 more years for it to become a thing.

And @Obsidian what do you mean Gwin is shot? As in, done as a serious WC DHer? If so, yeah - it kinda looks that way.

3. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    Yeah, that's what I meant. He has done basically nothing since signing with Intense, and I don't want to blame the bike. :cautious::Roflmao

I have not been in the MTB scene very long ... 6 or 7 years ... but it has always seemed to me like Intense & Santa Cruz have an unofficial relationship of some sort.

Danmtchl and herzalot like this.
  4. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    Gwin just won his most recent race. done?????????

Danmtchl and Obsidian like this.
  5. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    Maybe done on international or World Cup level?

Danmtchl, herzalot and Obsidian like this.
  6. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    That new Tracer in the red color way looks SEXY....but 36.6 lbs? I had the 2019 Tracer and it was my favorite bike when going down the mountain at places like Mt Wilson, Greer and Whistler. That being said, it climbed okay but was completely sub-par compared to the Ripmo, Revel Rail and Ibis HD5 that I later demo'd.

7. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Fontana?

Danmtchl and doublewide like this.
  8. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
    Nope, on his new "Home" Track. Windrock, Tenn.

This is qualifying, but he won. No Norton, no Shaw tho...

herzalot, Redman, Obsidian and 3 others like this.
  9. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    I'm disappointed you were not already aware. You be slipping in your old age Chris.

doublewide, herzalot and Obsidian like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?