Adrenaline Bikes

Discussion in 'Local Bike Shop Reviews' started by mtnbikej, Jun 3, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    This is the shop that is geographically closest to me.

Small shop, but it means I get in and out. Mostly used for small parts or last minute "need for a ride tomorrow" items. Jesse takes pretty good care of me, and handled a warranty claim for something I didn't buy from them without question or a charge. The other guys there are friendly.

Can't comment on the service dept.

2. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Thanks, didn't know about them and I live in OPA. Will keep them in mind for last minute/unexpected stuff.

Mikie likes this.
  3. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I bought my first Yeti 575 from them in 2007. Jim, Gabe (Fearless Fly) and another guy I can't quite remember. They were great! Jim told me if I didn't like it within the first month, we could apply full purchase price to something else. That was a safe bet for him. I loved the bike. But, I discovered other bike shops after that such as The Path and BikeCo, so I stopped going to Adrenaline.

Mikie likes this.
  4. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    My wife got me some Sock Guy socks from Adrenaline last Father's Day. They're really comfy. I will buy more.

Mikie likes this.
  5. wheezy

wheezy Member

Name:
    Todd McTallguy
    Current Bike:
    2020 NORCO Range VLT C1
    I've known Jim for 20 years and worked for him when he owned The Irvine Bike Source and at Adrenaline in its early days while I was between jobs. He is a good business man, and generally just a good dude that looks out for his customers and friends. He does mainly road stuff these days but will order anything that you might need.

6. Torrent77

Torrent77 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Love this place. I wish they stocked more mountain bike parts.

Mikie likes this.
  7. Grassblade23

Grassblade23 Member

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Surly Karate Monkey
    Wow, Irvine Bike Source. They did a sweet job in '94 of rebuilding the rear wheel on my '89 Stumpjumper after I blew it up on the Floop. Always wondered what happened to them.

I bought some parts for a commuter from Adrenaline around '09 and they told me about WTBs seat trial program. I moved out of Orange shortly thereafter and I think I still have a bumblebee colored Vigo somewhere. The customer service was good and the prices fair. I would go back if I was in the 'hood.

fos'l, herzalot and mtnbikej like this.
  8. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    Always received great, courteous service from them, although the place lost a lot of character when Gabe moved on. Jim is one of the smartest guys in the bike business IMO. The Irvine Bike Source was my favorite shop ever; sad that it got handed over (long story) to individuals that didn't know jack about bikes.

Mikie and Grassblade23 like this.
  9. wheezy

wheezy Member

Name:
    Todd McTallguy
    Current Bike:
    2020 NORCO Range VLT C1
    Irvine Bike Source was never handed over. I was the last "employee" other than the owner and general manager and one of the shipping guys so they could fulfill outstanding orders. They closed shop rather abruptly. The shop was doing ok until Jims father in law got involved. Did a few bad deals, buying up way too much inventory of crap bikes and parts that we couldn't give away. PRO FLEX BONANZA! LOL. A few of the other managers had left previously to the final dark days and founded Bike Co, which is still alive and well. They knew their stuff as well as anybody.

Anyhow, Jim's still doing his thing over at Adrenaline.

In regards to the "WHEELS" at Irvine Bike Source - some of the best wheels on the planet came out of that shop. The man behind that magic is also still around. His name is Juan Martinez. He opened his own shop called "Cycle Pro" - I'm telling ya, if you need wheels built, he's THE guy still to this day. Actually having a set of i9's build on Easton Arc 40's for my new plus bike!

Mikie and Grassblade23 like this.
  10. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    Jim told me what I related; basically that he was "removed" from the "hierarchy", then the store expired. Glad some of the employees landed on their feet; he seems to be doing well in his venture too.

Mikie likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?