RockShox Pike Tokens

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by yvettessherpa, May 31, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. yvettessherpa

yvettessherpa Member

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    YETI Baby!!!
    Does anyone use the tokens to reduce the air volume in the shock? How different did the shock feel after you did that?

2. jaime

jaime Well-Known Member

Name:
    jaime
    Current Bike:
    '20 YT Jeffsy carbon 27'5
    Your pike is dual position? Mine is and I was told at my LBS that I can't use tokens.

3. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
  4. yvettessherpa

yvettessherpa Member

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    YETI Baby!!!
    Mine came with the tokens. It is Solo air but dual position can use them too. They are just the dark red where mine are the gray.

5. yvettessherpa

yvettessherpa Member

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    YETI Baby!!!
    bvader, jaime and mtnbikej like this.
  6. riiz

riiz Member

Name:
    Eric
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Heckler/Killmaleon
    Dont add all of them at first. What travel is your Pike btw?

7. yvettessherpa

yvettessherpa Member

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    YETI Baby!!!
    It's a 150. I only have a couple of them. I have to see if Jenson put any in it already.

8. AKAKTM

AKAKTM Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tony A
    The tokens can be useful and there's no set answer as to whether you need or will like them. I suggest trying them and here are a few guidelines.

Start with your sag measurement. Make sure your sag is set correctly. Many pike forks have it printed on the fork leg. Once sag is set, ride it and see how it feels. If you tend to blow through the travel relatively easily or experience more dive than you like when you have proper sag, you may need a token.

Add a token to increase the "progressiveness" of the fork, reducing the amount of dive and allowing it to ride higher in the stroke. An additional benefit is that you will be running less air pressure to achieve the proper sag, so it may be a bit more supple up top due to the lower pressure. The flip side is that it will ramp up faster (become stiffer earlier in the stroke/less dive).

There's more to it than this, but hopefully this helps.

Danmtchl, bvader, jaime and 3 others like this.
  9. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    21 SSSSSSSSSlash!
    A little late to this post but I am up to 3 tokens on my 160 and it is better than ever. I now floats through the stutter bombs in the middle of the travel! Wish I had done this 2 years ago! I always thought it would ramp to quickly.

10. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    @Tom the Bomb uhhh yeah add tokens :) I waited a year then did it... Wished I did it earlier especially seeing as it takes about 5 min to do... I run 2 in my 150 ... So 3 in 160 sounds good.. who knows maybe I will play with more