UPS driver helpers

Discussion in 'Job Board' started by UPSed, Aug 21, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    UPS driver helpers needed this holiday season.

FB_IMG_1440217854676.jpg

2. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Is that real?

UPSed likes this.
  3. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    It is. Our center services all of Santa Clarita and Simi Valley.

4. Racer X

Racer X Member

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Kona Explosif
    Yes. I saw some UPS riders last year and wondered about security. I guess this is only for better 'hoods.

UPSed likes this.
  5. riiz

riiz Member

Name:
    Eric
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Heckler/Killmaleon
    I work out of the San Bernardino building and we dont have bike delivery for helpers. But if they did I would seriously consider doing it but using my own bike instead, lol.

UPSed likes this.
  6. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I have volunteered the last couple of years. The bikes we have aren't bad. The supervisor in charge is an MTBer himself and keeps them in pretty good shape.

7. pdqmach26

pdqmach26 Member

Name:
    Bob
    They also use the bikes down here in South OC at the Laguna building. Mostly in the high density apartment complexes. I am sure UPS will use more bikes this year, as this building delivers more stops at peak than any in the nation.

UPSed likes this.
  8. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    They are hiring 9500 this year. Now is the time.

9. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Will they be hiring for the S. OC. location? If so, I've got clients I can send that way.

Just fyi, I always have clients in need of work. If anyone has some labor, restaurant or similar positions open. I'd be happy to send clients your way. I promise to only refer the reliable ones that show-up to their appointments and follow through here with me.

10. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    www.jobs-ups.com

They are always hiring but especially now for driver helpers. Just do a search in your area.

Mikie and Sasquatch9billion like this.
  11. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    S9B,
    Post up that you provide talent here on the Job Board for businesses that need people. That is what this is for my brothah! :thumbsup:
    ~Mikie

UPSed likes this.
  12. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

How much do they start out at Ed? My son said he might be interested, he's twenty years old. What do drivers start at?

13. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Drivers start part time in the building. Not sure on starting pay these days. If you want I can refer him. That would be for the San Fernando hub.

14. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Thanks Ed , he's got alot on his plate right now looking for a new place to live, seems interested . He has a job at In and Out, but I'm sure he would like to make more money. After he finds and moves in a new place than will probably hit you up.

UPSed likes this.
  15. rojomas

rojomas Member

Name:
    Oxx
    Current Bike:
    Carbon Intense Tracer 275
    I thought it took a minimum of 7 years to become a driver at UPS? Unless it's UPS Freight?

16. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    That was pretty common at one time. Not sure what the wait is these days. It took me almost 9 years but during the Internet boom the list went down to no wait and we actually hired drivers off the street. Depending on what you want to do it is a great place to work. Even our part timers have full benefits.

knucklebuster and rojomas like this.
  17. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    I applied in Cerritos back in the mid 80's and they wanted to hire me but I turned it down because my current job had full benefits. That was driving for ADP, pickup and delivery of payroll stuff. I still have driving for a living in my blood and now I've been a field service tech for a chemical company for many years. Half my job is driving and the other playing with chemicals. I'm thinking of going back to p/u & delivery someday, it was more fun and less stress. I also think it would be a good job for my son but will have to wait a few years.

18. rojomas

rojomas Member

Name:
    Oxx
    Current Bike:
    Yah, I think it took my cousin the better part of 16 years to become a Feeder Driver

knucklebuster and UPSed like this.
  19. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Yeah. Feeder drivers are another part of the problem. They refuse to retire so it takes a long time for package drivers to promote. Some feeder drivers are double dipping and making over $150k a year.

rojomas and knucklebuster like this.
  20. rojomas

rojomas Member

Name:
    Oxx
    Current Bike:
    Damn!

UPSed likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?