Trax Sweatbuster

Discussion in 'Headband or Bandana' started by Lost Kiwi, Aug 24, 2022.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Lost Kiwi

Lost Kiwi Well-Known Member

Name:
    Simon
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Seems I'm one of the last on here to find out about these things!

Lately my lunchtime rides have me sweating like a pedophile outside a kindergarten. I tried a halo but that just acts like a rain gutter and channels the sweat somewhere else, left me with a headache on longer rides and a great big dent across my forehead to clearly show all my work colleagues I'd snuck out for a lunchtime ride when on zoom meetings in the afternoons.

Tried a sweatbuster for the first time today. A good comparison with yesterday, identical time, same ride but a degree or two (°C) hotter.

Yesterday: Sweat started dripping at the top of the first climb, by the end of the third climb its in my eyes and I'm squeezing my helmet out, after the last roadie climb back to the house at the end its almost a constant stream off the end of my nose.
    Today: Not a single drop of sweat on the face at any point in the entire ride

Its incredibly comfortable on the forehead, unlike the halo no dents afterwards.

If I had one criticism (and its a very minor one at that) its the amount of wrap it has, literally 1-2cm more would be perfect for my larger sized bonce (L/XL helmet)

I'm sold :thumbsup:

2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I’ve known several, but never noticed that they were particularly sweaty. Not even the one that got 60 years on a plea deal…

Otherwise, great write up! I’m wondering how I rode without it. :confused:

3. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Wow..... just.... wow.

What a metaphor! :facepalm: :confused:

Walleye likes this.
  4. RIGID

RIGID Member

Name:
    bandman
    Just when you start to wring out the Sweatbuster and it drops on SoCal silt. :bang::mad::laugh::laugh:
    Trax.jpeg

5. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    You guys wearing the regular, or the skinny?

Obsidian and Sasquatch9billion like this.
  6. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    The regular size... I wear nothing that says "skinny." :Roflmao

@mtnbikej was witness to the 1/2 gallon of sweat that I was able to wring out of the Sweat Buster today after the last climb up Boy Scout. :gag: A little clean water from the pack and it was good as new.

7. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Thanks. Ordered.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?