Bike Saddles- Recommendations

Discussion in 'Saddles' started by Ocpop, Aug 16, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    OH SNAP - what sorcery is this? The thread title changed. :eek:

Phew!!! Thanks magic internet guy! :thumbsup:

2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Getting rid of saddle material under the guy parts is life changing... :inlove: My ISM is obviously the extreme form of that, but there are quite a few options now with a similar saddle shape- minus the split nose.

Glad you found one that works...

3. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    Some people, mainly triathletes swear by this saddle. It is funky looking and I have ridden a few bikes with them and it’s not to bad in the short term.

Cyclotourist, mtnbikej and Faust29 like this.
  4. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I have 3 of them... The oldest is on the gravel bike now, and is starting to show its age. I think that is the 7th bike it's been on. :eek: I have never had any numbness or pain in the 30,000 miles I've used them. :geek: I'm a customer for life.

I'd try one of the new ergo saddles from Speshy or Ergon, but I'm afraid to fix what isn't broken... But if ISM doubles the price again, like they did a few years ago, I might change my mind. :devilish: :thumbsdown:

5. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Sooooo. I've always wondered if people have experienced catastrophic failure with carbon products, be it wheel, frames, bars, etc. I've had the above saddle for less than a year, don't ride alot of chunk and only weigh a buck 50.
    Riding saturday I was going through a little rocky section when suddenly I came down hard on my saddle and combined with a pedal strike. Initally thought I broke a pedal, but then felt a little pain in the Man region:eek:, looked down at my saddle and it was bent back, broken rails:bang:. @Sasquatch9billion was behind me a little ways.
    It ended our ride abruptly and rode back 2 miles to the cars, doing my SS imitation.
    Needless to say I won't be using carbon rails again. Couple of pics for your enjoyment.

IMG_20210717_105318.jpg

IMG_8251.jpg

PXL_20210717_181520146.jpg

IMG_8254.jpg

6. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Bummer.

7. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Glad you only showed us the damage to your saddle...

and glad you didn’t join Florent Payet with a serious injury to your junk. :eek: :stop:

8. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo

I was JRA and it broke!

Seriously though, it shoud be a warranty claim.

mtnbikej and UPSed like this.
  9. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    I guess most of us are too young to remember hard leather racing saddles. Everything is an improvement from there except that one designed to make you a Eunuch in a bad crash, and remember crash happens. I know how to size women's saddles, wide ass, the wider the better, pads and springs and they will love even more. I got funny thoughts about the Path sizing your ass, better left here in my mind.