Fox Speedframe pro

Discussion in 'Helmets' started by Mikie, May 19, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Well I decided to finally get serious and lose some weight!:whistling:
    So I got a new helmet... :laugh::Roflmao

I have always been a fan of Bell, but... not so much anymore, at least with my last one I have used for several years now. My Bell Super 2R had the removable chin guard which I finally came to realize I never use. :coffee: I mean, what's the point if you never use it. As well, I have a Charlie Brown bowling ball head, the Bell Helmet apparently is designed for round heads meaning that my big Bell Helmet was always falling forward and driving my sunglasses into my cheeks which got very annoying.

So last weekend we were up on Golden Eagle (Well, every frikken mountain biker on the planet was at Golden Eagle, like 40+ cars?!?!?) and @Voodoo Tom and I ran across :geek:Stephanie Marko :inlove:. She was wearing the Fox Speedframe Pro, it's a great looking helmet so I bought it. BAM!

fox-head-fox-speedframe-pro.png
    fox-speedframe-pro-bike-helmet-.jpg

So I got it from Jensons ordered on Sunday had it by Tuesday night. I think it ran $172 bucks with tax, free shipping. I got a medium and it looks to fit perfectly!

I tried it on, and no matter how I looked at myself in the mirror it does NOT look as good on me as it does on Stephanie.... hmmmm...:sneaky:

None the less. Excited to get out and give it a try. The latest generation MIPS that gives a tremendously smaller profile on my noggin versus my Old Bell which turned me into a bobble head.

That is all!

2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Interesting......

Might have to give it a look see. Finally getting to the point where I wanna replace my TLD A1 MIPS. Which has never fit my head.

3. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
  4. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    That tipping forward and pushing the glasses down, not to mention the tick tick tick of it hitting the glasses drove me nuts.
    I replaced my TLD A1 with the Giro, ahhh... fits great and plays so well with the glasses!

Nice looking lid @Mikie ! But I'm thinking to fit in with your new state you might want to cover it with NASCAR stickers.....:whistling:

5. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Camofloogee and everthin. Stylin', @Mikie .

6. SS Barby

SS Barby Well-Known Member

Name:
    Barby
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley LS/ Esker Hayduke
    Cool helmet. Now you wont look like a mtber wearing a motocross helmet from the 80's, like the 80s movie the "Dirtbike Kid". I like it, a little to camo for me but that might be due to having worn camo for 21 years of my life. That is a killer price for a helmet as well.

7. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Haha, nice! I already have this bad boy in my online Fox shopping cart...you beat me to it brother :laugh:

DangerDirtyD, mtnbikej, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  8. kingaucho

kingaucho Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lubo
    Current Bike:
    Giant Anthem 29er
    Picked up the same helmet a month ago and LOVE it!

69E0E4BF-B556-4AE2-86DE-378919EB815F.jpeg

9. HBkites

HBkites Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:
    Why S7, Revel Rascal, Spark RC
    My newest helmet is a Oakley DRT5.
    I’m not a big fan of the big “O” on the side, but I found it on clearance, and at this point I’m happy with it.
    One feature that I like (most of the time) is the silicone gasket on the forehead. It channels all my sweat to the side of the head, keeping my sunglasses dry. It is a removable feature that can be replaced with a traditional foam liner. I haven’t tested it on a long ride in the heat. Hopefully my ears would get drench in sweat.... time will tell.

The rest of it is it solid , and there is nothing I can point to as a big let down. The sunglasses hooks in the back are not for me. They are removable.

10. HBkites

HBkites Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:
    Why S7, Revel Rascal, Spark RC
  11. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    I believe that is the Arkansas state flag on there. Makes him look like a local!

12. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Hey! I gotta blend in y'all!

13. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    I don't own one but have tried them on. Pretty comfy too. I've been using the TLD A2 since they came out. Bell's have never fit my head either and I can't tell you how many people say the same thing about the chin guard issue and never wearing it

14. AKAKTM

AKAKTM Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tony A
    I had on a SpeedFrame Pro at GE when I saw you, but you didn't say a word...almost like you noticed it more on Marko than me. How could that happen!

I find it fits really well, looks nice and love the magnetic lock system.
    Ripmo - 1 (1).jpeg

15. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Ha ha ha haaaaahhhhh!
    Tony I laughed out loud at that.
    I'm pretty convinced anything would look better on Stephanie than on you or me. However, when we were talking to Steph, she took the helmet off and that is when I noticed it.
    Your good looks got in the way and blinded me... :whistling:

16. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    MAAAAAAAANNNNN!
    What are you trying to do? Up stage my Fox helmet post with your Oakley thingy?

Similar to my dedication to truth in advertising as related to Tailwinds... :whistling:
    Check THIS Vid out. This guy "Chose" the Fox Speedframe Pro and just watch what it gave him the ability to do!!!!

Okay... not "exactly" the Speedframe pro but...
    Oh yeah... I can now ride like the pros...:coffee:

17. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    The first thing I ask myself when I try on a new helmet is, “Does thing make my butt look too big?”

18. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

No, your big butt makes you head look small.

19. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Your jersey/helmet matching game is on point! I need to see gloves now to make a final appraisal! @herzalot you seeing this?

20. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Seems like a nice lid. I bought a large white one then realized it's too large for my 57.5 cm head without a skull cap. Dumb consumer. :bang:

The only medium in stock is the olive color. Too dark, too green.

21. AKAKTM

AKAKTM Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tony A
    Still have the Large one? Want to get ride of it? What color?

22. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Tony, I returned it, sorry.

Ended up with a Poc Tectal, which seems to fit better than my Trebec Race. We’ll see how it handles sweat tomorrow :coffee:

23. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Hokey, so I rode with my new Fox Speedframe Pro helmet today for the first time.
    Admittedly I was slightly concerned I may have under purchased for my big melon, but once on and on the trail, it was perfection. Forgot it was there!
    Oh and my above philosophy was correct! I was WAAAAYYYY faster than normal. Dropping Kona/Karls Trail out at Tapia today, I had to kick some young kid azz, not just one, but three of them!
    Sitting on the side of the trail they saw me coming and bolted like gazelles onto the trail.
    I say gazelles cuz their ain’t no way making that kinda insulting move that grampa was not going to take up that challenge. They were fast, but sloppy, I could tell they were riding maybe a bit above their skill level. When I caught the sweeper he was flopping like a fish all over the trail but he evidently thought he was going to escape.... nope! Finally I saw my move and he went wide and I Santa Cruz’ed his Fanny perpendicular, passed him and then a quarter mile further his flock gave up and asked if I wanted to pass. Hah! Old guys rule! At the end of the trail I told them, Not bad for 62... they said no way dude!

I told them it was my new Fox Speedframe Pro helmet. I can tell they had no clue... hee hee!

Redman, mtbMike, jimbowho and 8 others like this.
  24. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    You looked 10 pounds lighter too without that 5 gallon bucket attached to your head.:confused:

25. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I wept a little... so good!
    And the good news is, black gloves would not be out of the question.

mtnbikej, Mikie and DangerDirtyD like this.
  26. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    #showthegloves

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?