Gee......zzzz

Discussion in 'Videos' started by mtnbikej, Apr 4, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
  2. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    That gap jump at the end... damn...

3. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Better pound a red bull before I drop this sick line.”

Does anyone over 25 drink red bull?

Danmtchl, Mikie, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  4. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Does anyone not paid to actually drink it?

Danmtchl, Mikie, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  5. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Believe it or not, my Mother-in-law was addicted to them for a spell. We had to rip her a new one, repeatedly, to get her to stop drinking them.

6. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    Just look at how much the industry is making and you’ll have your answer. Outside IMTB, 25% of the US population drinks an energy drink “daily or almost daily”. Industry sales have increased every year in the US since 2015, now at over $3 billion a year in the US. Red Bull alone makes over $6 billion worldwide.
    When I was still working, 2/3 of the guys on my squad were drinking two Monsters or Rockstars per day and those are 16 oz cans. Every time I went by the fire station in the beach, someone always had an energy drink....and none of those people are under 25.

7. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    At my work there is about 40 people in the office on my floor. Not a single one is under 35, and I see at least a half a dozen energy drinks everyday. A few employees have mini fridges in their office and only stocked w/ Redbull or Monster. Easy pick me up for all the sedentary life around us. :thumbsdown::sick::sick: It's disgusting. Listening to a co-worker complain about being diabetic as they suck down a Monster to chase the bacon cheeseburger they just swallowed.

Back to the OG post.... Bootleg has a trail w/ some loose lines like that video. Nothing close to as gnarley as the vid, but I did go over the bars on my only attempt.

Danmtchl, Mikie, Cyclotourist and 2 others like this.
  8. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    TFPU, J.

Conquering a mountain

Such a curious sentiment. I'll posit: one may ride down, climb up, jump off, strafe; slide, run or crawl down a mountain. No human conquers a mountain. The mountain will be there when the "conquerer" is gone. The mountains wins.

Runaway egos like to fantasize about dominating mountains. Respectful attitudes recognize that the mountain allows passage – elects to not to release rock, dirt, water, ice, snow and brush you off like the surface anomaly you are. Swallow you under a hidden cravasse, turn you into a popsickle, wring you dry and cooked, and leave you for dead.

My profuse gratitude goes out to every mountain that allowed my passage. Thanks for not conquering me. :geek:

9. BigTex

BigTex Member

Name:
    Richard
    Current Bike:
    Pivot Les
    Red Bull? Not me. But having worked in an industry (motorsports) where energy drinks are prevalent, I've been known to consume a few on race weekends where I can get it for free. And I'm 52. But only on for a little afternoon pick-me-up in the middle of a 12-hour day when I can't get a hold of coffee.

I once worked with a steadicam operator who would drink three big Monsters a day. How he could operate a steadicam with that much caffeine and such coursing through his body, I'll never know.

10. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

I had 1/2 a Monster 2 years ago right before a ride....made it about 1.5 miles, thought my heart was gonna explode. Turned around and went home.

Danmtchl, Mikie, mike and 4 others like this.
  11. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I remember that… And there wasn’t even any ceviche involved. :eek:

Danmtchl, Mikie and mtnbikej like this.
  12. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    I thought energy drinks would have a perfect application in long rides and climbs. After one try with nauseating results, I'm back to caffiene, sugar and Tailwind.

Danmtchl, Faust29, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  13. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I find it interesting that we ended up talking about the energy drink and not the ride.
    I thought the ride was cool, but I kept asking... why? Because it's there. That gap jump though was wholly Fashizzle. Props.

Danmtchl, herzalot and mtnbikej like this.
  14. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    This was spectacular. Thank you. And I agree. Thank you mountains and ocean, for allowing me exhilaration and passage. :thumbsup:

mike, mtnbikej and Danmtchl like this.
  15. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    Back in 2006 I was at Interbike and had a Redline energy drink and was wired. I walked around the rest of the day taking free beer from vendors to counteract the caffeine.

That was the only time I have had an energy drink. That was a scary feeling.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?