Rossage down!

Discussion in 'Health' started by rossage, Sep 28, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    21 SSSSSSSSSlash!
    Good to hear Bill. Your score is fantastic! After my angiogram positive procedure the cardiologist said I am good to go. The only med he recommended was the 81 mg asprin to prevent possibility of stroke. My nutritionist recommended taking nattokinase which will accomplish the same result without any asprin side affects. I felt the difference in oxygen uptake on the first ride.
    Hope this helps, works great for me, I am not a fan of needlessly medicating either!
    Ride it like you stole it baby!

2. Walleye

Walleye Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bill P.
    Current Bike:
    Trek Fuel EX7
    Mmmm, natto!
    dripping300_304.jpg

3. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Seems all doctors a pushing statins after a certain age.

4. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    I was on a statin for a while, but new guidelines were issued, and my lipid scores fell below the new and improved threshold.
    Yay me!

I'll give these a try. Can't hurt, presuming they aren't made at the Hot Pockets factory and full of glass.

Mikie, Walleye, Tom the Bomb and 2 others like this.
  5. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    21 SSSSSSSSSlash!
    You should be good to go. I would have known by now. Stay in touch.

Mikie and Cyclotourist like this.
  6. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Due to this thread, and what has happened to a couple folks I know, I had a coronary Calcium Scoring test. Interesting that insurance doesn't cover it but that didn't matter. A fairly inexpensive test for my peace of mind.
    Received the results and was a big fat Zero. 60 years on me and no detectable deposits? Damn! And to think as a little kid I'd eat French fries with butter on them. Haha....mountain biking keeps me healthy guess.

7. TwoWheel Eric

TwoWheel Eric Member

Name:
    Eric
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Nice! Mind if I ask where you can get that test and what the cost is?

8. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    I got it at WaveImaging in Irvine on Barranca. They also have a Orange facility. Cost $150.
    The test took about 5 minutes, and was in the building for about 20 minutes total. Then results in a couple days.

9. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Interestingly, I had my echocardiogram followup last month, my aortic valve area is .88 cm2 (about 1/3 normal which is 3 - 4) and the cardiologist has recommended no drugs, not even aspirin. I believe he's jealous of my fitness :Roflmao. I'm not unhappy about this. I don't want to start popping pills at 60.

My BP is on the higher side of "normal" every time I'm in the doctor's office, and yet they just pass on it. I check it at home and it's all over the place (known as labile blood pressure). They (dr offices) also check the BP over clothing, after walking me down a long hallway at a fast clip, in cold rooms, in chairs too high to get feet flat on the floor....in other words in all the wrong conditions.

I've given up worrying about BP. Calcification of the aortic valve is something that just is with mine, so I won't worry about that either.

I've gone with this: Someday I'll have to check out. Hopefully not soon. No one knows when.

10. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Wait - you’re not 60 yet? :eek:

11. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike: