I DIDN'T Ride My Bike Today, Cuzz....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Voodoo Tom, Sep 6, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Wait, online, or in-person? That's F@cked if it's in-person.

Me, I’m just sitting on my bike in the dining room, waiting on GG to ship the bolts I ordered a week ago.

7A75C28C-0DDB-4422-8241-92DEABB7C47C.jpeg

2. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Is that fixie a decoration or a bike you actually ride?

3. Sasquatch9billion

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    These days it’s mostly a 60 mile loop to Long Beach and back or a putz around the neighborhood, but, yeah, it gets used.

You interested? I could let it go for a $1k.

4. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    I’d kill myself within a quarter mile of my house.

5. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Are you on Facebook, or more to the point, are on on the GG FB group? If yes to FB, but no to the group, it might be worth your time to join the group, and make a little stink. Sadly, GG's notoriously excellent customer service seems to have fallen off somewhat dramatically of late. Sounds like it's the result of a lot of repeated turnover in some key roles and they haven't been able to keep up despite good intentions. There are a couple company peeps on the FB group, along with some insiders seemingly inclined to help, so you might be able to expedite the parts if you play a bit of squeaky wheel.

6. Sasquatch9billion

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    You'd be fine. That's what everyone says before they've tried it. I actually ran into a guy in his 70's up by the Josephine peak trailhead who climbs and descends one-up the 2.
    That, I wouldn't try.

That's kind of a bummer, but, thanks for the intel. I emailed them and got a shipping notice instead of a response.
    IDK, 7 days to pull and ship a small bag of bolts? That seems kind of crazy to me.

7. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    That does seem pretty crazy. I heard they're actually moving into a new/larger manufacturing facility at the moment as well. Hopefully it's all just growing pains and COVID related, but it's discouraging regardless. FWIW I ordered just a pair of socks recently and they were in the wind within a couple of days.

8. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    one fun place to ride the bike. down around the point and back all bike trial. Afterwards Cadillacs over the water watching the otters play

9. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    We had planned water outage, so the family took a day trip up the coast. Padaro Grill for lunch, then walk around downtown Ventura. Love that place.

50639255528_73db51a73b_b.jpg

50639255488_6456b7f293_b.jpg

50639255418_f8fe2ace87_b.jpg

10. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    I am in Ventura right now myself. Love coming here 516E9ECF-2D45-4296-B149-79A25DC6D2C3.jpeg

11. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    My mother in law passed away abruptly in May and today is her birthday. We celebrated her birthday and Thanksgiving with my wife’s brother and his family (8 total.. no need to call Newsom). So no ride for me today..

I’m cooking a rib roast tomorrow but other than that I have no obligations.. maybe I’ll sneak in a ride at Oaks or maybe I’ll just start the party early. Either way, Happy Thanksgiving to all and I truly do hope you all have something to be thankful for.

12. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Got my old, original 2015 Charger damper back from DSD yesterday, freshly revalved. So I did a basic 50 hr service on the Pike 150, swapped out the new, now maybe obsolete Charger 2.1 that I put in earlier in the year for the old, now minty fresh one and bounced around the cul-de-sac. Tomorrow I plan on looking for every root, rock and rut (mtber 3 Rs) to see wtf is up with this thing cohabitating with the new Runt. One thing I noticed already is the lighter tune, and I lost the lock-out on the RCT3. Just pushing on the handlebars, I can notice the difference between lock, pedal and unlocked (LSC fully open at this point) but riding over curbs and jumping around they all feel the kind of same. Vee shall see.

13. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    I had plans to ride today....but I had to work on someone else's bike.....times 2.

That's only part of the story.

Discovered yesterday that we had a water leak dripping down from out kitchen to our garage. I cashed in some banked up "garage credits" with TheProfessor since plumbing isn't something I can do. After finishing one bike, we dug into the plumbing repair. While he tended to cutting out the bad pipe, I straightened his derailleur hanger and adjusted the shifting.

We got the leak sorted out, but it was too late to ride.

I hate plumbing issues.

CBone, Cornholio, Mikie and 10 others like this.
  14. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Well, better house plumbing than internal plumbing....

And thanks again!

15. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Wanted to go for a Sunday putt... but,
    ...Hiked to cut a tree in half off a new trail.
    ...Installed a new-to-her steering stem on Cathy's bike (gift from @Voodoo Tom ) to better position Miss Cathy's bike posture.
    ...Uncovered my Sister's Septic Tank with my backhoe.
    ...Cleared the car parts away from the opening in the barn to drop hay for the Donkey's for Mrs. Watson.
    ...Removed the Hughes.net Satellite Dish receiver brain off the roof for my mom to send back.
    ...Repaired a flat tire on my mom's log splitter with our buddy Jerry (He's a rockin' 87 years old)
    ...Installed HDMI cables to make my Smart TV smarter.
    ...Measured and ordered a Propane and Pure Water lines for our hillbilly washer/dryer she-shed... yeee doggy!
    ...Drank two beers.
    ...Played cards (Spades) with Cathy, Mom, and Jerry ( I kicked their azz's!)
    ...Watched an episode of Twin Peaks season 2.

~JB~, Faust29, herzalot and 12 others like this.
  16. SS Barby

SS Barby Well-Known Member

Name:
    Barby
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley LS/ Esker Hayduke
    That is one of the non-ride things I got to do this last weekend. Same lights they are a pain in the ass.

Faust29, Mikie, Old&InTheWay and 5 others like this.
  17. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    I had light duty on Saturday and my OCD forces me to staple each light, often on both sides to keep them straight.

ED9D98B7-6E38-43F0-B1AA-1BE87D1B53EF.jpeg

10EF9047-5E2E-404D-AEF1-1DB08BC99EED.jpeg

Between Thanksgiving, my son’s birthday Friday, lights/family stuff Saturday, and baseball/car shopping Sunday I am in a dry spell for rides. Hoping to break that this week though if I can wrap up work early enough. :mad:

Faust29, Mikie, herzalot and 8 others like this.
  18. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    We had those lights for years. A couple of years ago we got some colored lights that clip to the gutter. Best purchase ever.

Faust29, SS Barby, Mikie and 4 others like this.
  19. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Well cuzz it was too damn nice out like perfect temps and no wind SoCal in December I wouldn't know how to act if I was on my bike nice out. Sure I had stuff to do but I didn’t do it cuzz it’s perfect barbecue & beer drinking weather. I mean my beef jerky marinade recipe even called for 1 Mexican beer so I gotta deal with the 11 other Pacifico’s nice out. Smoked Tri-Tip for dinner nice out.

It’s still early so a Mushroom stuffed jalapeño poppers for lunch nice out pic will have to do.
    IMG_1969.jpeg

Rusty thinks it’s pretty nice out too…
    IMG_1936.jpeg

Mikie, ~JB~, DangerDirtyD and 8 others like this.
  20. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    No bike rides this weekend...

But there was this today...

Fam at Mt. High 12-6-20.JPG

Wife and kid on the chair behind me. 10 laps and lunch.

Ooof - BTW - the crease on my left cheek is the result of a mt bike crash. Chicks dig scars, right?

21. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    From that angle the lift line doesn’t look bad.

Mikie and herzalot like this.
  22. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    On the three lifts that serve the beginner runs, there was no line.

Mikie likes this.
  23. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    I was the last one to post here, yet here I am again. But this time, no suitable alternative activity.

Woke up and my back was still a little wonky. I had plenty of domestic and work-related chores to do, so that's what I did. By the time my back was feeling good, I done run out of daylight. (And please don't lecture me about night riding. We all have our balance points between self indulgence and domestic tranquility).

Mikie, Old&InTheWay, mtnbikej and 3 others like this.
  24. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    We had an incident with an exploding shower faucet Saturday afternoon. Then, had to call the city and wait for someone to come turn off the water because the valve on our side was old as F@ck, and did not move. So .. we ended up with an inch of water half way across the bedroom...

Taking refuge at the inlaws in Covina while the landlord get it sorted...

25. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Oh, man... that sucks...

26. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Oooof.... not fun. :bang:

Mikie likes this.
  27. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    This why we ride at midnight. It’s a lecture only if you learn something. Otherwise it’s a declaration. Ok I lectured you, but not about night riding.

Mikie, Sasquatch9billion and Luis like this.
  28. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    I’m an idiot, an idiot in a lot of pain. The door from our kitchen to the garage has steps down into the garage. We had the door propped open his weekend and my clumsy ars hit the doorknob against my right side while stepping down. I’m talking full body weight to doorknob.

It hurt like heck but after rubbing it, walking in circles and cursing things seemed ok. Well after a couple of days it has gotten more painful and I have a nice temporary rainbow tattoo. Everything hurts on my right side, it hurts to barely touch the area and my insides hurt too. Pretty sure I bruised my liver and kidneys and anything else in the general vicinity.

Of course I was done with work at 1pm today too. :mad:

Old&InTheWay, Mikie, ~JB~ and 6 others like this.
  29. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Oooof. That sounds bad. Don't mess with internal bruising. Doctor doctor!

Many ooofs in this thread...

Mikie and Cornholio like this.
  30. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    316E83D0-B2B1-4C4A-B944-B0B3EB8E0660.jpeg

Mikie, mtnbikej and Cyclotourist like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?