Looking for Professionals to Talk to High School Seniors about Careers...

Discussion in 'Pay It Forward' started by Derkderkall, Sep 9, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    Hey everyone, my school is partnering with this organization,

"We are currently looking for professionals in a variety of fields to be willing to talk with our senior class 1:1 for a 10 to 15 minute information meeting. We will be utilizing the IM Blaze app to populate our network of professionals. Students will be using the app to make appointments with our network so they can learn more about a specific career."
    Right now, it is to help give them information about careers etc, but in the future they will also be using it to set up internships....

If you are interested in donating some of your time (will be zoom/phone call at this point), please pm me and I will send you a link to the form ....

Cyclotourist, UPSed, Danmtchl and 7 others like this.
  2. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    I saw the title and thought seniors....like old people like me. I even get the senior discount now at some places which kinda blows but kinda good.

Ok, I've derailed enough. You can carry on now...

3. Derkderkall

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    Yeah, I realized there might be some misunderstanding with that title...

@Mikie can we get a title change?
    High school seniors maybe?

4. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Done.
    Talk to them how? What's the communication format? In Person? Zoom? Location?
    Could not open the link from work...

herzalot, Danmtchl, mtnbikej and 2 others like this.
  5. Derkderkall

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29

6. Derkderkall

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    A bit more info...

"This year our school will be partnering with Los Angeles Leaves to Learn (https://www.bigpicture.org/apps/pages/laltl) and ImBlaze where we will receive coaching about how to improve our students career knowledge. Through ImBlaze application, seniors would be able to use the app to reach out to professionals for a 10-15 minute informational in the Fall semester. Looking forward, ImBlaze would be an app used where our students can continue having informational sessions with professionals, but also seeking internships that will enhance the skills they are learning in the classroom.

This would be a great component for out students to enhance their skills on how to reach out to professionals, how to prepare their questions, and getting comfortable talking to a professional about their job and how to reach that professional setting.

Through the ImBlaze app, students will be able to choose a professional they would like to interview. Myself and their advisor will receive those requests where we can then prepare students in how to compose an email to ask for an informational meeting (either a phone call or zoom) and prepare for that conversation.

We would be greatly appreciate greatly appreciate you forwarding this survey. We had a great group who were donating their time for Career Day 2020. If they are able to connect with our students in this platform that would be amazing. "

7. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    This is fantastic! :thumbsup:

herzalot, Danmtchl, mtnbikej and 2 others like this.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Thanks!
    I was speed reading and missed that.

9. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I could sign up for this, but I'm afraid most high school seniors not only aren't interested in my profession, they are often quite experienced with it - and often in a negative way.

"I want to be a high school administrator!" Said no high school senior ever...

UPSed, DangerDirtyD, rossage and 4 others like this.
  10. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    And with all due respect to @rossage @mike @DangerDirtyD and other "safety break" riders, ImBlaze may not be the best name for a career investigation app. :facepalm:

11. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    This is good stuff... we're just trying to keep up at my school, you're being proactive!!!

DBMX119 and herzalot like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?