Pair of 26ers

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by knucklebuster, Sep 8, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    Hey guys, long time no hear, miss hanging out here and riding. Life and injuries keep getting in the way....

Preparing for a move so I've got to thin the herd some. I know there probably isn't alot of interest in 26ers on here but figured I'd throw it out before going to more mainstream avenues. I'm 5'8" and these both worked good for me. Either would be great for a growing kid getting to know the sport, either trail or downhill.

ASKING $1000 for both... I'd rather not split them up at this point (because they are best buds and the forks need to be swapped and I don't have time to do it right now). E-mail dtlammert@cox.net

2012 Canfield Brothers The One, size small. This was a light downhill bike (dual crown rated) with crossover to enduro before the term was coined. A DH bike you can pedal, I used it as my do it all trail bike for 5 years before I got my megatrail. Various travel configs and 2 shocks included give rear travel range from 165 to 200 mm depending on what you're looking for. Included is a Fox 36 air 27.5 160mm which would let you mullet if desired. Currently it has a Lyric 170mm coil mounted. I9 Enduro wheels, KS Lev, XT 1x11 and XT brakes, Easton carbon bars.
    Canfield One.jpg

2011 Turner 5 Spot, size Medium. Currently no fork mounted, but I was planning to swap the Lyric coil to it since it's 1 1/8 straight steerer as the frame requires. I have the Uturn springs for the Lyric that let you adjust travel from 135-160mm. DW Link pedals great and Fox shock is Avalanche custom tuned to 180 lb rider. Easton Havoc wheels, XT 2x10 and XT brakes, RS Reverb post
    5 spot.jpg

2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Hey, Dave! TFPU.

It's safe to say we've missed you here and in the dirt, and this place is less good without your input. Every @sir crashalot ride report I expect to see you in it. Best wishes for getting the obligations handled and getting to top health. Ping me if (when?) you get up to the mountains. (Cheers from both of us.) :):)

3. knucklebuster

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Thanks for the kind words Mike, and say hi to the Mrs for me. The Canfield was the bike I was riding when started getting into the crazy Bell/Yeager/Skinsuit/Joplin/Chiquito/UHJ stuff with you. That bike has seen some things! Lots of great memories... hmm, maybe I'll keep it :)

4. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    I was just thinking about where you've been, good hearing from you, sorry about the health concerns. . Are you moving out of state like too many here, or staying local?

5. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    I got the same twinge when I saw it in the post. Yea, that bike could tell some stories. More than five bills worth, probably...

Salute from the weez. And me. Let’s take an easy ride when you’re out of the weeds. Metal GG party. :cool:

6. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Miss riding with ya bud. Yeah lots of memories with that Canfield. Hope you’re healthy and riding soon.

7. knucklebuster

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Hey Dan, yah getting old and creaky and some trouble getting past a few things (with covid hampering the treatments)... Out of the state of OC, first stop is Lake Arrowhead (again). Final resting place TBD but it will involve mountains, dirt and wheels :)

8. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    So bummed to hear that you continue to struggle with your health AND that you are leaving us. I think everybody who has ridden with you would agree - you are a great riding partner, skilled, humble, and quietly stoked. Foot out, flat out brother!

9. knucklebuster

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Of course you guys talked me into keeping the Canfield. The 5 Spot minus the fork has gone to a loving home via the Turner Owners Group on fb.

Thanks Herz, not really all that, but I do like to get a foot out when I can :) The aches and pains are just flesh wounds in the big scheme of things ;)

Cyclotourist and herzalot like this.