Chill to the Sultans (Roadie Vid)

Discussion in 'Videos' started by scottay, Aug 30, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. scottay

scottay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Scottay
    Still trying to figure out group rides.
    I find it interesting at about 3:30 when after a regroup the road turns uphill
    and you need to pick a lane that moves . Kinda like Nascar at Daytona
    or the 405 frwy!
    https://www.pinkbike.com/video/523182/
    Gonna try the 360 camera next time, should be cool working thru a bunch.

Old&InTheWay, Danimal and UPSed like this.
  2. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

I’m just happy I wasn’t driving on those roads that day, my mirrors stick way out.:)

Old&InTheWay and scottay like this.
  3. scottay

Name:
    Scottay
    Always on the lookout for the driver with one hand on a bowl of Gruel and the other texting "gonna be a lil late" !.

4. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Scottay the Roaday! That was cool. You don't see many roadie videos. It took me a long time to feel comfortable in big group rides. Just like mountain biking, there are many skill levels. But, if you ride with the same group a lot you will eventually hang with the riders that have equal strength and a similar skill level to yours.

Danimal, scottay and DangerDirtyD like this.
  5. scottay

Name:
    Scottay
    I'm just trying not to fall at 40mph!.

UPSed likes this.
  6. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Tehachapi 2 years ago. Jennifer was on my rear wheel.

Screenshot_20200831-063038_Strava.jpg

DangerDirtyD likes this.
  7. scottay

Name:
    Scottay
    She so Crazay! I actually sit up on the DH and relax and enjoy. Much like DH Fireroad, its not my thing.
    I followed these two ladies down SandCanyon from Camp 9 a couple weeks back. Starting at about 4:00
    https://www.pinkbike.com/video/523226/
    The second lady blew right past me, she was fearless! In fact she took a DH QOM in Ventura last week I think.

DangerDirtyD, UPSed and Danimal like this.
  8. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Nice video! don't see many road rides on video and enjoyed it. I'm with you on just chilling and staying upright at 40+ mph on those skinny tires.

Getting back into the road myself now, and enjoy it a lot. Mtb is more interesting, harder and funnerer so I have two mistresses now!

Having done group rides quite a few times when started road riding years ago, as fun as they were I prefer smaller groups of just a few. On more than one occasion I got way behind the group when they would choose to run red lights which i will not, so would split off and do my own thing mid ride.
    Note to those riding Irvine, follow the rules of the road. Local PD loves to ticket cyclists that blow stop signs.

scottay, herzalot and Rumpled like this.
  9. scottay

Name:
    Scottay
    These guys do a lot of regroups on the way uphill, which keeps things together. And we have long canyon roads without stop lights.
    But no one really can chit chat on the ride, thats what makes climbs on a MTB go by faster- all the BSing!
    Its better to be on the Roadie during the heat because you are moving faster and have natural air conditioning- evaporative anyhow.

UPSed likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?