Contact point: Yurrass

Discussion in 'Health' started by mike, Jul 19, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Dirtrider....

Dirtrider.... Well-Known Member

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley V4
    I thought i read somewhere about noseless saddles... :rolleyes:

mike and Mikie like this.
  2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    I think you (most riders), esp where it gets hot, can benefit from the ditching the pad. Maybe it makes sense to revisit the saddle then. I also don't like how baggies can hang up, though I still wear them. The Dirt Craft shorts are the best fit I've used for moving around the saddle. Not available without the damn pad. :bang:

I read that a MTBer rode a 28,000' ascent ride without a pad.

Unsure if it's a trend; I've always seen the pad as a sometimes-necessary evil. But I'm on a roll of long rides without it, and I'll see what, if anything, becomes an issue going forward. I could probably not use one again and be fine from this point. I'll admit I do like the insulation when it's cold.

rossage, UPSed and Mikie like this.
  3. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    OTHRider, rossage, mike and 1 other person like this.
  4. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    There's a bunch of models in there. Which one is working for you?

I gotta try some boxers. I don't think I notice the hem on briefs, but do I?...

Mikie likes this.
  5. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    Quest... But looking at them the seam seems to be in t ithe wrong place for riding... I don't use them for riding .. apologies for confusion

Kinetic might be a better choice but dang expensive

I also just like plan ole under armour compression / heat gear, I have ridden in those

6. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Last night for 4 hours I wore a very old pair of Tinley bike shorts (bought from thrift store 15 years ago) and cargo shorts outside of them. My "area" is sore. I'm thinking maybe a wax will reduce some friction of moving parts and help immensely.

7. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    Scott Tinley blast from the past .... Actually met him years ago when I ran in the Tri circles

DangerDirtyD, Mikie and mike like this.
  8. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Judging from what I saw back there, you should just wear a thong and put some velcro on the seat.
    Freeballing!
    And I still have a blue dot in my retinas where I tried to burn out the image...

Faust29, DangerDirtyD, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  9. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    What color thong do you prefer on me Sausage Man?

Mikie, heyitsdave, mike and 2 others like this.
  10. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Let’s not make this particular wardrobe adjustment until after Saturday... :stop:

11. dssgaffler

dssgaffler Member

Name:
    Never will sellout
    Current Bike:
    Intense + Revel + Transition
    Great discussion topic

Winning combo on daily rides regardless of length
    SDG Ti Fly
    Zoic shorts with no liner

However, over the years I have taken prolonged breaks from riding for various reasons and the first ride back is always painful on the lungs, the legs and the ass.

Losing combo on bikepacking trips
    SDG Bel Air
    Zoic shorts with liner
    Chamois buttr

By day 3 of all day riding, the saddle sores and butt bone pain makes riding truly unenjoyable. During the long rides, all I can focus on are the numerous ways in which SDG has failed me and how I will never bikepack again.

Mikie, mtnbikej and mike like this.
  12. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Hah! Not sure if a saddle from Speed Defies Gravity is indicated for bikepacking... :p:geek: I have one that sits proudly in my parts bin. I can't imagine it will ever be toppled as The Least Comfortable Saddle I've Ever Owned. I fear the day I end up having to use it. But it looks really cool. :gotnothing:

13. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Comfortable > looks cool any day that ends in y. But you knew that already. :thumbsup:

Mikie and mike like this.
  14. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    view from the other side...

larson.JPG

Mikie, rossage, DangerDirtyD and 2 others like this.
  15. shawndoh

shawndoh Well-Known Member

Name:
    shawn
    Current Bike:
    I ride all the bikes!
    Which Pearl bib? Pro is my favorite, don't like any under that. Feel like sand paper, after a certain milage- depending on what bike.

Mikie likes this.
  16. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

Don't remember....They were all bought on clearance. 2 have the preforated orange chamois, one has the blue. Same goes for my Thermal Bib Knickers.

Mikie likes this.
  17. shawndoh

shawndoh Well-Known Member

Name:
    shawn
    Current Bike:
    I ride all the bikes!
    Gotcha.
    It is amazing the difference in peoples chamois preference.

Mikie and mtnbikej like this.
  18. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    I believe PI's color rating is blue=lower, orange=mid and red=upper (pro). The pros (red) are definitely the most comfortable IME but I do several hours in the orange with no problems.

19. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    A challenger emerges. I've been battling a recurrent hot spot, that recurs even with a saddle or bike or chamois change. Decided to try the SQ Lab One10 liner short. Today's ride was short, so the jury is still out until a longer ride, but preliminary results are promising. It's a different take on the pad itself - thin, semi-firm, with a gel layer that is supposed to absorb the shearing forces without providing too much unnecessary padding. Seems to work well, though the firmness of the pad does make for more of a poopy diaper look off the bike. It's easily the most breathable liner I've experienced. Think old school perforated basketball jersey material, but softer and elasticized. PSA, though they are somewhat pricey, they're currently 20% off with no sale tax and free shipping. Probably will pick up another.

20. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Update after a solid amount of miles in the saddle this weekend. The One10 is a winner, and I just ordered another. It's definitely not a cushy chamois, but for anti-chafing it definitely does what it says.

Mikie, mtnbikej, UPSed and 1 other person like this.
  21. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    obama was president, he canceled the Bush program of going to Mars. He replaced it with going to an asteroid. Nobody was impressed, well he could not go to Mars or the Moon. So we were now set on a mission past Jupiter, past Saturn, that's right "right up to Uranus". Boy I am glad we are not going there anymore, its back to Mars. But if Joe wins its either back to Uranus or on to the sun. It's ok he said "we will fly at night".
    Happy Flash Gorden trails

Mikie likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?