Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by stingray mark, Jun 30, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. stingray mark

stingray mark Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    mark
    Current Bike:
    Diamondback
    Howdy. I met PATKOUG on the lift at Snow Valley, and he turned me on to this website. I've been looking for people to MTB with for years and hadn't found anything until now. I ride all over Southern Cal, and did a little in Colorado. Looking forward to riding with some of you.

2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Welcome Mark!!! I have CO roots myself. If you’re up hitting Snow Valley, you must enjoy the fun side of gravity’s pull!

PATKOUG, Mikie, Danmtchl and 3 others like this.
  3. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
  4. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Welcome aboard.....this is a community, thus participation is required.

PATKOUG, Mikie, bvader and 2 others like this.
  5. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Welcome, @stingray mark ! Don't be a stranger; with the teasers you posted elsewhere we need more reports. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

PATKOUG, Mikie, mike and 2 others like this.
  6. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    I remember I had a 20" stingray when I was a kid.......Welcome aboard Mark!!

PATKOUG, Mikie and Danmtchl like this.
  7. solislbc

solislbc Well-Known Member

Name:
    El
    Current Bike:
    2001 GT Zaskar
    Welcome! Hurry up and get an avatar before you are assigned one and labeled for ever!

PATKOUG, mtnbikej, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  8. bvader

bvader iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mr. Brown
    Welcome,
    Stingray ?

s-l400.jpg

Or Stingray?
    T7BOICSWXJBXJNWKGJHC4CDW6U.jpg

PATKOUG, mike, mtnbikej and 3 others like this.
  9. skyungjae

skyungjae Member

Name:
    Kyung Jae
    Current Bike:
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson C
    Welcome to the club.

PATKOUG, mtnbikej, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  10. PATKOUG

PATKOUG Member

Name:
    Pete
    Current Bike:
    2015 Niner WFO 9
    Here I am, @mike...

To all of iMTBTrails--Sorry for the prolonged absence--I've missed MTB-ing--and iMTBTrails--and all of y'all of course that make it what it is--simply amazing...

So, I lost my job about midway through April of 2017 and I stopped riding as I felt it my duty to spend all of my energy on securing another full-time, permanent job--so I basically stopped engaging in recreational activities--anything that wasn't going to help me secure a new job.

In September of 2017 I secured a 3 month long temporary job that ended in mid-December.

I didn't secure another full-time, permanent job until a little while later. I started that job on March 5, 2018. My probation was 1 year long and I figured that I'd start riding again once I had successfully made it through my probation. I'm happy to say that I still have that same job.

However, after not riding for so long--it was hard to get back on that horse as I knew it would be hard.

So, long story short, I stopped riding about midway through 2017, I didn't ride my MTB at all in 2018, I rode my MTB twice in 2019, and last Friday was the first time I rode my MTB here in 2020 when I hit the Snow Valley Bikepark and met Mark--but I now intend to start riding again in earnest...

And, over that whole time-frame, I would randomly and infrequently login here at iMTBTrails to see what all y'all were talking about and up to--usually the usual good stuff...

And, over that whole time-frame, @Grego used to text me randomly here and there--and subsequently increasingly less frequently--to see if I wanted to join a ride--as a good friend of course does--and I always thanked him but declined saying maybe/hopefully next time...

So, I don't know exactly what changed recently, but I finally decided to actually start riding my MTB again not too long ago when I decided that I would service my suspension and then start riding again.

And, a few weeks ago, I finally I serviced my MTB's suspension and I also replaced my front and rear M8000 XT 2 piston calipers with a brand-new M7120 SLX 4 piston caliper in the front and a brand-new M7100 SLX 2 piston caliper in the rear.

And, on my 3rd uplift at SVBP last Friday, Mark and I got on the same lift (from the singles-only line). We chatted all the way up and when we got to the top I suggested we ride down together. I started out following him since it was my third run ever at SVBP and Mark had ridden SVBP once before the prior Sunday. A little ways down he let me lead the way and that's how it went for the rest of the day. At the bottom of that first run Mark had a bloody knee from crashing--he wasn't wearing any pads--so I offered him the use of an extra set of pads I had in my Jeep. He accepted and he wore my Troy Lee Designs knee/shin-ers, elbow/forearm-ers, and short-sleeved 661 Pressure Suit the rest of the day. At the end of the day Mark returned my gear and we swapped contact info. I also decided that I would buy a SVBP Season Pass (cuz Snow Summit's jumps are way too gnarly and dangerous for me) next Friday--and maybe start riding SVBP every Friday going forward this summer--since I normally work four-tens Monday through Thursday anyway.

And Mark and I are going to ride SVBP together this Friday again--and maybe every Friday for the rest of the Summer.

And, anyone that would like to join us is more than welcome...

And, somewhere along the way I also told him about iMTBTrails and all y'all and that he should check it out, join, post, and start making friends with all y'all here in cyberspace--and of course in real life--and the rest is, as they say, history...

And, I'm so out of shape it's not even funny--but bikes are fun--and riding them is healthy and fun--and I'm going to start riding my MTB again on the weekends like I used to back in the day--which will improve both my happiness and my fitness.

So here I go again--glad to be back.

Poofighter, UPSed, Redman and 17 others like this.
  11. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Welcome back!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mountaingirl sara and PATKOUG like this.
  12. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Yay!
    Bout dahm time Pete! Look forward to seeing and riding with you again bud!

13. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Welcome @stingray mark !
    You will no doubt get everything out of this site you need. Tossing input is the best way to start. Don’t be afraid to jump in with comments. As you can see, most threads are derailed then rederailed. That's the imtbtrails hooligans nation way of life!
    Enjoy, and get out there and ride with us!

Mikie

14. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Derail, rerail, rederail, undierail....

Mikie, mountaingirl sara and PATKOUG like this.
  15. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Stkx66, mtnbikej, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  16. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9

Or
    69csr.jpg

17. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Ha hah! You can change your avatar anytime you like. This is just me having fun at your expense... :coffee:

18. solislbc

solislbc Well-Known Member

Name:
    El
    Current Bike:
    2001 GT Zaskar
    I’m game. I’ll take it as my welcome gift!

19. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    :thumbsup:

solislbc, Old&InTheWay and PATKOUG like this.
  20. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    You have more than earned your right to have fun again! Fitness and sanity is a plus. Welcome back!! :thumbsup:

herzalot, Old&InTheWay, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  21. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    Welcome @stingray mark ! Hope you stick around and join in on the fun.

@PATKOUG Glad to see you back Pete! Now get out on the trail!

mike, mtnbikej, PATKOUG and 3 others like this.
  22. Ocpop

Ocpop Well-Known Member

Name:
    Paul K
    Current Bike:
    Pivot trail
    mike, PATKOUG and Mikie like this.
  23. stingray mark

Name:
    mark
    Current Bike:
    Diamondback
    Definitely the second one!

Mikie, mike, herzalot and 1 other person like this.
  24. stingray mark

Name:
    mark
    Current Bike:
    Diamondback
    Actually, the Corvette is my favorite car. So let's say I'm half fish and half car.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?