Looking for a mid-senior level Transportation Planner/Engineer

Discussion in 'Job Board' started by DangerDirtyD, May 21, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    I am looking for a mid-senior level Transportation Planner/Engineer with 5+ years experience. I'm tired of missing deadlines and eating crow because we don't have enough staff. Aren't there people who need (maybe even want) a job right now?

Please ask around. I've been up all night again, am pissed off, and looking to hire dammit!

I wont be your boss, if that helps at all...

2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    That job sounds like it requires skills. I'm out.

Good luck!

3. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    Sounds like an essential job...it’s probably going to be hard to find someone.

my daughter, who might go away to college this fall, talks with her friends about “essential” and “nonessential” majors...

4. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    My field is having a heck of a time hiring in California in this age/experience range. Everyone wants to pick up folks who know enough to be self-directed but not enough to be expensive. But we’ve refused to hire enough out of school to keep the pipeline fed, and those we do hire leave town as soon as they get to this magic skill/experience level.

We get complacent because it’s easy to hire just enough college kids, and to pick up just the superstars from around the country-“come live at the beach!”

then they hit the point where they’re in-demand, and we’ve told them their next promotion is 20 years away. And the girls at the beach all want to hold out to marry Yeti riders. So they pack up for an air-conditioned state and we’re sent back out looking.

5. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    TFPU. My sources indicate transportation and other civil engineers are in high demand right now. May your search bear great results. :)

mtnbikej, tick and DangerDirtyD like this.
  6. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    Well, even our ArchaeologistS are busy, so Anthropology is still in the running.

mtnbikej and tick like this.
  7. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    You nail it. The ones who know they can hack it after a few projects realize their best promotion is with a competing firm. We poach from each other and try to avoid the flops which somehow still manage to float around between companies. I think the key is having a pleasant staff and leadership; then salary isn’t as important if you enjoy going to work.

We lost two such positions in 2017 and backfilled them with five entry-level graduate students from China and India. Their work ethic is undeniable, and they are pleasant to be around, but they cannot make critical decisions without management oversight, and therein lies the bottleneck.

tick, Old&InTheWay and mike like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?