Guerilla Gravity

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews' started by herzalot, Jun 25, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    The site is loading fine for me, so you might just have an old version of the site cached that's not loading. They've been making frequent updates over the last few days though,and different folks reported seeing different things. I'm pretty sure the Shred Dogg went carbon when the rest of the line up did, with the Pedalhead being the lone metal hold out. For me the Pedalhead "page" has a different layout than the rest, maybe indicating it's just a placeholder until the new one is released. If you load one into your cart, it's also at an 11% discount.

herzalot, mike, Faust29 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    My understanding is that all bikes ( with exception of the PH) use the same carbon frame.

Sassyquatch, mike and Faust29 like this.
  3. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Aren't they all still made with aluminum rear triangles as Herzy hints at above? Only the front half of the bikes are plastic.

A huge announcement would be if they went all plastic...

4. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    @buggravy - the page actually loaded. The 404 (in their own font) was probably just a joke. I could navigate to any of the tabs and further. And I haven't been paying close enough attention to know which models were already carbon (front triangle) and which were not.

@Faust29 yes, I was aware that the carbon bikes have all been plastic front/aluminum rear since they went Revved.

Still loving the company vibe, even though I didn't buy one.

Sassyquatch, mike and Faust29 like this.
  5. Sasquatch9billion

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Yes, sorry, That's what makes it "modular,"-I think.
    The only negative reviews I've read are about the cable retention system. IMO it seems to be both aesthetically displeasing and a PIA to work with. Good idea in theory though.

6. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Yup, all correct.

@Faust29 , I seem to remember reading something about that in the rumor mill as well. They seem to subscribe to the go big or go home ethos with product, so maybe we'll see something like that. I was told back towards the end of last year that there would be major product announcements in both January and February, and the only real thing I've seen so far is new build kits, so hopefully something major is imminent. It's been blue balls city so far.

7. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Blueballs seems hard to fathom, @buggravy. Unless the DV-9 was intended as a placeholder. :geek: I think somebody needs some saddle therapy. All of us?

@Sasquatch9billion, not sure if GG will have any first-gen Revved demos to liquidate, but you could shoot em an inquiry. I doubt there are any used Revved Shredd Dogs on the market. The GG Facebook group buggravy is part of could be a source. I'd think the front tri is still a fairly high-demand item since it gets used for multiple bikes. But...work it, brother. :thumbsup:

8. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    The DV9 WAS intended as a place holder since a new GG hardtail didn't materialize in the time frame I was hoping, but now that I have it I really like it, at least based on the preliminary riding I've done on it. I'm kind of rooting against a new GG hardtail that might woo me. But yes, saddle time is the much needed medicine to cure the monkey mind.

Sassyquatch, mike and herzalot like this.
  9. Sasquatch9billion

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Yeah, working for NPOs has taught me to enjoy saving money but I should probably just email my LBS and see about ordering one.

Sassyquatch, herzalot and mike like this.
  10. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    I got their e-mail UnderGGround Dispatch today. Says they launched a new website recent. Also a "new" bike that I hadn't heard of, the Municple Haste "townhill" bike. I think it's a PH built with drop bars and road group...

@Sasquatch9billion I imagine you don''t need one last push over the fence, but I can say I can't find any fault with my metal Megatrail. The only limitation is me. I'd say give them a call and ask if they have any deals on what you're looking for. As other owners have said, I'm a full believer in the GG company. Good luck!

11. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    The Municipal Haste Townhill Bike was introduced on Pinkbike on April 1. It was a Pedal Head with roadie treatment. Everyone assumed it was an April Fools joke.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/guerrilla-gravity-announces-new-townhill-bike-category.html

12. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Which model you looking at? I like their lineup a lot.

13. Sasquatch9billion

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Cosmic stallion if I have to go Road.

Shreds dawg if things go according to plan. Although I hate rap music and cheesy marketing...

14. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    The cheese is meant tongue firmly in cheek, if that helps. Is it still cheesy if it's intended to be self-mocking and cheesy? Like Beavis and Butthead?

15. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Ask GG to omit the frame logo because you plan to change stays/models? :sneaky: Put the t-shirt in a drawer. Or just ride the bike and put on whatever music you like. I honesly don't GAF about Joe Strummer. But I'm in love with my Smash.

16. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    When I first came across GG in 2015 when they launched the first generation Megatrail I honestly didn't put together that it was named for a heavy metal band. I've never intentionally listened to megadeth the musical group, which probably explains why I didn't get the reference. It was just a cool bike with some new cutting edge geo made in CO. The only other bike they made then was the GGDH. When they launched the Gen 2 MT along with the Smash and Shredd Dog, and later the trail pistol, and they rolled out the tshirt designs and started advertising the buy a shirt get a free bike, I finally "got" the music reference. I still don't understand why SC named a bike after the Megatrail though...

17. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    I mean, where do you go from Tallboy to Hightower to....? Maybe Altoid?

18. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Link to the GG site from the ad gives an error message, but this is active on Vital. The Gnarvana. I feel like I can wipe my brow when they bring out a new bike that doesn't really speak to me, though maybe the geometry will tell a broader story than just big travel.

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 6.28.36 AM.png

19. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Cool. I suppose that's what people want, and it makes sense for the line.

Not really a GG question... I have to wonder how that extra 20mm of squish would enhance my riding. I haven't ridden a 29er over 140. I've never felt any limitation at that travel, so I'm assuming an "enduro" bike would be a bust for me. No aspiration for chairlifts or jumping; prefer longer rides. Open to change if rationale exists, but a continuing romance with my Smash seems imminent.

20. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Yeah, it's what people were screaming for, so from a marketing/demand perspective I can see why this makes sense. Like you, but even more so, I don't think I have any use for that additional travel. Granted, I did prefer the ride characteristics when I switched from Pistola to Smash mode, even though I wasn't blowing through travel on the Pistola, but beyond the 145/160 I have now I have to imagine that any more would be diminishing returns. I may go give my Smash a reassuring hug this morning.

21. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Well, now GG matches SC in their 29er offerings - Trail Pistol=Tallboy, Smash=Hightower and now Gnarvana=Megatower.

I'm not sure what the extra 20mm does except sell bikes frankly. I'll never know, because I got the beast. I won't be doing any comparisons anymore since I am done demoing.

Having ridden the Hightower a lot, I don't think my Meg does anything noticeably different than the Hightower. From what I hear about your affair with your Smash and the way you ride, I cannot imagine an extra 20mm of rear travel would enhance your riding experience in any way.

More = better in the land of marketing to the egos inherent in the sport.

22. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
  23. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    edit: NVM

mike and herzalot like this.
  24. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Kazimer has one and has ridden it. Guess what? With a coil shock and 170mm Fox 38, he says it's plush. Huh!

Faust29, Sassyquatch, mike and 3 others like this.
  25. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    I like the new one. I am currently riding a 170/160mm E29. I do run into its limits on occasion, but mostly my own limits.

Good/bad news: I expect my E29 to last a LONG time. And I have a spare frame o_O

26. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
  27. Sassyquatch

Sassyquatch Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sam
    Mike, definitely with u on this...OG metal 140 Smash is about as much as I need. My skillset is definitely the rate limiting step in this beautiful reaction. Soooo capable as is, and still fun on tamer stuff!

now if I can just not break it!

herzalot and mike like this.
  28. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    A challenge for you large and aggressive riders. I should be good...

Like to toss a leg over something, but I’m fired up as ever to ride my own bike. Speshly with the new shock damper coming.

herzalot, mtnbikej and Sassyquatch like this.
  29. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    Meh....the best riders will always prevail. The top guys could ride a 100mm bike down a DH course and crush us regular guys on a LT or DH bike. It’s all about the experience you’re looking to have while you’re out riding. It’s okay that other people prefer to ride bikes that don’t interest you...no matter what their reasons are.

Sassyquatch, UPSed and herzalot like this.
  30. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

“Best served on wide open trails. Doesn’t like to change direction quickly”

Sassyquatch and mike like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?