Coronavirus. Not to be confused with Norcovirus.

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by BonsaiNut, Mar 5, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    If the human race ends, it will not be due to a fast-moving and virulent strain of virus. It will be due to mass asphyxiation as we die under mounds of stock-piled toilet paper.

As far as I can tell, 90,000 people caught this virus... and 86,000 are now over it and 3,000 are dead either from the virus or for "complicating factors" which is another way of saying they might have been dead regardless. Then again, 3,000 might have just died from having had the bad luck of living in rural China and eating raw bat meat.

A tornado whips through Tennessee this week and kills 24 people and you don't hear about it. 38 people are murdered in Chicago in the month of February alone and you don't hear about it. But one (previously ill) 71 year-old keels over two weeks after getting off a cruise ship, and it is the lead story.

So what is going to happen when winter ends and the virus fizzles out due to increasing temps and higher humidity? (Like SARS or Avian flu or...)?

Yesterday I was standing in line in CostCo watching people stock-piling toilet paper. Some dolt in front of me was wearing gloves, and refused to step forward until she could fish some tissue paper out of her purse so she wouldn't have to directly touch the little plastic stick that separates one's purchase from another's on the cashier's conveyor belt. "Sweet Lord a'mighty!" And what purchase was so critical that she had to risk wading out into the unwashed masses? A couple pair of new stretch pants! I was tempted to pick up the plastic stick and lick it right in front of her :)

I take no pleasure in anyone dying from any cause... but really people, get a grip!

MrGreedom, konakc, HBkites and 14 others like this.
  2. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    We need to stop this madness.
    Look what they did to our pastry spread at the office!
    Where does caution end and panic begin!

4744FF78-6E54-480A-9448-5039FED0F0FA.jpeg

3. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    I feel your pain. I was at Costco and Target today. In addition to all the madness you described I couldn't even get near the gas pumps. They had the mother moles pulling in one after the other as all the baby moles sucker her dry. In Target, the tp is all gone so they are going for the paper towels. Yikes, the rough stuff! My plan if the Modelovirus follows up to our neighborhood is... to turn the friggin' faucet on and stick a glass underneath. Jeepers creepers.

4. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    Yeah, I went Costco yesterday and it was ridiculous. TP and water are basically right next to each other in the Fountain Valley Costco, so it was a Sh!t show I left and ordered my supplies on Amazon.

5. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    You guys are killing me! :Roflmao

I don’t think I need to go into hurricane mode just yet, but if I do... I’ll just Fill the bathtub and add a couple drops of bleach... That kept us just fine. :p

6. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Ha! Spouse went to Costco today for our normal monthly run, and I said get some toilet paper as the idiots are hoarding it. No toilet paper. Unfortunately it's already on our list, so guess we'll have to start using our left hands to wipe. She picked up a big-ass bottle of Knob Creek, so I can barter that.

7. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    A co-worker went to Costco in Alhambra and said they had signs at the door starting no paper or water in stock.....

Our biggest concern right now it's that school will be put on hold, since both of us are educators....

But then, maybe that would make March less of a crazy month...

8. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Plenty of Corona beer on the shelves and it ain’t half bad just sayin...:confused:

9. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Albertsons, Ralphs, Food for Less, etc are fully stocked with tp & water. Not sure what this says about the difference between Costco People and. . . Normal People. :whistling::rolleyes::p

Maybe the Poppy People - no, can't be.

10. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Any beer that has to have a lime stuck in it just ain't gonna work. For me. :eek:

11. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    When Sh!t goes sideways, coffee is gold... The neighbors were amazed at my witchcraft abilities being able to make hot coffee when there was no power for weeks. #CasesOfSterno

Of course, we were living on bathtub water, potato chips and cold beans, but at least I was caffeinated... :D

And glow sticks! Don't forget the glow sticks! That was the only way we could find the bathroom in the middle of the night. The kids thought it was a game... Follow the glow sticks! Throw one in the toilet and aim for it! :Roflmao

12. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Wouldn't you still get paid? You'd have more time to ride!

13. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I can stop by and help you out with that, ya know?

14. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    COVID-19:

First, it's not going to kill you unless you have a weakened immune system or some other underlying illness. If you are young/middle aged and healthy, you should be fine. In fact, it's hardly even effecting children. This virus is killing older folks for the most part. The flu kills tens of thousands around the globe annually. This virus doesn't hold a candle to that. Why? Because we are taking steps to keep it doing that. The danger for all is that we can be carriers and possibly transfer it and infect those with weak health. I want no part of that. We are taking reasonable steps in our family. Washing hands whenever we walk in the door; Trying not to make contact with others; Trying not touch our faces; Covering our noses when we sneeze. This thing will likely go on for a while but eventually we will get it under control and eventually there should be a vaccine available. I suspect that it will be added to the annual flu shot concoction.

15. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    More for me no worries...

16. TrailQuest

TrailQuest Member

Name:
    Steve/Steverino
    Current Bike:
    Hightower/Stumpy/HeiHei
    Don't discount the leverage of wine maybe too/!

17. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    And I saw today that Sea Otter is cancelled due to the virus. They probably couldn't get enough toilet paper for the outhouses...

18. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Fingers crossed for me...!!!

Mikie, mountaingirl sara and Faust29 like this.
  19. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

I blame the ebikes.

20. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I shook hands with at least 6 people today. Pray for me. And pray for them!

BTW, since when does a virus shut off utilities?

This social media world is going to kill us all out of stress and fear.

21. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I'm gonna start selling t-shirts that say "I'M INFECTED" as a means of keeping people spaced out a bit more until we get this thing under control.

22. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    It boggles my mind, in this age of Amazon Prime, that anyone goes to any store for toilet paper.

23. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Well, y'know, when you need it now, Amazon just ain't that fast.

24. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I must be the odd one here because I rather enjoy doing the weekly shopping at the super market. Joking around with the checkers is fun. I also enjoy seeing the tellers at the bank. NFW am I gonna walk up to an ATM. I guess I'm a lil old school, but I really hate how machines are replacing human jobs. I wish this damned COVID-19 would infect the machines.

25. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Dude- Everyone knows that there’s no power after the zombie apocalypse.

26. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Didn't you know your electricity, toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and water are all made in China????

What's social media?

27. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Hell, the computer has replaced even the machines. I really don't go to the bank or ATM either, and virtually never carry cash. The one I miss is the butcher (Jim's Fallbrook Market) since I started using Butcher Box, but I still hit Jim's up at least once a month when I need a tri-tip.

28. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR

Danmtchl, Obsidian, Rumpled and 6 others like this.
  29. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Thank you.

30. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Not to mention if you need Costco's toilet paper then you can just order it. I delivered several Costco TP orders today.
    I've ordered from Amazon as late as 9pm and had it the next day. Beats going to Costco only to find out they're out of something.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.