Black Star Annual Food Drive & Ugly Christmas Sweater Ride

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deocguy, Nov 11, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. deocguy

deocguy Member

Name:
    JB
    Current Bike:
    Specialized
    Hi All,
    Please join us and come to Food Drive & Ugly Christmas Sweater Ride! All Levels Welcomed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

https://facebook.com/events/982151512148875/?ti=icl

When: 12/15 @ 7:30 am -donate food, buy raffle tickets, enjoy complimentary donuts, and the raffle. Ride immediately following the raffle.

What: Food Drive & Ride. Please bring canned non-perishable items

Attire- Wear your ugliest Christmas sweater

*Food drop off near Xmas tree farm & at the Blackstar gate*

***Please bring cash for the RAFFLE TICKETS***

1 for $5 or 5 tickets for $20.

SPONSORS:

We are raffling off 2 brand new bikes from Fullerton Bicycles! More raffles included from Rokform, Clif Bar, Hammer Nutrition, SSB Ultimate Spray Wash, and La Habra Cyclery!

DONATIONS: Please bring things that are easy to store: beans, rice, soup, pasta, canned goods, etc.! Every bit makes a difference. Even if you don’t donate, come out and ride with us anyway! We’d love to have your support!

HOW TO GET THERE:

If you're driving from North:

Take I-5 SOUTH towards San Diego, exit at Jamboree.

Take LEFT onto Jamboree then take R at Santiago Canyon pass Irvine Lake then LEFT onto Silverado (T Section) and immediate LEFT onto Black Star Canyon Road. After driving a couple miles you will reach a giant metal gate. That's the start of our adventure. Find yourself a parking spot. If all of the spots are taken there, go back a little ways. You'll find something.

If you're driving from South:

Take I-5 NORTH towards Los Angeles, take El Toro exit then take RIGHT onto El Toro. Go straight until you see Cook's Corner (keep straight) then El Toro become Santiago Canyon Rd. Turn RIGHT onto Silverado then immediate LEFT onto Black Star road. After driving a couple miles you will reach a giant metal gate. That's the start of our adventure. Find yourself a parking spot. If all of the spots are taken there, go back a little ways. You'll find something.
    If you coming from 55 Freeway:

From the 55 freeway in Orange, take the Chapman Ave. exit. Head east on Chapman Ave for a total of 10.8 miles (on the way it becomes Santiago Canyon Road). After Irvine Lake (bridge), turn LEFT on Silverado and take an immediate LEFT onto Black Star Canyon Road. After driving a couple miles you will reach a giant metal gate. That's the start of our adventure. Find yourself a parking spot. If all of the spots are taken there, go back a little ways. You'll find something.

* Park on the side. Make sure you don’t park in front of a No Parking sign.

We are blessed to be a part of such an amazing community of cyclists! We look forward to seeing you there!

A big THANK YOU to all MTB groups and communities for always coming out and supporting this annual tradition!

Also THANK YOU to Fullerton Bicycles, RokForm, Clif Bar, La Habra Cyclery, Hammer Nutrition, and SSB Ultimate Spray Wash for your support.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

Makoto, doublewide, OTHRider and 11 others like this.
  2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Thanks for the note!

3. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I will try to make it, and maybe work it into a larger ride... :thumbsup:

It's not exactly the same as towing a truck tire up Harding on a single speed, but a few extra pounds of canned goods may make a decent workout.

4. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    I drive in, drop off my food, and drive back out and park at the Tree Farm. Parking at the trail head is a zoo.

5. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    A little love for a great cause and great ride!!

bike.jpg

deocguy likes this.
  6. deocguy

deocguy Member

Name:
    JB
    Current Bike:
    Specialized
    RESCHEDULED, from 12/8 to 12/15 due to weather conditions.

Faust29 likes this.
  7. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    As long as there's no water actively falling from the sky, and if the mud is less than 2 inches deep, I'll be there. :Roflmao:whistling::cool::thumbsup:

8. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    I have been baptized by the Blackstar rain gods... and have no wish to repeat the experience :) I am no wimp when it comes to bad weather... but when the mud is taking the paint off my bike I say "enough!"

9. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Bump for love! Hope to see some of you at the trailhead tomorrow!

Cyclotourist likes this.
  10. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Good cause, fun ride, weather couldn't have been better. I just need to remember next year - the presentation and raffle starts at 8:00 AM, and the ride starts somewhere around 8:15.

Saw some IMTB peeps out and about. Chatted with @Grego about a possible Skinsuit ride in the near future :) Otherwise I'll consider this a warm-up ride for our Winter Solstice Ride on Thurs :)

11. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Thanks to the organizers. Always a good time seeing old friends for a spin up B*. Didn't see any blow up dolls. Skinsuit awaits @BonsaiNut .:eek:

12. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I completely spaced out on thisl

BonsaiNut and Grego like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?