Northrop Grumman is Hiring in Palmdale

Discussion in 'Job Board' started by Mikie, Aug 11, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I am currently the Hiring Manager at Northrop Grumman in Palmdale and I am always seeking individuals that like working with their hands.
    These are "hands on" careers in many fields to include: Structures, Electrical, Systems, Paint/Coatings, Lo Observables, and Composites.

Various programs are available to work to include the F35, B2, & Hale Program (Global Hawk), and others I can not nor will not mention...

Must be willing to work any shift long term, available to relocate to the area, proof of US citizenship or US Person is required. MUST have a high school diploma.
    Classified clearance is a huge plus.

There are pre requisites so PM me if you are definitely interested.

ricke24, Fueledbyex8, RS VR6 and 3 others like this.
  2. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    All,
    I am absolutely seeking guys that are Aircraft Technicians that have a Department of Defense Secret Clearance. I have around 198 people I need to seek out and hire by the end of this year for career opportunities on Black World Projects.
    These are robust programs.
    Trades I am looking for:
    Structure (aka Sheet Metal in Military Terms)
    Systems (Hydro)
    Electrical
    Composite
    Coatings

Some of the benefits:
    Medical
    Dental
    Vision
    R.A.C.
    : Retirement Account Contribution
    Unlimited Funding to go to School

Northrop Grumman utilizes "Pay for Performance" so you can really excel if you choose to.

The candidate profile is typically:
    • A person who is separating from the military and looking for a career in the Aerospace Industry
    • A person who is a Reservist and does Weekend Duty/ Drills periodically at a Military Installation
    • A person who is already in the Industry at a competitors company that requires an Active DoD Secret Clearance
    Key thing is their DoD Secret must be "In Scope" meaning they have had a DoD Review of their Clearance in the last 6 years, or obtained a full DoD Secret within the last 6 years.
    If you know of anyone, please let them know about me and this opportunity. PM me and I will give you my corporate email address in private. I must know you or know of you to give you that address.

This is urgent, and this is a big opportunity!
    Mikie

Redman, herzalot, Faust29 and 6 others like this.
  3. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Wow, TFPU, Mikie.

Is existing clearance necessary, or is it possible to vet and secure clearance during hiring?

4. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Well, there is an element of both.
    I have one program that does not require a DoD Secret, the rest of them do. So what I do is put everyone in for a Clearance if they do not have one and if an opening comes up on the non clear program I will put them on it while their clearance is underway.
    But most of my programs require a DoD. So they have to walk in the door with one or they are going to be on hold until they get one. It can take an easy year to get a clearance nowadays...

5. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    Palmdale is a bit of a bike commute from Norco...

Former military (10 years), but out for 9 so no more clearance (I did have it though).
    Currently work as an electrician in aerospace, but hate this facility and have zero job satisfaction. Though I work as an electrician, I'm actually HVACR just trying to get by (union BS). I was hired as a mechanic.

Non union jobs? It would take A LOT of convincing for me too repeat this mistake.

I'm not actively searching, but I'm always on the market. Planning to register for classes today actually to plan my escape from this place into something better.

DangerDirtyD and Mikie like this.
  6. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    @Sidewalk
    Northrop Grumman is non union. They also utilize pay for performance, opposite of a time and grade plans unions use. The opportunities in NGC are vast...
    We can talk if you want some time.

OTHRider and DangerDirtyD like this.
  7. Marty657

Marty657 Member

Name:
    Marty
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz TB2C
    Sounds like good a opportunity for someone. If I was still working I would jump on this. As a retired AP (Airframe/Powerplant) with FCC and IA endorsements I can say to to those interested in this it is a good career, give it some thought.

Mikie and DangerDirtyD like this.
  8. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    If'n I was 30 years younger, I'd do it. I had the clearance, was fresh out of the Navy. But I did 10 years at McDonnell Douglas and rode them down in flames so I'm kinda over the aircraft industry. :eek:

Mikie likes this.
  9. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    Just got a chance to look at a map, it isn't reasonable.

Mikie likes this.
  10. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Understood, thanks for that, Mikie.

My friend was an aircraft mech in another life, and I (and his wife) wouldn't mind seeing him steer away from mining. But he is too feral to work f/t in Palmdale it seems.

Sounds like some great ops for the right folks. Good luck staffing up, pal. :thumbsup:

Mikie likes this.
  11. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    I had a DoD Secret... but it was more than 6 years ago :(

And I'm retired. But other than that, I'd be a perfect fit! :)

12. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I want to bring this up again as we continue to add to our work force with long term Careers.
    I continue to be the Hiring Manager and over the last 4 years I have now hired right around 3800 technicians for the Palmdale/Mojave location.

MUST have a High School Diploma.

With basically unlimited funding to go to college... a Business Management and S.T.E.M. Degree seem to be the focus, it places someone seeking long term opportunities and career minded folks in a very good position...
    We have opportunities for the Mechanically Inclined on programs that require DoD Secret clearances and one program that does not.
    Once hired for either opportunities the goal would be to get the individual a Secret Clearance so they have the flexibility for multiple programs.

If you are wanting to get your kid a College Degree at a place of their choice, yes... to include places like Embry Riddle... this is a great way to do it without having them play a sport like soccer, or football, or stuff like that.

PM me if you or someone you know is interested.

13. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    An incredible opportunity! TFPU :thumbsup:

Telecommute option? :geek::D

herzalot, DangerDirtyD, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  14. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    There are a lot of opportunities to have flexible hours or telecommute in some positions.

As a Tech, it's a little difficult to work on the product from home... ha hah!
    But so many people fail to see the big picture. The opportunities inside the company are so vast that coming in as a Technician is a foot in the door to a much bigger and very profitable world. Get a degree and the opportunities are simply endless.

mtnbikej, herzalot, mike and 4 others like this.
  15. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    What!? My youngest son is in need of a job, I’ll pass on this info! ( he’ll be 20 in Oct)

mtnbikej, herzalot, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  16. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    I don't think you're overselling it. The degree alone is a good reason to pursue this. And the clearance can lead elsewhere, too.

PS: @mountaingirl sara: :thumbsup:

17. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Yes sir:thumbsup: on it!

mtnbikej, mike and herzalot like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?