Trail recommendations.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tom the Bomb, Aug 14, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    21 SSSSSSSSSlash!
    Ok all you Fat tire junkies. I am flying into Portland, Or. Thurs. the 22nd, staying in Salem for 4 days with 2 days of riding. Then driving up to see T-2 3 hrs north at his place overlooking Puget Sound. There for 4 days and 2 days of riding. Then driving an hour north to see my bro and niece in North Bend Wa. For 4 days of the same.
    I need your favorite trail recommendations. Give it to me baby, the best you have.
    Thanks,
    TTB

Faust29, Cisco Roots, Mikie and 6 others like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    There are no trails up there. Sorry.

3. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    Ha ha. Though sadly the immediate Portland area is shockingly devoid of good trails.

4. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Take some fishing gear!

5. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
  6. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    One of the best rides I've ever done, Ape. Canyon near Mt St Helens.

Get in touch with @Cisco Roots for the real goods up north.

7. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
  8. Cisco Roots

Cisco Roots Well-Known Member

Name:
    Cisco
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB140 LR
    When @Mikie pages me I respond quick LOL only took me 4 minutes to respond!

@Tom the Bomb I’m not familiar with any riding in Portland proper. I do know there are some EPIC rides across the River on the WA side that most Portland folks hit. I think for OR proper the absolute must ride close by is Post Canyon. I hear a lot of good stuff on that system.

If I don’t get a text from you and T2 and your brother when you are out here to ride I’ll be heartbroken and I’ll let everyone at IMTB know about it haha! For sure hit me up! We’ll ride Tiger Mountain and all the gnarly “unsanctioned” goods up at Raging, you will not be disappointed!!!

9. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    You guys suck!

Get some! Send pics!

10. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    21 SSSSSSSSSlash!
    I saved your text and you will be part of the plan!
    I am actually staying in Salem and have heard Lyons has some good Stuff. Catamount etc. I am leaning towards Whistler when at Brother Johns too.
    Thanks

11. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    Haven't ridden a lot up there but here are a few:

Near Salem: Black Rock. Known mostly for free ride but it also has some fun xc-ish trails and skills areas.

Near-ish to Portlandia: (might be too far for a day trip from Salem)
    Sandy Ridge - a system lots of people rave about but I thought was pretty meh. Think IMBA style flow trail. Fun for a couple laps but not much that is interesting.
    Hood River/Post Canyon - awesome network, lots of variety. Worth the side trip.
    Syncline - across the river on WA side. Fun network with great view of the river and tons of poison oak.

Mt St Helens - Ape Canyon to Smith Ravine - haven't done it but it is near the top of my list. Would do this over all the others listed above. If you hit one ride on the way up from OR to WA I'd do this one.

12. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    Hit up Galbraith Mtn if your passing through Bellingham. Good trails not to far from I5.

13. Cisco Roots

Cisco Roots Well-Known Member

Name:
    Cisco
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB140 LR
    Lookin forward to hittn dirt with you again!

Tom the Bomb likes this.
  14. Daddy Dirtbag

Daddy Dirtbag Member

Name:
    Jeff Johansen
    Current Bike:
    2016 Trek Stache 9 29+
    McKenzie River and Oakridge are not that far from Salem. The day after riding the McKenzie River trail, we river rafted until four, and then drove to Portland for dinner before driving east along the Columbia out near Hood River. Point being that both Oakridge and McKenzie River a worthwhile distance from Salem.

The McKenzie River shuttle is $30 per person to take you up to 30 miles upriver, and then they have a place to shower afterwards and a fridge full of frosty beverages to enjoy while you chat with other riders as you all finish riding. Knowing what I do of you I would highly recommend that you not forego the uppermost 10 miles of the trail where a good portion of the chunk is.

IMG_1639aa.jpg

IMG_1646aa.jpg

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?