Greer / 215 closed signs are up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CarlS, Apr 16, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. CarlS

CarlS Member

Name:
    Carl
    Current Bike:
    Walmart $50 special
    In case you haven't heard...

I'm pretty sure people are still riding there but sounds like the end is near.

IVMBA is trying do see if there is anything that can be done, so if you want to try and send them support, like them on FB, etc... now may be the time.

http://www.ivmtb.org/

57023932_1987923958001082_2785405133201080320_n.jpg

2. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    I have a friend that is a local police officer and hardcore hunter. He has an app he uses https://www.onxmaps.com where you can research any area of land to find out if you can legally hunt there. he sent me screen shots of his search and that entire area is private property according to that site. It even lists the owners and their official address and the entity that owns the property is developers. If this is all true, CDFW has no authority up there. Obviously, it may take a court challenge to settle the dust. I'm going to forward this info to IVMTB as well.

3. CarlS

CarlS Member

Name:
    Carl
    Current Bike:
    Walmart $50 special
    my understanding is that it is a whole bunch of puzzle pieces of BLM, CDFW, and private. If you go on the IVMTB facebook page there is some discussion about it.

4. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    He forwarded me the screen shots. I'm in no way validating their maps but there is ZERO land that shows up owned by CDFW. It's shows about 90% private and 10% BLM. I talked to an advocate with IVMTB and was told there "may have been a land swap of some sort in 2015 but nobody knows for sure". She said part of the problem is nobody really knows anything about the place and CDFW themselves told her they don't know who posted the signs.

5. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Ride it like you stole it! :cool:

~JB~, ricke24, scottay and 3 others like this.
  6. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    So the signs are not legit? Ride on??

7. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    My guess... posted by true locals to scare away the flocks.

8. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    Its not that busy there..after 11 everyone is gone.. when it gets hotter...less traffic...it would be a shame if that place gets closed...

9. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    That blows....

Sasquatch9billion, ricke24 and Mikie like this.
  10. Sassyquatch

Sassyquatch Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sam
    Gut punch right there :( Is it just a few of the trails with closed signs or the whole system?

11. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    According to what I was told today, only a few of the trails. I know that Rabbit Hole and Insidious were two of them though. Even the advocate from IVMTB told me nobody knew for sure because the signs were torn down before they even had time to get out there and investigate. Then trying to make phone calls to the various agencies to see who put the signs up was a dead end because nobody had any answers. They finally called the CDFW guy that's in San Diego and responsible for closing down Calavera and while he said he had no idea about the signage at Greer, he promised to find out and get back to IVMTB.

I hope that helps a little bit. I don't have any answers, just relaying what I was told.

herzalot, pdqmach26, Luis and 6 others like this.
  12. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
  13. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    @Voodoo Tom ... Sounds like we need to make a road trip and get some of these goods before they actually go away. :whistling:

CarlS, Cyclotourist, ~JB~ and 7 others like this.
  14. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    Let me know mikie.. ill guide..
    If u do everything ..could make it 3000feet day.. but will climb same trail over n over again..

Mikie, Cyclotourist, ricke24 and 2 others like this.
  15. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Dang, insidious is the best one

Mikie, mtbMike, Luis and 2 others like this.
  16. Sassyquatch

Sassyquatch Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sam

Truth.

Mikie, mtbMike and Luis like this.
  17. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    Have u been on the new extended overdrive?

mtbMike and Mikie like this.
  18. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Sounds good! Tapia is like that as well. You have two ways up and several singletrack down.
    Thanks!

19. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Yes....and no. I've ridden it twice and didn't feel the lower section was as good as the upper section so it didn't warrant the extra climbing back up that was required so we stopped riding the lower section. That being said, I heard it's been improved but haven't been on it in months so can't confirm that. I enjoy Overdrive and ride it every trip out there but I prefer more chunk and challenge offered on Insidious, Distortion and even Revolution. That being said, I would imagine that Overdrive is the most popular trail out there if you quizzed 100 people.

ricke24 likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?