Checking in

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mikie Robin Mcguire, Mar 12, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mikie Robin Mcguire

Mikie Robin Mcguire Well-Known Member

Name:
    mikie and robin
    Hi! IMTB family, Been wanting to say hello♡ I do peep on the board to see what you all are up too.And So enjoy reading your adventures. And posts. It is truly the best forum with the best folks.. missing you all. Mcg and me are keeping busy.. We were honored to be in the Rose parade with the Forest service and Smokey bear .It's his 75th Birthday.. I still help with the Angeles National Forest Facebook page... After the government shutdown was over we were finally able to get back posting on FB and to get back to trail work.. but with the rains that put a stop to the some work, but Mcg was able to do some Sawyer work.. speaking of Sawyer's work MCg started training me yes seriously training. Since I have been a sawyer's supervisor for at least 15yrs And have sat in on several certification and training classes and recerts classes.. well to make a long story short. This past weekend all 2 long days which by the way was Mcg and me 49th wedding Anniversary and mcg's 67th Birthday we spent it no better way than with our ANF family in the Sawyer's chainsaw class. Hardcore! ..Mcg has been a certified Sawyer since 2001 and a B Sawyer for a decade or more And guess what ! I became a certified A Sawyer . I past the test... Yes Me! I became a certified A Sawyer, now I am both a supervisor and a certified A Sawyer. So excited and glad I was ablet to complete and pass.. not easy .. . I have ran and completed 23 LA marathons ... this was harder but I'm glad to be a real part of the sawyer team . I still need a lot more training, but I feel good... Well. .thank you! for reading what has been happening in our lives. SO Look forward to perhap seeing some of you soon .. spring is in the Angeles National Forest, hoping to see you all on the trails soon..and if you ride across a tree that has been chainsawed ott the trail,, well it might have been done by Sawyer A me . thank you for being a part of our lives.. happy hugs from mcg and me.. ..thank you for reading this post..

IMG_20190311_143305_766.jpg

IMG_3765.jpg

20190307_142515.jpg

20190101_072950.jpg

20190310_103308.jpg

IMG_20190308_060053_632.jpg

2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Just when I thought you two couldn't get any better... You take it up another notch! I am in awe. :thumbsup:

3. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    Thanks for the update, love you guys, keep up the awesome work, thanks!

Danmtchl, Mikie, Cyclotourist and 4 others like this.
  4. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Great updates! Congrats on the cert, McG! Thanks for the ongoing inspiration :thumbsup:

Hope to see you up at the lake again this year. Until then, be well!! :)

5. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Get off your butts and do something, would ya? :eek: ;)

Congrats and awesome! :inlove:

6. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
  7. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    When I grow up I wanna be just like @Mikie Robin Mcguire's, only problem is those two kids refuse to grow up:thumbsup:. Just so you know Robin it's been way too long since i've had one of your great big hugs...:inlove:

8. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Happy anniversary Sawyers A and B!

9. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    Mmmmm... an outdoorsey chick wearing chaps! Love it!!

Danmtchl, mike, Old&InTheWay and 3 others like this.
  10. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    Happy anniversary and congrats on the cert! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

11. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    These are just the BEST updates, and from the imtbtrails poster kids on so many fronts! Marriage, mountain bikers, trail advocacy, friends, and even BFF’s.
    This place can not be more blessed!

Thanks for the update! Congratulations!

There is a slight problem... we seriously have not seen or ridden with you in what seems like years. This is no longer working for me. imtbtrails demands some trail time with the McG’s. So Mikie is going to brew something up at the first signs of Spring.

Miss you! Love you! Hugs!

12. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    21 SSSSSSSSSlash!
    Cookies?

Redman, Danmtchl, mike and 4 others like this.
  13. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Whoa! Congrats on the certification! Been following some of the sawyering adventures via the MWBA instagram. Can't wait to run into you guys again...or, ride with you guys again (fingers crossed.)

14. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    @Mikie , the McGs, maybe a few other IMTBros....sounds like a dream ride.

15. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    What an amazing accomplishment! Congratulations to you! Us mere mortals are envious.