In Other News

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by -ROCKY-, Nov 26, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Oh dang, I must have missed it. What did you get? And it looks like late March or April before I’ll actually take delivery. Sounds like a lot of orders have been placed.

Danmtchl, -ROCKY-, Mikie and 7 others like this.
  2. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Ordered a trail pistol.. !

Danmtchl, -ROCKY-, Mikie and 9 others like this.
  3. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Nice! Congrats.

Danmtchl, -ROCKY-, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  4. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    No. YOU, his lawyer, would have liked HIM to have deep sympathies. This kind of lawyer is scum, just like its scum clientele.

Someone's husband died as a result of the arsonist. And the rest. 12 years? I'm dumbfounded.

I tell you what. If I catch someone setting the forest or someone's house on fire, I will just go ahead and render my own frontier justice. If there is anything left of the perp, go ahead and process it – duly.

5. -ROCKY-

-ROCKY- Well-Known Member

Name:
    Rocky
  6. -ROCKY-

Name:
    Rocky
    R.I.P Beverley Owens

7. -ROCKY-

Name:
    Rocky
    :(

Nathaniel Taylor 1938-2019

R.I.P Nate.Thanks for the memories, thanks for literally decades of laughs.

8. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    In other news...
    :coffee: Mikie's feeble attempt sitting in his office to regain conscientiousness this morning. Long day at work yesterday, followed by an hour drive home, then an hour drive to Bakersfield for a course on, "Active Shooter Training", then another hour drive home after that to hit the hay at 11:00pm, to get up at 4:30 am to drive an hour to work by 6:30 so as to do a 7:00am Pacific Coast Time Skype presentation for the Vice President and his team out at our St. Augustine Operations (Nailed It!).
    Yes that was a "run on" sentence, and No, I don't care... Spose to rain on Saturday and Mikie is fed up with rain, I need to ride my dahm bike!
    getittogether.jpg

9. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    How do you get different background pictures on each screen or do you have 2 machines? I can only have one picture across mine.

2811CBCA-5342-4AF3-88C1-A0D6B1E0A28D.jpeg

10. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    What's really cool is they rotate through about 30 pics I have in My Pictures folder. One laptop on a docking station. The company upgraded my computer while I was sleeping at home one night to Windows 10. When I came in that morning, all my pictures were wiped. So I reset it up and this was the result. Let me see if I can figure out what I did.

Oh, and I like the Yeti mug, even though it's not related... :thumbsup:

11. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
  12. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Oh my gosh!
    I just came here to post this!

Man rides bike 30 minutes after rattlesnake bite to get help...

PHOENIX – Jim Watkins was on a bike ride with a friend on an Arizona trail Wednesday afternoon when he fell off his bike and into a bush.

If that wasn't bad enough, he was bit by a rattlesnake after he landed.

Watkins, 75, was biking up a steep part of the trail at Apache Wash in northern Phoenix at about 3:45 p.m. when he lost momentum and fell beside the trail, he said, discussing the ordeal Thursday from a hospital where he was being treated.

“It felt like a bee sting. And then as I looked down, I could see the snake was recoiling back up, but still vibrating his rattles. And so I pulled away,” Watkins said.

Watkins, who was bit on his left calf, then rode with his friend for 30 minutes to get back to the trailhead. His friend called poison control right away to seek advice.

"Once I got in the truck, I got poison control on the speaker phone and started talking with them. And they said, 'This is serious, you need to go to an emergency room,'" Watkins said.

Wakins responded: "Well, right now I feel fine. It just feels like a bee sting."

Watkins went to Banner University Medical Center and was assessed once he arrived.

He received three treatments of anti-venom – 12 vials in all – that counteracted the snake's venom and reduced the swelling.

"Most Arizona emergency departments and hospitals have anti-venom. But there's only a couple of hospitals that have medical toxicologists that specialize in this care," said Daniel Brooks, medical director of Banner’s Poison and Drug Information Center.

Brooks advises that anyone who gets bit by a rattlesnake should get anti-venom as soon as possible. Walking, running and riding a mountain bike all increase blood circulation and can put your at risk for secondary injuries, Brooks said.

"Wherever the bite is, is where most of the damage is going to occur. And that means breakdown of muscle and skin, as well as a lot of edema and swelling," Brooks said.

Brooks said the most important factor in a rattlesnake bite is to consider how much venom is injected.

As the weather warms up, rattlesnakes are out on the hiking trails. Brooks gives this advice to anyone planning on hiking:

• Wear closed-toe shoes.
    • Be aware of your environment.
    • If you see the snake, leave it alone.
    "In the warm deserts, rattlesnakes are most active from March through October. In the spring, they are active during daylight hours. As days become increasingly hot around early May, rattlesnakes become more active at night and spend the day in a spot of shade or a cool shelter," according to the Arizona Game and Fish Department.

13. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    That's one thing I'm pretty sure you've never lost... :)

14. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Dang it! Ha hah! I did not catch that smarty pants! Consciousness not conscientiousness! :rolleyes: But, totally makes sense.
    Man! I think the Clock is Slooooowwwwww.... I don't feel re-tardy! :Roflmao

15. -ROCKY-

Name:
    Rocky
  16. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    You are sofa king we Todd it!

17. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    Today I tossed a posession I had since 1995. Cracked boot, barely fit last few years, but lots o’memories.
    096CADD8-5EB7-4597-A5A5-53A5F78FA130.jpeg
    In other news, I played ice hockey for the first time tonight since October 2013, and I didn’t hurt myself! I believe the DonJoy brace really helped. @mountaingirl sara, ask your ortho to prescribe one as a required apparatus, your lifestyle and therefore your mental health definitely warrants one. BTW, I suck at hockey these days.

18. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Thanks D, I have one similar, it’s a Bledsoe and is a beast.
    Glad you got to play and didn’t get hurt..that’s the best combo! :thumbsup:
    I’ve played broom ball on the ice before..it’s pretty fun!:)

-ROCKY-, rossage, Danmtchl and 6 others like this.
  19. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
    Where'd you play? Pick up?

MrGreedom, -ROCKY-, herzalot and 7 others like this.
  20. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    The venerable Wednesday Night Hockey [Beer] League at the old Ontario Ice Skating Center. 4 on 4 due to a smaller ice sheet.

MrGreedom, -ROCKY-, herzalot and 7 others like this.
  21. skyungjae

skyungjae Member

Name:
    Kyung Jae
    Current Bike:
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson C
    308680ccf6bb3b9a7399cd2183c120e4.jpg

You made Wayne Gretzky cry

MrGreedom, Luis, -ROCKY- and 9 others like this.
  22. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
  23. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    And I thought you were being intentionally witty!

24. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    :eek:That's some righteous Trunk Rump! :sneaky:

Danmtchl, Danimal, -ROCKY- and 5 others like this.
  25. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    Nice choice of chips Mikie

26. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    Me too. I thought Mikie was saying he was goofing off. Nice back tracking Mikie. We know the cyber black helicopters are circling your monitors

27. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Big Bear family getting larger:

28. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r

LOL. I played at that rink for about ten years. Unfortunately, that was more than 25 years ago. They didn't have a glass along the boards when I started playing. About a year later they took down the curtains and put glass on 3 sides of the rink. The other side across from the benches was left with the brick wall, is it still like that?

Danmtchl, herzalot, mike and 3 others like this.
  29. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    Don sold the rink to Luis, who added glass along the brick wall. But since the glass abuts the wall, it doesn’t move when you slam it. A few upgrades to the locker rooms (added a third locker room); otherwise it’s still the same hole in the wall ice rink. I helped paint the ceiling and replace the boards in 1997. We may have crossed paths back in the day. Did you hear about the time Eric’s slap shot went off the crossbar, through the ventilation fan at the end of the building, and into the parking lot? The fan was still spinning when Brian Stover retrieved the puck from outside.

Danmtchl, Luis, mike and 3 others like this.
  30. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    Oh man! Wednesday night checking league was always good fun. Sooooo many goons that barely knew how to stand up on skates always wanting to scrap. It was always funny when my dripping wet 170lb self would light up guys that were 200+. The look on their faces after getting leveled was priceless. Then watching them try and pay back was even funnier.

Danmtchl, CBone, Luis and 5 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?