19" Carbon Speed Carbon Fiber Hardtail 29" MTB - Frame/Fork/Build Kit

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by KiLO, Feb 13, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. KiLO

KiLO Member

Name:
    Miles
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010
    Carbon Speed Carbon Fiber Hardtail 29" Mountain Bike - Size 19" - $900

(edit: sorry, I didn't add the price in the title and can't edit it... my bad!)

Bought this frame in February of 2017 and built it up and rode it for about a year. It's been sitting for a while in the garage at this point, so it needs a new home. I put the wheels on a different bike, so this ad is for the bicycle without wheels. Took everything apart and cleaned and lubed it. The bike is fun and light as hell, but it's time to send it to a new home to make room for something new. Also included is an extra set of dropouts. For an imtb person, I also have a tire and a couple other things I'm going to toss in.

- $20 Maxxis Forekaster w/ plenty of life (not pictured, can send photos)

- $450: Carbon Speed CS-057 carbon fiber hardtail frame size L (http://xmcarbonspeed.com/Productinfo.asp?f=1296) w/ 2 carbon fiber bottle cages, NECO headset, and 2 sets of dropouts (one set installed and one extra set)

- $250: Rockshox Reba RL 120mm through axle w/ remote lockout in excellent condition, regularly serviced

- $25: DT Swiss 142x12 rear axle

- $25: Shimano ST MT800 bottom bracket

- $65: Shimano SLX crankset 175mm

- $20: OneUp 30T chainring

- $30: Shimano SLX M7000 rear derailleur

- $75: Shimano Deore M615 disc brakes (pair w/ pads)

- $45: Truvativ Holzfeller stem and handlebars w/ ODI grips

- $75: KS ETEN lever dropper seatpost

CIi9rAq.jpg

gBAgS94.jpg

kKf3KRR.jpg

RWHkgav.jpg

DO5HBtv.jpg

OSARhZX.jpg

2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I'm pretty sure I've ridden with this bike... And its twin! Pretty cool looking ride in person... :thumbsup:

UPSed, Danmtchl and Cyclotourist like this.
  3. KiLO

KiLO Member

Name:
    Miles
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010
    Hahaha you probably have! Erik (ebruner) had the same exact frame, and I think we've run into you out there when we were both out.

Faust29, Danmtchl and Cyclotourist like this.
  4. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    $900 is a GREAT price for a carbon frame, fork and incidentals!

Faust29 and Danmtchl like this.
  5. KiLO

KiLO Member

Name:
    Miles
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010
    It is, of course, priced higher on CL... Lower here cause imtb :)

6. Ebruner

Ebruner Well-Known Member

Name:
    Erik Bruner
    Current Bike:
    22' Nomad, 22' Trance x 29
    Just a few words about this bike. This is the same CF framed hardtail that I owned and beat the ever loving Sh!t out of for many miles. I crashed mine several times and the frame took several hits to the BB area with rock strikes and it never showed any signs of wear or fatigue. These frames are incredibly stout and if anything, they are a bit overbuilt. Another interesting fact is that this thing has some pretty favorable geo (see geo chart below).

I do quite a bit of maintenance and hardware oversight for @KiLO (@KiLO sorry buddy, don't mean to call you out here :p ) and I think my track record for over and preventative maintenance is well known lol. I tend to push my fix what isn't broken mentality onto him for better or worse.

Another few aspects about this bike/setup that miles didn't list:
    -12x142 rear spacing, fork is 15x100 non-boost
    -Entire drivetrain is M7000 SLX including cranks, derailleur, shifter
    -Built up weight on these is about 24.4 lbs with the dropper seatpost, 1800g wheels and 750g tires.
    -Rear dropouts are modular and this bike can be run as QR 135, 12x135 or 12x142
    -Fully internal/sleeved routing for a front derailleur if you so chose.
    -If you are on the taller side (6' +) this bike would be a perfect gravel bike. It could easily work with short reach/compact drop bars such as the specialized hover alloy expert (https://www.specialized.com/us/en/h...oNyYITfXjIBEI-Q6_-vegUOYkcmaGQRRoCv6kQAvD_BwE)
    -All of the internal cable routing is fully sleeved from entry to exit and runs silent
    -Build quality is superb. Seriously, you won't believe how clean everything is done and the fit and finish of this bike.

7. KiLO

KiLO Member

Name:
    Miles
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010
    Thanks for adding all that extra info dude!

Hahah, truth. I was not great at these things prior to when we started riding together several years ago. It's been a change for the good though!

Danmtchl and Cyclotourist like this.
  8. Ebruner

Ebruner Well-Known Member

Name:
    Erik Bruner
    Current Bike:
    22' Nomad, 22' Trance x 29
    Derp, forgot to include the geo chart.
    cs057 geo.jpg

Danmtchl and Cyclotourist like this.
  9. KiLO

KiLO Member

Name:
    Miles
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010
    Alright y'all. This bike is about to get parted out, so let me know if there's anything anyone will be interested in. I'll probably create a separate garage sale thread soon, including a few other parts and pieces.

10. KiLO

KiLO Member

Name:
    Miles
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010
    I put some prices to each of the parts and pieces in the original post. Open to offers on everything... These will be going on ebay this weekend if no bites.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?