I'm footing the bill!

Discussion in 'Crash Confessions' started by Sidewalk, Jan 5, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Btw, Josh, you were clipped in riding a wheelie? If yes, did your cleat release delay your footing?

I’ve flipped tons of wheelies and some were so fast that I could not imagine unclipping being able to fit into the stunt. Hell, a couple I could not recover from on flats. Brake recovery fails, likely.

2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Yeah... But you gotta admit that was funny! Like "spit my coffee out of my nose" funny. :Roflmao

3. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    Flats. I *think* what happened was I was on an off camber section of the parking lot. I started to lean too much left and too high and the brake just snapped the bike down hard left instead of dropping the wheel down (I'm getting better at wheelie control in general). When it snapped left I pulled my foot off to catch myself and abandon the wheelie. When that happened the rear wheel rolled over the foot (as the bike is rolling left of course) and trapped my foot, collapsing my knee and taking me to the ground. The rotation of my foot inside the shoe when it was trapped snapped the bone.

I saw the primary care doctor and she liked my rehab plan. The break is actually pretty minor. I already started riding the trainer, taking it easy. I won't be able to do any hard work for a while still, but I'm just trying to get some blood flow and minor calorie burn.

I also had to make a MAJOR diet change. I'm used to eating virtually anything I want and only being slightly over my goal weight. But now I'm trying to lose weight without the aid of lots of bike riding. I'm slowly dropping weight, but it's lots of work ignoring my hunger and avoiding 99% junk.

4. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Makes sense completely. It's force like jumping from 10 feet up, anything wrong could be damaging. Heal strong, sounds like you are. Howdy to your bro James. :thumbsup:

5. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    If you can, eat only organic non-processed foods. You'll be amazed at how much you feel better and less inflamation. Take it a step further, eliminate sugars and caffeine. And, to go even further than that eliminate most grains, mainly breads.
    Good luck... YOU CAN DO IT!!

6. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Never forsake Chicken Nuggets and Tacos!

7. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.

8. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    Well, I'm at 144 now, targeting ~140, so I'm pretty much there.

I've been at goal before, I just let myself go when I'm not taking things too seriously.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?