I DIDN'T Ride My Bike Today, Cuzz....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Voodoo Tom, Sep 6, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    ...I'm tired. Several days in a row can do that. Tomorrow morning, back at it. :thumbsup:

2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Several days in a row of anything, even nothing, can be tiring!

We might need a new thread...I didn’t ride my bike this week cuzz... :cry::geek:

Faust29, DangerDirtyD, Mikie and 6 others like this.
  3. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    How is your injury healing up??

Faust29, DangerDirtyD, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  4. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Drove from Breckenridge to St. George on Thursday. T-rex was trying to eat the Grinch in Fruita, and my girls were mocking him:

T-Rex, Grinch and my Girls.JPG

St. George to home yesterday. Riding today.

Saw this Hooligan trying to show off his new license plate in the parking lot of the Cafe Rio in St. George:
    Craig w UT Plate.jpg

Yes our very own @Cougar proudly denouncing his CA residency. He was kind enough to join us at the St. George Cafe Rio on 1 hour's notice - but that's how our rides always went. I would be driving to the trailhead and call Craig. 9 times out of 10, he would meet me there - sometimes he would arrive before me. Miss you, little brother!

5. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Thanks for asking, Sara! As expected, NTB. Wrist, elbow, shoulder and back all coming through at about the same pace. The wrist is a re-re-re-reinjury, so, no high hopes of bombproofness. Come to think, all those parts had previous injuries, so I’m pretty happy with the outcome. And I got off easy because I could have gotten seriously injured. So it goes...making the most of what ya got, or what ya got left!! :)

6. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Good news Mike! Are you going stir crazy yet? Caged athletes can be dangerous :devilish::whistling: @mike

mike, DangerDirtyD, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I didn’t ride my bike on Saturday...
    I would like to blame the weather, it was indeed very cold. Then it got cold with hurricane winds! These winds happen like once a year up here where you feel the house is heading to Oz! Storage sheds end up at other neighbors, hatches need to be battened.

Plus, I had a two year project that needed to be completed. I rebuilt the water damaged cabinet under the kitchen sink, fixed a water leak, replaced the dishwasher. I also finished a shelf I built in the service porch that I started about 2 months ago. Have to admit, feels pretty good to get projects done.

But... I didn’t ride my bike.
    Go back to work tomorrow. January is going to be hell at work. Can’t wait until January is over.

Bike on!

8. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    @Cougar! We miss you!

9. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Hehe! :eek: Somehow this down time is not bothering me at all. I had such a full year and looking at another one coming up; it’s really pacifying. Plus not good conditions where I am temporarily, so it’s not like I’m missing something. Truth be told I probably need a break, both mental and physical. :)

10. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Even more good news! That’s awesome and not always easily done mentally and physically...good for you!
    Heal up and heal in, the trials will get to see you soon!:cool:

Faust29, mtnbikej, mike and 1 other person like this.
  11. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I didn't ride today because Christmas decorations had to be taken down and stored away. Another year until I get to do that again. :thumbsup:

12. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Name:
    Craig
    Current Bike:
    '14 Turner Burner
    I miss y'all too :) It was good to see Chris when he was passing through!

Cyclotourist, mike, Faust29 and 7 others like this.
  13. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    You're looking good... Utah agrees with you. :thumbsup: Too good, in fact. I'm going to have to pedal my ass off in the beginning at True Grit and hope it's enough that you don't catch me on the downs. :cautious: :D:p

--------

I haven't ridden my bike since Palm Canyon on Saturday. That was a riot... But the next morning I jumped in the car with both boys and drove to Eugene. Rain, fog, snow and ice the entire way. Then I turned around and drove home minus one kid. 1900 miles in two days... I'm getting too old for that. :p

But... I did learn with undeniable proof that there is a higher power and cosmic karma. Going through the Siskiyou Mountains, there were 5 cars in the ditch. Every single one was a BMW 3 series... :p:D Sorry, @Danimal .

14. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    What you don't know from the picture is that Craig was stuck in that position and couldn't get up without my help. He's getting old. :whistling: ;)

15. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    @Cougar . . . not too much longer (okay, 8 years or so) and we'll be neighbors. :cool:

16. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I haven't ridden a bike since last weekend and I won't be riding for a while longer according to the wet forecast arriving this weekend that goes well into next week.

Heading out to the desert this afternoon and staying until Sunday and we have opted not to bring bikes. This will be a research trip for my cousin who may be buying the Havasu house from us.

And the cherry on top of all of this is that I have a head cold. :gag:

17. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I am up in the desert WITHOUT my bike and its a horrible feeling. I can’t remember the last time I was without my bike up here but its been at least a decade. My klunker is in the closet with flat tires (tubed). We do have a pump here but I don’t have any riding attire or protection.

Should I pump up the tires and go for a sandy desert road spin when I have a chance?

5EB44837-0715-4EB4-8067-DE54B889F8E2.jpeg

mike, ~JB~, DangerDirtyD and 6 others like this.
  18. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    The answer to that question is self-evident. :Roflmao

19. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    A grand day out with my spouse! Lunch in town. Pastrami sliders and a pint:

45768160915_3a9b119120_c.jpg

Then took the boy this season's first MTB team practice.

46630481832_7e90ddeb74_c.jpg

The wife and I hiked around the trails a bit. Soooo nice out!

39718397063_74368a7186_c.jpg

Danimal, herzalot, Luis and 16 others like this.
  20. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I swear I read this three times in a row as "A grand day without my spouse." :confused::rolleyes::laugh:

mike, ~JB~, DangerDirtyD and 4 others like this.
  21. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    We see what we want to see... :)

Luis, mike, DangerDirtyD and 4 others like this.
  22. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Uh..duh! :gotnothing:

23. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    A blanket of snow warms my frozen riding status...

I’m glad to be unable to ride temporarily. Because forever is a long time! When I lawn-darted into that big rock, I felt a bolt of relieve when I was able to stand up and move around. So there’s that.

But as my buds know, my spine is a disaster decades in the making. Bad laboring and lifting form, trauma from accidents, no stretching; general abuse on top of inherent issues. Again, I feel glad. I should, really, not be able to do jack sht for athletics.

The L5 on xray looks way more compressed than it did 20 years ago, and it was a 10mm bulge then. I’m positive that I’ve re-aggravated it by landing on my posterior, and so I’m off bikes indefinitely. Orthopedic gives me a rosy outlook, citing my overall health and activity. PT, home exercises, heat and meds...in combination with a big dollop of patience, that’s my recovery cocktail.

Don’t take it easy on the trail. Take calculated risks. Wring every drop out of this short life we have. Yea you might crash, boo fcking hoo. Live fully, and do it now. Make sure your fam is covered if you F it up badly.

No sympathy, please. This just an update. Carry on!

24. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

No sympathy.....i love the positive outlook.

25. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Haven’t touched my bikes since our half frozen attempt at a New Year’s day ride :unsure:
    Work has been very turbulent. Last July our family owned dealership was purchased by a corporation. Technically it is still owned by a family but they own over 40 dealerships across the US and more are being purchased this year. I think he wants to own the most Honda dealerships on the west coast.
    Recently my boss was let go because his position was no longer necessary. Needless to say us remaining managers were walking on eggshells after that happened. To kinda ease our fears all the remaining managers were requested to attend a meeting at the home office in Canton Michigan this past Monday and Tuesday for a face to face with the owner and a bunch of higher-ups. Expectations for our store were presented and a plan on how to proceed were laid out.
    Too bad we only had a short visit but it was eye opening. Canton is just west of Detroit headed towards Ann Arbor. On Tuesday before heading to the airport we drove to see the corporate headquarters of GMC at the Renaissance Center. It’s righ across from Windsor Canada on the shore of the Detroit river. There’s a mini GM exhibit inside that was pretty cool.
    7AB559E6-03E5-469D-857A-CBB9DE92CD95.jpeg A21421A0-7A61-40F1-958B-C2D275AB4B6A.jpeg 53035811-12C5-47D0-BFF2-4AFA30FED271.jpeg 8A3039B7-B390-4A25-81A2-120FF291B6F4.jpeg 48A198F9-D502-44B0-90BE-B21C27F591BA.jpeg E3C3A6EE-8EB3-4FF6-B3B3-20852AA9F0F0.jpeg E97D6EB3-16FD-4C96-A303-8C3EDE1AF374.jpeg

I miss my bike... :(

26. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    No sympathy! In fact, mike can bring the beer next time. :thumbsup:

27. mountaingirl sara

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    No sympathy:cry:, none at all.
    Have to agree with the live fully, thanks for sharing Mike, you’re a kindred spirit.
    82CA6CE5-C9B6-4D6B-8A22-172EEAABD1F6.jpeg

Danmtchl, Danimal, Mikie and 4 others like this.
  28. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    At a leadership training for work a couple years ago a retired General was speaking to us. This was a guy who had indeed lived a big life, and he made a comment that has become a bit of a mantra for me. "It's better to wear out than to rust out."

On another bright side, if you're like me you probably have a bunch of little semi-chronic aches and pains. My recent forced hiatus has provide some degree of relief from a number of those. Hopefully this will do the same for you.

29. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Because... I wanted to ride in a flatbed instead.

That moment when you remember that the compressor to fill the donut is still in the wife's car... :facepalm:
    A2C63EFE-DA8A-4801-8304-9A1EDCCB19E8.jpeg

30. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    DOHHHH!

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?