2017 Banshee Spitfire - L

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by kazlx, Oct 1, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. kazlx

kazlx Well-Known Member

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5.5
    Putting my Large Banshee Spitfire up for sale as I have an opportunity to purchase something else. I really enjoy riding this bike and it treats me very well. The frame has been helicopter taped from day 1. Has some small scratches and normal wear from riding, but overall good shape. I'm going to go though it and make sure everything is running smoothly. The bike definitely rips and I think it climbs decently. If I forgot anything, just ask. Perfect for someone looking for a complete. A little more aggressive set up towards descending, but could easily change a few things to lighten it up, mainly the tire setup. I just like aggressive grip and tires. I'll add some better pics when I get a chance.

$2K OBO

Frame - Banshee Spitfire size Large
    Fork - X Fusion Sweep
    Shock - Rock Shox (Monarch RC3 I think? will have to double check)
    Drivetrain - Sram GX 11sp stuff
    Brakes - Shimano XT 180mm rotors
    Wheels - Enve M70 w/DT 240 hubs
    Tires - Maxxis Minion Dual Ply, tubeless setup
    Bars - Chromag Fubars OSX
    Stem - Chromag
    Seatpost - Thomson dropper with Wolf Tooth lever

30440022324_4225b2c1d1_c.jpg

2. kazlx

kazlx Well-Known Member

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5.5
    $2K OBO.

Danmtchl, mike, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  3. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Generous offer! Especially with Enve Wheels and DT240 hubs!

I have a 2002 Giant AC2 maintained with a mix of used-to-be-modern (e.g., 2012 Fox 32 Factory fork with 150mm travel, Avid XOtrail brakes) and definitely antiquated parts (e.g., 26” wheels) that I would be reluctant to sell for 2k or less.

I doubt anyone can walk into a bike shop and buy a bike for 2k that rides as well as your Banshee or my Giant, tho I figure your bike would ride better than mine.

Danmtchl, Cyclotourist, mike and 2 others like this.
  4. kazlx

kazlx Well-Known Member

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5.5
    The only thing harder than letting it go for that is dealing with the idiots from CL and the like. Because you know, a guy seems insulted for mocking him when he offers me $600....

If I can’t get at least right close to that, I’d rather give it away to a good friend or family member or just loan it out. Only bummer about the Yeti 29er is I can’t swap the wheels over.

5. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    That bike is so sweet I would almost buy it on principle. Can I assume the wheels are 27.5?

Please don't give it away.

Danmtchl, Cyclotourist and mike like this.
  6. kazlx

kazlx Well-Known Member

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5.5
    Yes, 27.5. I’m exaggerating a little saying giving it away but I’d rather keep as a spare or take people out than just dump it. I honestly really like riding it and had no plans to even buy another bike, but was hard to pass the opportunity up.

Danmtchl, Mikie, Cyclotourist and 3 others like this.
  7. stevers

stevers Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2018 Ibis Ripmo V1
    Oh man this looks like a smoking deal! Are the wheels boost spacing? Centerlock or 6-bolt?

Danmtchl, Mikie, mike and 2 others like this.
  8. kazlx

kazlx Well-Known Member

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5.5
    Not boost. Regular 6 bolt.

It’s a great bike. If anyone on here wanted to check it out we can always go out for a ride and you can take it out.

Danmtchl, Mikie, herzalot and 3 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?