Noob saying g'day

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Lost Kiwi, Nov 6, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Lost Kiwi

Lost Kiwi Well-Known Member

Name:
    Simon
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Hi all, joining up after a recommendation from a kind soul who showed me how to get to the luge (hi Kevin!). I'm a regular visitor to the area over from the UK for work. You'll usually find me round Whiting as the hotel I stay at is right there but I'm planning to go further afield on my next few visits. Santiago Oaks and Crystal Cove look interesting.

Anyways if you see someone dumb enough to be out hacking about on an old proflex its most likely me, say hi, and help me with directions, I usually have no idea where I am or where I'm going (hence the user name)

Cheers
    Simon

2. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
  3. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Welcome, LK. These guys and gals are top notch and strong riders, as you saw demonstrated. Passion is all you need to be here, so you’re in :thumbsup: Ride on!

Yea, and you got nothing on me for getting lost. Don’t make me start telling stories :unsure::cool:

4. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Hey Simon! Thanks for jumping in to this little nuthouse. We could use an infusion of international-ness to our conversation. Seems this site attracts more than a few Pro-Flex rehabbers, thanks to @Mikie's history as a Pro-Flex racer-boy.

Love your enthusiasm - go get some dirt, and share your thoughts, experiences, quips and wit here. :thumbsup: :cool:

5. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Welcome, Mr. Kiwi!

The Luge is one of my go-to loops from the house. I'll keep an eye out for the ProFlex. Can't say that I've ever seen one in the wild around here.

Next time you're venturing to this side of the pond, throw out an invitation on the forum. You'll find someone to show you around... We have riders who practically live at Santiago Oaks and the Crystal Cove area. And they will know the best spots for post ride tacos. :thumbsup:

6. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
  7. Lost Kiwi

Name:
    Simon
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm flying back in tomorrow for another visit so I'll send out a message later and see whose going to be where this weekend :thumbsup:

8. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Welcome aboard wayward fuzzy brown bird!!!:laugh:

As long as you throw out your plans for riding here, you should have no problem coming up with riding partners who know the goods.

9. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Welcome, Noob!

Make (the) UK Great Again: Buy a Cotic!!!

mountaingirl sara and Danmtchl like this.
  10. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    @Lost Kiwi Hi Simon! So glad you signed up, I had written you off. Hope to see you on the trails soon.
    Stay in touch when your here. This is a great group of passionate riders. Keep the rubber side down.
    Guys... he’s a legit rider. Don’t let the prehistoric bike fool you.

5A812260-DF34-467B-BBD9-4AFC198509F9.jpeg

11. Lost Kiwi

Name:
    Simon
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I'll be out this weekend, you just tell me where and when (as long as I ain't to hung over)

12. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    Lost kiwi.. u sound like a bunch of english i met way back..
    Brilliant!
    They lived adventure n beer...
    Ill keep my eye out for u..

13. Oaken

Oaken Well-Known Member

Name:
    CeeJay
    Welcome!

mountaingirl sara and Danmtchl like this.
  14. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    I'm a little confused @Lost Kiwi . All the Kiwi's I have know were from NZ? Or, are you a Kiwi lost in the UK and not lost in So Cal?
    Either way, welcome!

15. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    no riding for me this weekend, stupid family plans!:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

16. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    My guess is - yes...Kiwi - lost in the UK and double lost in the OC. Man in a Suitcase indeed!

What say you, Simon?

17. Lost Kiwi

Name:
    Simon
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Definitely lost ! :Roflmao

Originally from NZ, lived in Australia for about a decade and been living in the UK for 8 years now. My boss created a new startup in Irvine which is why I travel across at the moment but I'm looking to move to OC, currently working on a visa application at the moment. If it all goes well should be moving sometime first half of next year.

Bummer fella, would have been good to catch up. Keep a day free 1/2 December, I'm back again then as well.

18. kazlx

kazlx Well-Known Member

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5.5
    Welcome. I live right down the street from Oaks and ride there relatively frequently. You are always welcome to hit me up.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?