Trail Angels Open House - October 20th

Discussion in 'Rides Under 10 Miles' started by H2oChick, Oct 9, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Added to Calendar: 10-20-18
  1. H2oChick

H2oChick Well-Known Member

Name:
    K-Oss
    I'm posting this as under 10 miles but there will be rides over 15 miles. All abilities and a trail friendly environment.
    Come out and join us for a fun, Open House with grouped rides for ALL Levels.
    We will meet at the Quail Hill Community Center on Shady Canyon Dr., west of the 405. After the round-about take the 2nd left into the parking area. Rest rooms available there after 9:00am but there are rest rooms also at the Quail Hill parking lot nearby.
    We will group and ride by level:
    - Beginner
    - Advanced Beginner / low Intermediate
    - More advanced Intermediate
    - Advanced
    We will ride for 2.5 hours and then regroup for raffles, sack lunches (please bring your own) and fun!

A great way to meet some more riding buddies!
    You won't want to miss this one.

Please bring a sack lunch and a beach chair for after the ride.
    Note: the restrooms at the Community Center open at 9:00am, so plan ahead and maybe stop at the Quail Hill parking lot restrooms on your way there in the am.

Any questions - just ask K-Oss!

43509274_10215867666756596_4884021377746599936_n.jpg

2. -ROCKY-

-ROCKY- Well-Known Member

Name:
    Rocky
    Wow this looks like fun! It's not just for women is it? :)

3. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Well crap, I won’t be on my bike yet:(

4. H2oChick

Name:
    K-Oss
    ^^^ There will be many more rides/adventures in the future - and Rocky you really don't want to be the only dude on a girls ride. Trust me -

5. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Ummm... That's the whole reason I took Home Ec in the 10th grade! :whistling:

6. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    riding with a bunch of girlies.... what other incentive do you need?

7. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Trail Angels meet the Dirt Devils. :thumbsup:

8. -ROCKY-

Name:
    Rocky
    It really is women only!?? WELL!!!! :/ LOL :)

9. -ROCKY-

Name:
    Rocky
    Dirt Devils!!! Heh heh...

10. FizzyCola

FizzyCola Member

Name:
    Dr. Thunder
  11. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    LOL! I'd love to be a fly on the helmet if Rocky attended.

12. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    What you need to do @-ROCKY- is head out about 30min before their roll time. At the top of the first climb release all the air from your rear tire and play the role of a dude in distress and just see where the day goes from there :rolleyes:

13. -ROCKY-

Name:
    Rocky
    Lol, I've already been thinking about it. I figured out being soo green, one, I really wouldn't be"playing," two, every single Trail Angel could school me all day, up and down every trail. I guess that could be good, but my gut is telling me to trust @H2oChick lol.

14. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Yeah, she didn't say that in the first post did she ... Was thinking a good ride for the singles guys. Tinder on dirty wheels.

15. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Y'know, I tend to believe you. Being the only guy in a girls' "bachelorette party" is not a good thing. You think guys are bad in the locker room?

16. H2oChick

Name:
    K-Oss
    We have had "trail males" accompany us on rides before; husbands, young sons, etc. and it's all good
    Except when:
    - an overbearing "know it all" will try to school the people in the group
    - he gets dropped to the back of the pack and starts blaming everyone/everything
    Our focus is on creating a positive riding experience and skill building when needed. Some ladies get very intimidated when guys are around and they won't assert themselves on the trail. And vice versa ...

17. CBone

CBone iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    Well, your list covered all of us here on imtbtrails. We get the message.;)

18. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Gotta love @-ROCKY- for trying.. Barely out of the gates and he's already setting the pace. :thumbsup:;):)

19. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    I want to try and get my wife to attend this so she can learn from another female how to get on/off a bike that isn’t a step through like her beach cruisers have all been. She wants me to cut her seatpost again but having her seat that low won’t be good for riding trails, obvious to us but not her.

Danimal, mtnbikej, Faust29 and 4 others like this.
  20. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Sounds like she could use a dropper post..

21. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    The seat is already able to drop as low if not lower than the dropper would. She is just used to beach cruisers, we lived in Newport for almost a decade and rode bikes around as our main transportation when near home. It’s intimidating for her to be on the bike without being able to rest both feet flat on the ground, once she is pedaling she is fine it’s just the mount/dismount.

I do have a dropper for her bike but for now I’ve been letting her practice with the seat slammed and will progress to the dropper. It’s tough to get her out since we need both kids watched for us to both be out there. Plus I don’t push her, I leave it up to her to want to ride. Now that my daughter is almost one she can ride in a trailer so been looking at a Burly so I can tow the kids on my HT while wifey can ride with us too and focus on herself.

I’ll keep reminding her of the Trail Angels and that they will help her from a woman’s perspective to gain more confidence. Luckily her bike is 1x so only half the shifting to worry about!

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?