Snow Summit with my Thursday crew

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Sidewalk, Oct 1, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Nice run. I must be the only one on the planet who can't/won't clear the jumps. :( :bang:

3. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Naaahhhh, I'm right there with ya. If'n I ever actually go to Snow Summit, I won't either. You may or may not want to wear that as a badge of pride. :cool:

4. -ROCKY-

-ROCKY- Well-Known Member

Name:
    Rocky
    Yeah that was great! Lol at the coon skin helmet! What is that, cougar bait!?

5. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Welcome to the club! Last time I was there, I smashed against the planet at 5:08 and have never been back.

6. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic, Stumpu and Enduro
    Leonard is 60 yrs old and started jumping last year, he just forgot to do the hip part of this jump(CRS).
    I learned to jump at Skypark. Arrow at Skypark is the perfect trail to learn jumping skills. I feared bigger air for quite awhile still do from time to time.

7. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    This is what happens when you give us spandex clad road warriors a long travel bike with baggy shorts!

I used to be terrified of this stuff when I was a kid. I never jumped pretty much anything at all. I started relatively recently and got hooked.

8. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    Saw that Ben uploaded his video from a few weeks ago when he followed me down Miracle Mile :D

9. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    I appreciate the comment, but since you are an avowed anti-descender, and I only ride up for the downs, I find no comfort in knowing that you and I share the same jumping skills. :(

10. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I am most definitely not an anti-descender. I admit that I find no satisfaction in jumping. But then, I am on a hardtail.

11. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    C'mon now, all the hardcore dirt jumpers use hardtails! :thumbsup:

12. Sidewalk

Sidewalk iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Josh
    Current Bike:
    N+1
    I know a few who love descending a good trail, but that doesn't mean big air. I actually prefer chunky enduro trails over jumping. But jumping is fun too. And, more importantly to me, jumping skills do help out when descending tech trails, being able to clear tough sections, hop from rock to rock, etc. My friend Ben isn't a big jumper either, as you can see in his chase video, he goes around the ramp after the berm when chasing me. And he is a much better technical rider than you would imagine. He even surprised me when he was following me through my home trails, which were totally new to him and making it through hard sections that most people skip.

Nothing wrong with not jumping. But, I do get a nice rush out of it. And as @LLPoolJ said, Skypark is the greatest place to go from nothing to full send, and is a part of why I have gotten so comfortable with it. Learning to jump on Arrow and progressing to Jumpline will set you up for stuff like Westridge.

13. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    I like jumping. I'm just not good at it, because I'm scared of it, because I've had a couple of nasty crashes. I don't mind drops, and I like jumping in rock gardens too. I rode Arrow and agree that it's a good trail on which to learn to jump. So was Crank-it-Up at Whistler.

Once a year for 4-6 runs won't cut it though, so I've got to get up there far more often.

14. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
    That hip is no joke!

I took it slow the first time and it still launched me way further than I thought it would!

LLPoolJ and Sidewalk like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?